This is our new stage set up, we bought an isopack II for the drums, it makes mixing really easy for when we have house restraints

8130941802_86202cee16.jpg

8130951818_5b848ca912.jpg

Great looking setup Satch!
I've never played behind one of those isolators.
I think I would feel "isolated" from the rest of the band. :act-up:

Checkered.....where in Washington are you?

Believe me it sucks. It gets hot and the drummer can't feel the house sound, but we use a personal mixer system from aviom which helps out. But then we can really bump the drums in the house now , we don't use it outside though lol

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

we've been sitting in a recording studio most of the day today working on a live cd-we're touching up some parts-everyone knows how it goes when we play live haha.

It's been tons of fun

I would like to say I do play my fair share of guitar, mostly acoustic. I play a lot of John Mayer. But when I do play electric, I tend to play Van Helen. I know. Weird.

I would like to say I do play my fair share of guitar, mostly acoustic. I play a lot of John Mayer. But when I do play electric, I tend to play Van Helen. I know. Weird.

A guy I hung out with once (Johnny Vogel-he plays lead guitar and is one of the music pastors at Gateway Church)-his best friend plays guitar for John Mayer

I love to play the guitar and bass, my dad was a guitarist in a band so he taught me how to play and he loves to play with me. :guitar: Keep real music alive guys!:rockon:

we've been sitting in a recording studio most of the day today working on a live cd-we're touching up some parts-everyone knows how it goes when we play live haha.

It's been tons of fun

That's awesome man, I love hanging in the studio there's just something about listening to your work in that atmosphere vs listening at home. Have fun! and post a link I'd like to hear some of your stuff.

That's awesome man, I love hanging in the studio there's just something about listening to your work in that atmosphere vs listening at home. Have fun! and post a link I'd like to hear some of your stuff.

Definitely, we'll see how it turns out haha it's
Nice to be able to edit those drunken solos- haha just kidding- but it sure is nice to touch up those mistakes or to add a rhythm guitar when our rhythm isnt doing his job

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

one of my friends made this of me, haha I thought it was awesome

not my power pose and the marshalls, and the Gibson signature headstock

553892_3493306821479_772967597_n.jpg

I'm up in Bellingham.

Satch, that is a sick setup man. So jealous!!!

I've played the piano my entire life - that's the extent of my ability as a musician.

That's pretty impressive SP, a lifetime of playing music is certainly a good thing.

So one of my Close friends is having a classy party at local winery for his daughter this weekend, I got together with him and a top class saxophone player last night, and we will be playing some jazz, it's going to be fantastic. I'll be playing my American jazz deluxe bass, haven't played the bass in like 5 years since I've been focusing on my guitars mostly, it's going to be exciting since this is the first time I've played in a month, and the first time I've played jazz for a party.

You know what they say about music and expression of oneself, and how music fixes all things lol, I'm hoping this will help me out, that's one thing I'm going to miss, my musical career, looks like that's over at the moment, and I'll be focusing more on my studies and play music as a hobby instead, it's gonna suck not having to direct, teach, and perform for a while but hey, it's alright at least I can focus on school now

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

It's been my lifelong dream to be able to play guitar. I've got a few hanging on the wall in my man cave but I'm terrible at best. I strum a good D, A, G but that is about it. If I could find someone local for lessons I'd sign up!

Lets see, there's violin, got to grade 8 Royal Conservatory, piano - you have to learn it to get to grade 8 on violin, a little trumpet in grade school and high school band and then music theory, history and harmony. Of course once you learn violin viola comes easy as does mandolin (tuning is the same as violin). The most difficult instrument to get the hang of is the harpsichord as it strikes the note when you release the key instead of when you press it like other keyed instruments.
Used to play with a group and we played a lot of early baroque stuff. Played a lot of weddings and a few receptions doing that.

guitar players or others who are musically inclined?

I play guitar (lefty, of course), and used to play piano... Anyone else on here?

I play drums. Been at it for about 5 years now but haven't had as much time lately with my job and golf of course

I play guitar, bass, flute, and just took up piano. Guitar 3 years. Flute I would say 3 months.

I can play a little banjo.

Bought a ukulele over a year ago but have yet to play 1 full song -__-
I think I'm going to break it out today!

I have been playing guitar for 15 years, I currently own several Gibson les Pauls, Marshall and blackstar amps.

I have a ton of pictures in the musicians thread

I'm a very, very amateur cellist.

I know it sounds like I have way too many hobbies but truth be told I am a musician before anything else. Picked up an old ludwig kit out of a garage sale around age 5 and have been drumming for 22 years now. Went to UNT on music scholarship and played on the drumline for 2 years before changing majors. Slowly over the years I've added guitar, bass, piano, and countless percussive instruments that I learned to play in college. Below is was our living room in college as it was a house shared by 4 music students.

39193_829235333820_4215435_n.jpg

Here are several pictures of my stuff, first is a drum isolation kit we bought and traveled around with (note my Les Paul)

upabumy7.jpg

e2ujesem.jpg

zy5e5a8u.jpg

zubymave.jpg

9a4uzuqy.jpg

My mistress, Gibson les Paul traditional
a4e4ena8.jpg

zuse2aze.jpg

Back