Music on the course or no?

Always have my jbl charge 2 in the bag, so yeah, I'm a fan so long as it doesn't get too loud, usually stream Pandora

i'll usually always throw on some music when playing unless i'm really trying to focus on a specific part of my game. otherwise its all up to my playing partners as im pretty indifferent to whats playing

Competitive round, no...casual round, you bet!

Not a fan personally and if people are responsible it doesn't bother me. I like the natural sounds of the course environment and peace from a life where just about everyone is doing something electronic to distract them from whatever it is they are doing.

Hell yes. Music makes it even more enjoyable.

My entire HS teams are allowed to practice with Bluetooth speakers I believe in it so much. They’re also very cognizant of others on the course and noise levels.

Neither I nor any of the guys in the normal group are going to have it playing. But if someone wants music, I don't have a problem with it at a discrete volume.

No thanks. It's a breach of the peace and tranquility. I love music but not on the golf course. I've been assaulted by it at the local course and it is obnoxious and done without any consideration of others... by self absorbed drunken mental midgets. :ROFLMAO:

... I used to felt this way because I live in the Chicago suburbs and there was enough hustle and bustle in my daily life so I appreciate the peace and quiet of a golf course. But I have changed because playing and walking by myself I found music at a low level was a comforting companion. When I play with others in a cart while I am walking I will play music at a low level after asking my partners if they mind music at a low level. But if I am playing with other walkers, I don't play music. I also think how often you play makes a difference. I am semi retired and play 250+ rounds a year. If I were playing once a week he peace and quiet of the course would mean much more than when I play almost every day.

No thanks. I've been a musician nearly my entire life, but there are times when I find it a distraction; 1) While riding my motorcycle, and 2) while on the golf course.

Big fan of music on the course. I feel like it makes it less stressful and more fun...as long as it’s not too loud.

I don't mind it if someone I'm playing with has music going while on the course. Just don't like blasting especially when I'm swinging.

... I used to felt this way because I live in the Chicago suburbs and there was enough hustle and bustle in my daily life so I appreciate the peace and quiet of a golf course. But I have changed because playing and walking by myself I found music at a low level was a comforting companion. When I play with others in a cart while I am walking I will play music at a low level after asking my partners if they mind music at a low level. But if I am playing with other walkers, I don't play music. I also think how often you play makes a difference. I am semi retired and play 250+ rounds a year. If I were playing once a week he peace and quiet of the course would mean much more than when I play almost every day.

I've seen too much of the out of control version for my liking. If it is very discreet, it would probably be ok, especially if the music is soothing and calming.

I cool with just about anything.

I have a Harmon Kardon Esquire mini in my bag which if I'm with my regular foursome is always playing my personal Spotify golf playlist. Now if I were playing with my dad.....There is no way I would have music playing.

It’s just not the done thing in UK to play music or be generally loud on the course. Not sure why you’d want to play music as I’d rather be sociable with my playing partners.

I've seen too much of the out of control version for my liking. If it is very discreet, it would probably be ok, especially if the music is soothing and calming.

... I have heard music that is quite annoying because it is played soooooo loud. One of the problems I see with music is art is extremely objective. I am a child of the 70' and a DJ in the 70's moving from a small town in NC to bigger and bigger markets until I reached Chicago. I love Classic Rock and find it very soothing on the course, thankfully most of the people I play with also love Classic Rock. But I certainly don't want to hear Rap or Country when I am playing, or more accurately walking with my cart as my music is never audible on the tee or the green, just walking right beside the speaker on my remote cart. That said I have had others ask me to turn it up and I have no problem with that either.

... I always ask if playing music and is Classic Rock OK on the first tee with strangers, something I do 90% of the time. Occasionally I have had someone say "I prefer no music but it's OK with me if you play it". I just turn it off and appreciate someone letting me know their preference in such a polite manner. I changed my opinion on music this past winter as I met a playing partner out in Phoenix that liked to play music at a low level on his push cart and I found I enjoyed it so I completely understand those that do not care for music on the course.

No music for me. When others are playing music on the course I find it to be annoying. I would rather enjoy good conversation with the other players and also enjoy the peace and quiet of being on the course.

Absolutely, love music on the course.

If my playing partners are into it, then yes. I really like it, especially in a tournament.

Music on the course is acceptable as long as it’s not top level volume

I can deal with it as long as it's not too loud and as long as it's actually music and not just some idiot spewing obscenities to a beat.

OK with me. I play it myself quite often, usually when I go out solo.

I always seem to play better with music in the background. Not loud to bother others or anything.

As long as it isn't loud country music play away

Back