Modern craft beer annoys me.

I have issues when I'm buying at a store or beverage center. There is so much to choose from . Many of the cans can be quite overwhelming to the eyes and that's not even knowing what kind of beer is inside. :LOL: I prefer choosing my beers from a list where I can see what they are.

i don't mind paying more for a 4-pack if they're 16oz cans and it's a really exceptional beer on a limited release.
but the artwork cans that are supposed to grab my attention have the opposite effect - if i can't even tell what kind of beer it is i'm not buying it.

my current favorite: 4x16oz for ~$10 in a simple, elegant can...and hey, golf!

Par3Pale_16.jpg

$18- $20 for a 4 pack? I’d call that cheap LOL. I’m more than happy paying for decent beer. I’m about quality over quantity these days. I’ll pay $24 for a 4 pack of decent beer over $10 or whatever it is for a 4 pack of Coors Lite.

Yeah they have changed a lot in the last 10 years. I worked at a Steakhouse and Brewery in college and the beer prices were pretty good, you could get a growler for pretty cheap and refill for $11 ($8 during happy hour). I went to a few others around then that were similar. Now it seems like all of them are charging $7-10 per beer and like $20-$25 to fill a growler.

Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of them now carry a ton of different kinds. I've seen 15-30 different types of beer at them with all kinds of seasonal varieties. I like choice but when many of them aren't that good maybe you should focus on making 4-6 good ones and the occasional season/specialty.
If you have ever watched bar rescue and seen them clean the beer taps you would know that most of these places cannot possibly keep all their tap lines clean. They would have to have someone cleaning constantly. It's why I think some of the beers we get that just have that funky little weird aftertaste isn't the beer but the dirty tap and lines.

I chased quality craft beers for a few years. I, too, am tired of the overpriced 4pk, and don't care that they may be 20oz cans. That and the can graphics have become more of an art show and I'm tired of having to find and read all the fine print to get the details about the beer. I'm over it, buying more bourbon these days.
Sadly i think the bourbon and whiskey scene is heading the same way. Seems like every town now has a distillery and the liquor stores are huge with so many micro distilleries.

I thought it was mandatory to have a beard and twat knot to drink craft beers? Besides, you only rent beer for a short time before it is kidney filtered.

My brother is a beer snob. I remember the first time he poured me a beer and then tried to put a slice of orange in it. We almost fought.

Damn, I quit drinking at the right time I guess. I thought $3.50 for a pint was crazy!
I’d LOVE 3.50. Hell even $5 wouldn’t bother me right now. Though I’m not even drinking right now so it doesn’t bother me currently

First of all, I don't mind paying a little more in your tap room, but gtfo with $18-$20 four packs. Seriously.

Also, I'm tired of going to the store and not being able to figure out what beer I'm looking at in your stupid cans.

In summary, suck it craft brewers. I like your beer, but I hate everything else about you.
Sooooo funny. Because this is basically what sent me packing from beer all together a number of years ago.

9/10 times I’m going with Guinness.

Yep, someone else can have the bearded-buffalo-plaid-man-bun ****.

St Patricks Day Party GIF by Guinness US

Yes, but I prefer not to go back to the days of walking into bars and seeing the only beer available being bud, bud light, coors light and miller lite.

it's funny how much of a stigma comes with being a craft beer snob.

Yass. Send me a Yuengling and I'll keep my sanity.
:rolleyes: Next time I'm playing with JB

I'll go on the other side of this and say its great. Why not be creative and do what you want to try and grow the brand. Pricing can be different but you are also getting a totally different product. As long as you know going in what you are getting.

Local brewery down here, that is amazing, just came out with a new stout. $24 for a 2 pack of 16oz cans.

GTFO.
I saw a Shiner Special Winter release that was $25 at the grocery store for a 24 oz bottle. Maybe if it was one of those 18-20% ones where that's all I would need but it was like 9%.

I like craft beer. I really don't find it all that difficult, honestly. I find a variety of styles and tastes enjoyable, although some places can definitely be a little too pricey. YMMV.

Yes, but I prefer not to go back to the days of walking into bars and seeing the only beer available being bud, bud light, coors light and miller lite.

:rolleyes: Next time I'm playing with JB
damon wayans fox GIF by Lethal Weapon

First of all, I don't mind paying a little more in your tap room, but gtfo with $18-$20 four packs. Seriously.

Also, I'm tired of going to the store and not being able to figure out what beer I'm looking at in your stupid cans.

In summary, suck it craft brewers. I like your beer, but I hate everything else about you.
George C Scott America GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

90% of the time “craft beer” = IPA, which is beer made by people who can’t make beer.

If you have ever watched bar rescue and seen them clean the beer taps you would know that most of these places cannot possibly keep all their tap lines clean. They would have to have someone cleaning constantly. It's why I think some of the beers we get that just have that funky little weird aftertaste isn't the beer but the dirty tap and lines.
Yep I was in the restaurant business for a few year and am well aware of that. Most of the bigger restaurant/chains will have them cleaned by the distributor. My club is bad about this and we often will get a pitcher and be like oh that's bad. I can actually smell it now without even having to taste it.

In most of the cases at breweries this hasn't been the case. Just that the beer wasn't really all that good. Not necessarily bad but didn't make me want to come back and have another.

I thought it was mandatory to have a beard and twat knot to drink craft beers? Besides, you only rent beer for a short time before it is kidney filtered.
You forgot at least 1 arm or leg sleeve tattoo

My brother is a beer snob. I remember the first time he poured me a beer and then tried to put a slice of orange in it. We almost fought.
Don't go to the Dutch then, summer beer is served with orange slice and it's really good on a hot day

Anthony Bourdain said it best, hipster suck and ruin everything and make fun things suck.

Well Done Reaction GIF

I'll go on the other side of this and say its great. Why not be creative and do what you want to try and grow the brand. Pricing can be different but you are also getting a totally different product. As long as you know going in what you are getting.
Some are really good and worth the price but a lot seem like a couple/few buddies got drunk one night and decided let's open a brewery and it shows as the beers aren't good. There was one brewery in Abilene that was like this with a couple retired police/firefighters. They had about 12-15 beers which were ok but only 2-3 that were really good. One of those was a Vanilla Porter that they called Stripper Dust. It's the best stout/porter that I've had and even my dad and some of his friends liked it a lot. One of the local restaurants served it with a sugar and fresh vanilla bean rim. I never got to try that but my dad and BIL said it was awesome that way. Sadly that restaurant closed and a few months ago the brewery did. I would have liked to have bought the recipe for that one haha.

Back