Fairways: 8/14

GIR: 4

3-Putts: 2

# of drops = penalty = lost balls: N/A

Score: 48/44 = 92

No of Par(s): 4

Ball: TaylorMade Burner LDP

Last edited:
Played the new Q-Star in the pouring rain on Thursday and had an awful round. I managed to shoot a 95 in the bad conditions. In retrospect it makes me feel good when I played poorly and shot a 95 when a year ago a 95 would have been something I would have been jumping with joy over. I had a really great day with the irons besides two poor shots. Every Iron I hit today was sticking and it seemed like I could do no wrong. The only problem was the ground was so soft that the leading edge of my irons was digging in so much that I know I lost distance on a bunch of shots. My putting was slightly better than average but my driving was still what held me back.

The course I played was a short par 70 with a bunch of 350-400yd par 4's. But the course was very challenging because the fairways were very tight with heavily deep tree lines. Needless to say I hanging out with the squirrells especially after my drives.

Played the new Q-Star in the pouring rain on Thursday and had an awful round. I managed to shoot a 95 in the bad conditions. In retrospect it makes me feel good when I played poorly and shot a 95 when a year ago a 95 would have been something I would have been jumping with joy over. I had a really great day with the irons besides two poor shots. Every Iron I hit today was sticking and it seemed like I could do no wrong. The only problem was the ground was so soft that the leading edge of my irons was digging in so much that I know I lost distance on a bunch of shots. My putting was slightly better than average but my driving was still what held me back.

The course I played was a short par 70 with a bunch of 350-400yd par 4's. But the course was very challenging because the fairways were very tight with heavily deep tree lines. Needless to say I hanging out with the squirrells especially after my drives.
95 is not so bad. there's gonna be those days when you think you're doing so bad but when you add up the score card, it's average. I've really tried to stick to the every hole is a Par 5 mentality. all I have to worry about is keeping the score on every hole as close to 5. really takes the pressure out. I know if I score a few 4's, I'm on track to break into the 80's. it has only happened once but I'm hoping it'll happen more often next season.

95 is not so bad. there's gonna be those days when you think you're doing so bad but when you add up the score card, it's average. I've really tried to stick to the every hole is a Par 5 mentality. all I have to worry about is keeping the score on every hole as close to 5. really takes the pressure out. I know if I score a few 4's, I'm on track to break into the 80's. it has only happened once but I'm hoping it'll happen more often next season.

That's really a great way to look at it. I've been looking at it from the +1 mentality where I add a 1 to every hole and try to play bogey golf. I'll have to try and made every hole a 5, that might take some of the pressure off me, especially on those par 4's.

That's really a great way to look at it. I've been looking at it from the +1 mentality where I add a 1 to every hole and try to play bogey golf. I'll have to try and made every hole a 5, that might take some of the pressure off me, especially on those par 4's.
yes, it does help me mentally on every hole I play. I normally do good with Par 5's so if I do well on a few Par 3's and Par 4's, I'm on my way to shooting low 90's and maybe dip into high 80's.

09-20-2011

Metamora Golf & C.C. (Metamora, MI)

Blue Tees (6363 yards -- 18 holes) Course Rating: 71.8/136 -- Par 72

Fairways: 6/14

GIR: 1

3-Putts: 4

# of drops = penalty = lost balls: N/A

Score: 53/48 = 101

No of Par(s): 3

Ball: TaylorMade Burner LDP
for 3 holes, then Bridgestone E5 the rest of the round

quick update....

I ended up taking 1st place on our league that had 22 golfers. not too bad considering this was my first league. I've established my handicap for next year (20 handicap). I'm looking forward to defending the title next year.

played a few more rounds since our Championship. and on Monday, I shot my best round. here are the stats. not as hard of a course than our league play but still. last year, I broke 90 for the first time on this course but we were playing the White tee's. so to beat my best round by 6 shots and shoot on the Blue tee's, I'm pretty happy. I also drop a few shots by being careless so really, I could have gotten a few more strokes off. I'm very happy to shoot a 83 though. :)

10-10-2011

Plumbrook Golf Club (Sterling Heights, MI)

Blue Tees (6273 yards -- 18 holes) Course Rating: 68.8/123 -- Par 71

GIR: 8

3-Putts: 3

# of drops = penalty = lost balls: 1 Pink B-330 RX

Score: 41/42 = 83

No of Par(s): 7

Ball:
Pink Bridgestone B-330 RX

quick update....

I ended up taking 1st place on our league that had 22 golfers. not too bad considering this was my first league. I've established my handicap for next year (20 handicap). I'm looking forward to defending the title next year.

played a few more rounds since our Championship. and on Monday, I shot my best round. here are the stats. not as hard of a course than our league play but still. last year, I broke 90 for the first time on this course but we were playing the White tee's. so to beat my best round by 6 shots and shoot on the Blue tee's, I'm pretty happy. I also drop a few shots by being careless so really, I could have gotten a few more strokes off. I'm very happy to shoot a 83 though. :)

10-10-2011

GIR: 8

Score: 41/42 = 83

No of Par(s): 7

Ball:

wow 83!! What an awesome round, congrats!

wow 83!! What an awesome round, congrats!
Thank you. I knew I was doing good as I didn't have too many double bogeys and most were Pars and bogeys. I was surprised when I added up the score. it was a great feeling.

I actually backed up the 83 round with an 89 yesterday at the same course. I'll post the stats later on. oh yeah, it was raining and mid 50's the whole round. probably could have done better but 89 is still a good score for me. 2nd 80's in a row. :)

Thank you. I knew I was doing good as I didn't have too many double bogeys and most were Pars and bogeys. I was surprised when I added up the score. it was a great feeling.

I actually backed up the 83 round with an 89 yesterday at the same course. I'll post the stats later on. oh yeah, it was raining and mid 50's the whole round. probably could have done better but 89 is still a good score for me. 2nd 80's in a row. :)

not bad at all...congrats!

not bad at all...congrats!
Thanks again. :D

10-12-2011 --- RAIN, RAIN, and more RAIN!!!

GIR: 4

3-Putts: 1

Score: 41/48 = 89

No of Par(s): 5

Ball:

Last edited:
10-16-2011

Glacier Club (Washington Twp, MI)

Blue Tees (6304 yards -- 18 holes) Course Rating: 70.6/129 -- Par 72

GIR: 5

# of drops = penalty = lost balls: 1

Score: 45/47 = 92

No of Par(s): 1

No of Birdie(s): 1

Ball:
Front 9: Bridgestone e5; Back 9: Srixon QStar

Where did everyone go?

Where did everyone go?

Have not checked into this thread lately, but there doesn't seem to be much activity here. Oh well, I was going to add that even though this was only my second round of the year, I shot a career best 94 last week. I was "Fiving" the course to death. I shot a 44 on the front 9 and I guess I got too excited thinking about breaking 90 and finished with a 94. Oh well, I will be back out there next week using the every hole is a par 5 technique again.

Wow! It's been a while. I'll post some rounds I played a few weeks ago. Finally was anle to tee it up when we vaca in TX. Played 5 full rounds in 7 full days of stay. Lemme tell yah that whoever is able to play at The Palmer course in La Cantera (San Antonio), it was such an awesome course.

League starts tomorrow. Yay!!

Back