My custom Low Tide Putter project

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
It's something I have been wanting to do for a while now. Clubs come and go for me (like most of us) but I wanted something custom and personal that I can always have with me. I have been doing alot of research and for the price and quality, I dont think Low Tide Putters (www.LowTidePutters.com) can be beat. I filled out the online form looking for custom pricing and ideas yesterday and received a call last night from Josh from Low Tide Putters. Chatted for about 15-20 minutes. Super nice and down to earth and willing to answer any and all questions I have had. I initiated the process this morning and this will serve as a thread where I can catalog the process. I have decided on the Rip Curl in Abyss finish. Going to be doing some custom engraving and paintfill. Here is a sample of what it will look like (minus the paintfill and engraving being different)

10403518_702307296519680_6941268841441860147_n.jpg

Lead time is around 6 weeks but I am sure I will have plenty to post about. If anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer them as well. Thanks and I look forward to this process that I have been dreaming about for a while.

Neat. I never even thought about a custom putter like that. I cannot wait to see the final product 6 weeks from now.

Nice Ricky!

Although I must say that I don't recommend the one in the pic for you.

I've seen you putt. This is not a good match for you.

That putter is for right handed golfers and you are a lefty.

#youarewelcome
#CaptainObvious

Josh and those guys are awesome. They did a lh copper fin for me last year and I love it. Great company to work with.

Nice Ricky! Sweet little design build project

Ricky I never knew you had a passion for custom putters. Looking forward to the finished product.

This is a nice reward for your awesome work.

Love it! They have some great looking stuff. Are you going with the salty grip?

I've been eyeballing them for a long while now. I can definitely see doing one of these down the line. Keep us posted!

wow, that is pretty nice. Will have to check the site out.

Dev you know my thoughts on this. Too freaking cool and you deserve this man. It is going to be awesome

Last edited:
Nice dude. Love the look of their stuff. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Congrats on the decision to go the custom putter route. Look forward to following along with the progress. I have been on their site many times and they do have some beautiful putters.

Really like that putter. Excited to see how it comes out.

I think eventually I will be getting a custom putter as well. And these guys were in the list to look at.

Very nice Mr. Ricky! The LowTide stuff has an amazing look to it.

Really looking forward to pics when it is all finished!

Beautiful putter! Cannot wait to see the final results, Ricky!

If they had a heel shafted (#9 style) I would be all over one. Love their work.

You learning to putt righty?

If they had a heel shafted (#9 style) I would be all over one. Love their work.

You learning to putt righty?

They make all of their putters in LH. Coincidentally enough, the head shape I picked, they have never made in LH so they are pretty excited to add it to their portfolio.

Ok so now I need some input. One of the things I really wanted to do was put my daughters name on their somewhere. After talking to Josh we both think putting her name in script on the sole is the best way to do this. I have a few fonts I have been looking at but I will bring it to you guys for some help. Let me know which one you think will look the best.

AnabelleFont_zps60361979.png

I'm say #2

4. It looks fancy

I would jump on font 4.

Back