Modern craft beer annoys me.

I’m a bit of a beer snob but I grew up in Wisconsin drinking whatever tap was on special so I’ll also happily drink a PBR. I also hate overpaying for anything so when the craft beer 4 packs started getting stupid expensive I bought a kegerator in 2012 and have had one of my favorites on tap since. I can get a great IPA such as Deschutes Fresh Squeezed for $175(13.2 gallons or 106 pints). Many other craft 15.5 gallons kegs are also under $200.
Man, sometimes, when the weather is just right, a PBR or Old Style, or the like, just HIT THE SPOT!!!

Man, sometimes, when the weather is just right, a PBR or Old Style, or the like, just HIT THE SPOT!!!
I love me a PBR.

I have started going Euro. I prefer Pilsners and Lagers anyway and you can always tell what they are. Funny, considering many of them have actual foreign languages on them.
I like my stouts and find myself sticking to the same ones, not that there are many to choose from in comparison to IPAs. Breakfast Stout is my go to and I think a four pack is usually around $12. I don’t like spending more than that and don’t think the extra $$$ is worth it.

I like my lagers and pilsners as well. I will buy Stella or Heineken if they are on sale. There are some good lagers or Pilsner’s from craft brewers and can find them at decent prices.

You won’t find me spending $20 for a four pack of IPAs.

Epic and spot on thread.

I‘m a huge fan of both and last month we were in an expensive bar in Naples that had 24 oz. PBRs for $5 when all other 12oz bottles were at least $8. My son and I happily drank PBR all night. When I was in college back in the ‘80’s Special Export was a big beer as well.

the pricing is part of what completely turns me off, like most things.

I'm just not that fancy, and I've yet to experience a craft beer that I felt was worth 2-3 times a typical beer in price. Maybe if the latter wasn't the case I'd be more welcoming of it.
I get the pricing issue with them but does that mean they shouldn’t continue for other who enjoy and are okay to spend more? Granted I won’t spend $20 for a 4 pack. Now that I think of it I should see how much I am paying for the six packs I buy

I get the pricing issue with them but does that mean they shouldn’t continue for other who enjoy and are okay to spend more? Granted I won’t spend $20 for a 4 pack. Now that I think of it I should see how much I am paying for the six packs I buy
I don't think so. I just haven't experienced a beer that's worth double or triple what a normal beer costs.

It's also why I don't drink beer at sporting events lmao

I don't think so. I just haven't experienced a beer that's worth double or triple what a normal beer costs.

Same here. Can’t justify a $20 beer.

I‘m a huge fan of both and last month we were in an expensive bar in Naples that had 24 oz. PBRs for $5 when all other 12oz bottles were at least $8. My son and I happily drank PBR all night. When I was in college back in the ‘80’s Special Export was a big beer as well.
$2 pitchers of Premium Grain Belt at the Joynt on Water Street was a helluva way to spend a Friday night.

Hops are expensive.

Don't want to drink pricier beer probably stay away from IPAs and imports. There is always the cheap stuff made with the cheapest ingredients.

Same here. Can’t justify a $20 beer.
I can justify one, but the size of the mug it would have to come in would be more in the barrel or bucket classification lmao

the pricing is part of what completely turns me off, like most things.

I'm just not that fancy, and I've yet to experience a craft beer that I felt was worth 2-3 times a typical beer in price. Maybe if the latter wasn't the case I'd be more welcoming of it.
That Strawberry beer in Carlsbad was worth it

That Strawberry beer in Carlsbad was worth it
Leonardo Dicaprio Kinda GIF

Dude!! I was buying $20 beers at the PGA and thinking what am I doing!

I miss Tiger Head Ale

Attachments

• tiger head ale.png
    tiger head ale.png
    381.6 KB · Views: 0
image.jpg

This was like $15 for a six pack I think.

Last edited:
I hate some of these beer prices. Your stuff isn’t as good as you think it is damn it.

I can get on board with the OP here. I typically keep my craft beer purchases to growler refills now (brings it down to like $2-3 a pint). My typical go to is Woodstock brewery in upstate NY when I’m there.

Picked up some stone delicious today solely because I thought of this thread when I saw the simple can design. :LOL:

IMG_4273.jpeg

I hate some of these beer prices. Your stuff isn’t as good as you think it is damn it.
Yea. The “quality” argument is bs imo. Yes, there is a reasonable premium I’m willing to pay, but plenty of great beers out there that don’t come with a ridiculous price tag.

Yea. The “quality” argument is bs imo. Yes, there is a reasonable premium I’m willing to pay, but plenty of great beers out there that don’t come with a ridiculous price tag.
Bingo. There are some amazing beers out there that aren’t what @War Eagle just said, good Lord.

Back