Modernize a Classic? What’s your poison?

A lot of great clubs to choose from. My main set of irons are a set of Callaway Mavrik - which I love. However, I like to play classic clubs. The Hogan Apex 1999 are one of my favorites. I have a older set of Mizuno T-Zoids which are very good. Also, I have a set of 1978 Wilson Reflex which are great to hit. I picked up a MacGregor Custom 8 iron from Goodwill (it reminded of the Muirfield or VIP irons). I played a great set of VIP's when I played my best golf and always missed them. When I hit this club it reminded me of my old irons and it felt incredible. I am constantly looking for vintage irons to fool around with and try for a while (at least).

2007 Burner TP fairway woods. Those were so, so good

Macgregor VIP blades

cobra DF driver.

Love that this thread got revived. One of my favorites!

I'd love to see a modern Cleveland Classic driver with the 3 different weights like in years past. Pair it with a fun shaft company with a few options and keep a similar look.

Ping i200. That’s my answer.

Taylormade 510TP and Nike Pro Combo OG

Didn’t know 4 year old irons were classic 🤣

Nike Str8-Fit fairway woods. I loved my 5 wood that I bought used and kept until the Morgan Cup

I’m torn. Either mp 30 mp 60 or TM RAC coin forged blades! Yes @Canadan BLADES!

Square drivers that sound like aluminum baseball bats...I couldn't miss with those things!

I'd love to see a mid-1960's MacGregor persimmon FW somehow modernized with some forgiveness. I can still remember the wonderful sound and feel of a solid hit with persimmon!

I never hit the TP version, but I'm still hitting my 2007 TM HT Burner driver - great club.

It sat just a little open, came out a little lower and less spinning as the regular. It was such a great fairway wood.

It's impossible to pick just one. The first thing that popped in my mind was the TM Burner Bubble. Basically what they did with the 300 mini but offer a limited BB version.

I still want a new xft wedge.

The Callaway 454 with a more muted sound. It was a great shape and a rocket launcher!

Pretty sure this doesn't fall into the category of "classic" in the traditional sense, but it was the driver I could keep straight the most. Seeing this modernized to cover the sound because... yeah... would get my attention.

fti.JPG

Back