Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

With milk!

--
Tapatalk2

Off to the course...wish me luck

Good luck, hope your first tee shot is better than when we played together at the Outing. :alien:

Nice match, Jake!

Have fun out there, One-T. I want to leave and go play right now too.

Played in league yesterday. Shot a miserable 46 with 16 putts including a 4 putt. I hit 5 out of 7 fairways and I forgot how many greens I hit. My short game was really off, but I was also on a conference call for the first 3 holes. Really messed me up I think.

I've got to ask, how do you stay on the call and play?

I've got to ask, how do you stay on the call and play?

iPhone earbuds, put the phone on mute and drive my own card in case I have to stop real quick and reply to something. I apologized to my playing partners ahead of time and made sure I didn't talk during their pre-shot or swing. If they would have been mad, I would have withdrew from league night.

Played 18 this am and had a score of 84. Front nine started out great - par, par. Then the wheels fell of for two holes - two doubles in a row. Nothing spectacular, just stupid mistakes. Then bogey, par, bogey, par, bogey to finish 42 on the front. The back 9 was somewhat better (the back is much more challenging at my home course). 42 on the back, missed an easy putt on 10, pushed my drive on 11 into the deeeeep rough, played the next two shots well for a bogey. Par, bogey, par (hit the stick on my chip), bogey (tough luck), double (stupidity), bogey and par. Lots of room for improvement, but the thing that I am happy with right now is my ability to scrape together decent rounds even when I don't have everything working for me. I am working on dialing in my driver and that is costing me. Last week the round that I shot 77, I only used it 3 times during the 18 holes. If I can get the Fit dialed in, it is the longest driver that I personally have ever played by about 5-8 yards. I just need to figure out how to keep it in play and my scores should drop to where they were last fall. My irons continue to be a strength of my game, which is nice because they only have 27 holes under their belt. I need to spend some time on the range bombing my driver to figure it out and will continue to work on the pace of my putting.

I'm really hoping that if I can finish this job in the next two hours that I can go play 18 here today.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Positives about my game: I am hitting more FIR's than I ever have. My irons are stronger than they have ever been. My putting finally came around.

My wedges could be a little better, but they are not bad. I am trending upward for the MC!!!

There is a possibility that my prep next weekend will consist of 18 at Quail Hollow

I am very jealous!!!

Probably won't happen but it was floated to me at work. I said heck yes. I also asked if we could host 75 of my closest buddies. He gave me a dirty look

Probably won't happen but it was floated to me at work. I said heck yes. I also asked if we could host 75 of my closest buddies. He gave me a dirty look

haha. I can see you asking that. We do need to go play tot hill soon or Tobacco Road. Let's make that happen.

I had a strugglesville of a round. I hit some quality golf shots and caught some doodoo breaks. Shot a 47 and a 41. Not happy with that round.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I had a strugglesville of a round. I hit some quality golf shots and caught some doodoo breaks. Shot a 47 and a 41. Not happy with that round.

I hate those rounds man. You did turn it around on the back though a bit, but the 1T I know would have shot even par on the back haha.

I'm on Injured Reserve until at least Tuesday. Tendinitis in my left elbow and I aggravated it today. I shouldn't have played because it hurt anyway, but I just got the Razr X's in yesterday. Just going to take it easy until the pain is gone.

I was hitting them soooo well today too, until the fateful swings. Ouch.

:doh:
"get well, get well soon"

I hate those rounds man. You did turn it around on the back though a bit, but the 1T I know would have shot even par on the back haha.

Haha...i tried to buddy. I struck the ball very well. So i am not complaining. 18 green is very steep downhill from back to front. Pin is way back. I take 1 club too much, choke down and hit it right at the pin. Hits on the back and somehow stays....what????? I couldnt believe it. I barely touched my putt and it runs past the hole. Those were my breaks today

Haha...i tried to buddy. I struck the ball very well. So i am not complaining. 18 green is very steep downhill from back to front. Pin is way back. I take 1 club too much, choke down and hit it right at the pin. Hits on the back and somehow stays....what????? I couldnt believe it. I barely touched my putt and it runs past the hole. Those were my breaks today

What the crap man? You deserved better than that. Don't play the lottery today.

That beats Cookie or Shank0 by 5 strokes easy. :alien:

Good point!

Now you are just being ridiculous. It would beat you behind a slow player though.

Posting from my POS Atrix so please excuse my horrid typing mistakles

Wel today is my first competitive round of the year. I have mentioned it here before and in the Callaway thread, but I signed up for the match play tourney at my course. This afternoon at 3 is my first match. I'm feeling confident about my game right now, I hit the ball well during my couple of range sessions earlier this week, and yesterday I walked 9 and played very well. Gonna have to bring my A-game today to compete with a very good golfer, but playing with better golfers usually brings out the best in me. (With the exception of my round with tadashi and jb in Florida haha). Anyhow, maybe I'll post a few midround updates later. For now I've got some work to do and then its off to the course!

Wel today is my first competitive round of the year. I have mentioned it here before and in the Callaway thread, but I signed up for the match play tourney at my course. This afternoon at 3 is my first match. I'm feeling confident about my game right now, I hit the ball well during my couple of range sessions earlier this week, and yesterday I walked 9 and played very well. Gonna have to bring my A-game today to compete with a very good golfer, but playing with better golfers usually brings out the best in me. (With the exception of my round with tadashi and jb in Florida haha). Anyhow, maybe I'll post a few midround updates later. For now I've got some work to do and then its off to the course!

Good luck today man!!

Oh and did I mention its going to be 95 degrees? Hot match play day, I don't know what else could be better MC prep.

Good luck INgolfer. Sounds like some seriously good prep.

I got a round in this morning and I am very happy with the way I am attacking the course. I am doing a much better job of making sure the approach shot puts me in postion to 1-putt or if I miss it leaves my with a chip that I can put close. No three jacks for me today! If only I could find the fairway off the tee. It feels like I need to take something off in order to get it in the middle. If I go for it my tempo gets to quick and I push it bad.

Back