Music on the course or no?

Competitive round, no...casual round, you bet!
I always just assume we are talking about casual rounds when this question is asked.

I like music on the course but if it bothers anyone in my group, I have no problem with turning it off.
Other's music doesn't bother me at all.

Music on the course is acceptable as long as it’s not top level volume
What you don’t like the 5 piece rock band on the course? I kid of course.

I know one guy who think his customized golf cart with 12” subwoofers are made for the course. Me not so much.

I have a Harmon Kardon Esquire mini in my bag which if I'm with my regular foursome is always playing my personal Spotify golf playlist. Now if I were playing with my dad.....There is no way I would have music playing.
I played with an old retired railroad guy at our course and he thought it was dumb, but when we played I asked if he cared and he said as long as it's country, the old real country. And he liked it, said it was different. I don't think he listens when he plays with his friends, but I bet he would say anything if they did, as long as it was real country!

Maybe you try to play what he listens to?

If I remember my speaker I will play music on the course. Granted I will make sure that it can't be heard more than 5-6 feet from the cart so as not to bother other players.

Personally not a fan of the idea, but it isn't something we tend to get here in the UK where I have played

I enjoy some music on the course. Casual, tourney, it doesn't matter - give me some tunes!

The few times I've been around it, I was OK with it. The music man was playing stuff I like at a reasonable level though.

Some music I would take exception to, at any sound level.

I can see where, one day, music is going to cause a problem of a golf course somewhere.

I always just assume we are talking about casual rounds when this question is asked.
Competitive doesn't have to be a tournament.

On the golf course the only music worth hearing is the sweet sound of a well struck shot.

No thanks. It's a breach of the peace and tranquility. I love music but not on the golf course. I've been assaulted by it at the local course and it is obnoxious and done without any consideration of others. :ROFLMAO:

TELL IT !

On the golf course the only music worth hearing is the sweet sound of a well struck shot.
It’s funny, even with music, I can still hear that.

Wild. ;)

For those who care, on the course, listening to music is a violation of the Rules of Golf :

Rule 14-3a states that a player may not use any artificial device or unusual equipment that “might assist him making a stroke or in his play.” Listening to music or a broadcast while making a stroke or for a prolonged period might assist the player in his play, for example, by eliminating distractions or promoting a good tempo. Therefore, the use of an artificial device to listen to music or a broadcast, whether or not through headphones, while making a stroke or for a prolonged period of time during a stipulated round is a breach of Rule 14-3. However, it would not be a breach of Rule 14-3 for a player to listen to a device briefly, for example, to obtain the results of another sporting event or traffic information, while walking between the putting green of one hole and the teeing ground of another hole.

Just got deep in here. ?

We played yesterday and had a fun round not listening to music until hole 13. Didn’t change the conversation at all just added another dimension to the round.

For those who care, on the course, listening to music is a violation of the Rules of Golf :

Rule 14-3a states that a player may not use any artificial device or unusual equipment that “might assist him making a stroke or in his play.” Listening to music or a broadcast while making a stroke or for a prolonged period might assist the player in his play, for example, by eliminating distractions or promoting a good tempo. Therefore, the use of an artificial device to listen to music or a broadcast, whether or not through headphones, while making a stroke or for a prolonged period of time during a stipulated round is a breach of Rule 14-3. However, it would not be a breach of Rule 14-3 for a player to listen to a device briefly, for example, to obtain the results of another sporting event or traffic information, while walking between the putting green of one hole and the teeing ground of another hole.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahhahahahahhahahahaha

Hahahhahaa

Ha.

Gangsta Rap for me with lots of subwoofer. All the other playas on the course love it.

That was how I rolled for a while, but my clock and gold chains got in the way of my golf swing......

;)

That was how I rolled for a while, but my clock and gold chains got in the way of my golf swing......

;)

Hahaha I laughed out loud at this.

;)
Same here. But that doesn't stop me from loading my golf bag up with lots of bling and putting gold rims on my push cart.

The upside to listening to Bavarian jams on the golf courses that no one gives a second look when you're wearing lederhosen.

I dont listen to music on the course and I dont really mind as long as its kept at a low volume. The only problem I have with it is when someone is on the next hole over and you can hear the blaring their music.

I have no problem with music on the course, unless it’s @Qwkz51 Scandinavian Death Metal!

Back