Modern craft beer annoys me.

I have started going Euro. I prefer Pilsners and Lagers anyway and you can always tell what they are. Funny, considering many of them have actual foreign languages on them.
When we moved to Colorado I thought with the craft beer scene I would find that there would be more choice, nope.

Stouts, porters, IPA, Hazy this, juicy that, IBU everywhere, not one brewer trying to make clean, decent traditional beer.

It hasn't got much better, Pröst Brewing in Denver does a very good version of traditional German style brewing, my favorite brewery Left Hand, stopped their amazing Polestar Pilsner and do a seasonal (occasionally) one.

Once, we were chatting woth one of the staff at LH and they were telling us why the head brewer named their first IPA 300lb Monkey, it was basically because 'any 300lb monkey can make an IPA' 🤣

First of all, I don't mind paying a little more in your tap room, but gtfo with $18-$20 four packs. Seriously.

Also, I'm tired of going to the store and not being able to figure out what beer I'm looking at in your stupid cans.

In summary, suck it craft brewers. I like your beer, but I hate everything else about you.
Drunk I Love You GIF by CBC

ABOUT DAMN TIME SOMEBODY ELSE SAYS IT......

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

Is there a reason that the majority of craft beers out there are IPA's? (at least is seems like the IPA's are most prevalent) Are they just easier to brew? (sort of the path of least resistance for getting into the beer making gig??) I mean somebody please throw a decent pilsner or lager on the menu... hell, give me a radler in August if you've gotta dabble in that sorta thing.... not everyone wants the hopppiest brew they can manage to toss back, in a craft brew experience!

Full transparency, I've been out of the drinking game for a few yrs now, but will dip into the offerings of Athletic Brewing Co. when feeling like a beer (and they fit just as well into the cup holder on my tractor as any other "regular" beer) I gotta admit, Athletic has done a great job as far as n/a beers are concerned (yes they do have a couple of IPA's to choose from, but several other styles as well.

I spent $46 on 4 can crowlers the other day. The beer was gone way too fast for the 3 of us who drank it. They really liked it and when they found out how much they said let's just stay domestic as this would be more expensive than buying golf balls after a round of golf :)

Is there a reason that the majority of craft beers out there are IPA's? (at least is seems like the IPA's are most prevalent) Are they just easier to brew? (sort of the path of least resistance for getting into the beer making gig??) I mean somebody please throw a decent pilsner or lager on the menu... hell, give me a radler in August if you've gotta dabble in that sorta thing.... not everyone wants the hopppiest brew they can manage to toss back, in a craft brew experience!

Full transparency, I've been out of the drinking game for a few yrs now, but will dip into the offerings of Athletic Brewing Co. when feeling like a beer (and they fit just as well into the cup holder on my tractor as any other "regular" beer) I gotta admit, Athletic has done a great job as far as n/a beers are concerned (yes they do have a couple of IPA's to choose from, but several other styles as well.
One reason is that IPAs became super popular, although I think that is fading now. It's not so much that IPAs are easier to brew, it's that the high hop bitterness can mask a lot of sins in the brewing process. I do like many IPAs but I like a lot of other styles as well. I gravitate toward more hops in the warmer months and maltier beers in the colder months when I do have a beer.

I'll go on the other side of this and say its great. Why not be creative and do what you want to try and grow the brand. Pricing can be different but you are also getting a totally different product. As long as you know going in what you are getting.
Stop it.

Local brewery here produces some truly excellent beer. They were promoting one of their limited releases on Facebook before Christmas and I decided I'd stop in to get a couple. I go to the bar and order 2. He brings two bombers from under the counter and says $68.04. Never mind I say. It's out of control...I feel like the craft beer industry is at in inflection point right now. Fewer young people seem to be drinking it.

First of all, I don't mind paying a little more in your tap room, but gtfo with $18-$20 four packs. Seriously.

Also, I'm tired of going to the store and not being able to figure out what beer I'm looking at in your stupid cans.

In summary, suck it craft brewers. I like your beer, but I hate everything else about you.
Thank you for this. A simple 👍 didn’t feel like enough to throw at the post of the day.

I’m a craft beer snob, but the 6 pack pricing is getting ridiculous.

Fewer young people seem to be drinking it.

Craft seltzer now, they traded the skinny jeans and logger boots for joggers and hey dudes.

Probably going to hell for that one.

I’m a Belgian beer fan at heart. I go craft beer at times when out on vacation but never see a can and because I’m out high prices are a given

I’m lucky if it’s only $6 now. We have these tap houses where it’s a whole bunch of different places beers instead of one brewery. Some of them are up to $8 or $9. Outrageous

There is a craft brewery just 5 minutes from my home. Yikes, right! Their prices are from $6 (light lager) to $12 (heavy stouts) Ridiculous!

I am with you on the 18-20$ four packs. I agree they should make it easy to tell what kind of beer it is, but i do like the creativity woth the cans and will choose solely on label sometimes.

Surprisingly, Oklahoma has a good craft beer scene. I like the products they produce and will pay more for what they have over the mass produced stuff. I still drink the other stuff as well, but I like having all the options.

As soon as something gains popularity the price goes up

I invite all of you to try America’s new best selling beer: Modelo Especial. It’s good and it’s not $6-$9 per

I'll go on the other side of this and say its great. Why not be creative and do what you want to try and grow the brand. Pricing can be different but you are also getting a totally different product. As long as you know going in what you are getting.
the pricing is part of what completely turns me off, like most things.

I'm just not that fancy, and I've yet to experience a craft beer that I felt was worth 2-3 times a typical beer in price. Maybe if the latter wasn't the case I'd be more welcoming of it.

the pricing is part of what completely turns me off, like most things.

I'm just not that fancy, and I've yet to experience a craft beer that I felt was worth 2-3 times a typical beer in price. Maybe if the latter wasn't the case I'd be more welcoming of it.
There is so much craft beer down here it's absurd. But my favorite place has some beer that I am willing to pay a bit more for. Their prices on tap are normal, it's their canned stuff that is stupid.

There is so much craft beer down here it's absurd. But my favorite place has some beer that I am willing to pay a bit more for. Their prices on tap are normal, it's their canned stuff that is stupid.
haha, I guess that makes sense, getting on tap for familiar pricing.

I've had beer that I would select over standard stuff if the price was close.
They can keep their hops though.

haha, I guess that makes sense, getting on tap for familiar pricing.

I've had beer that I would select over standard stuff if the price was close.
They can keep their hops though.
A little bit of hops is ok, it's the stupid crazy amount that makes you more thirsty as you drink it that needs to go away.

A little bit of hops is ok, it's the stupid crazy amount that makes you more thirsty as you drink it that needs to go away.
Every single damn fancy beer on tap around here is a hoppy hazy happy IPA.

Give me a damn break already.

Every single damn fancy beer on tap around here is a hoppy hazy happy IPA.

Give me a damn break already.
I feel like everything is a hazy ipa these days.

I’m a bit of a beer snob but I grew up in Wisconsin drinking whatever tap was on special so I’ll also happily drink a PBR. I also hate overpaying for anything so when the craft beer 4 packs started getting stupid expensive I bought a kegerator in 2012 and have had one of my favorites on tap since. I can get a great IPA such as Deschutes Fresh Squeezed for $175(13.2 gallons or 106 pints). Many other craft 15.5 gallons kegs are also under $200.

PREACH!!!!

Back