Myrtle Beach Trip Planning

FrancisD

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences with booking a Myrtle Beach trip? Good companies to use, ones to avoid, etc.

I like using the banner above and contacting my favorite 2 courses in the area. True Blue and Caledonia.
Full Disclosure we do not get paid anything whether you click the banner or not. I just happen to think they offer the best of the area and have played most.

I like using the banner above and contacting my favorite 2 courses in the area. True Blue and Caledonia.
Full Disclosure we do not get paid anything whether you click the banner or not. I just happen to think they offer the best of the area and have played most.

Thanks, never noticed that ad before...

Look into the Legends Courses and their packages. 3 courses at one spot plus Oyster Bay and Heritage Plantation down the road. Want to say we use myrtle beach golf masters.

Look into the Legends Courses and their packages. 3 courses at one spot plus Oyster Bay and Heritage Plantation down the road. Want to say we use myrtle beach golf masters.

You can book condos directly with The Legends, I have been there 3 or 4 times. Breakfast and lunch are provided for all golfers each day rounds are scheduled. This is a good choice.

My group has used the Myrtle Beach Golf Desk the past few years. Thistle is always on our list.

I will second TB and Caledonia and I enjoyed Long Bay many years ago.

JM

You can book condos directly with The Legends, I have been there 3 or 4 times. Breakfast and lunch are provided for all golfers each day rounds are scheduled. This is a good choice.

Both times I have played there we had condo as part of the package. Once was through MB golf masters and we stayed in one of their places and the second time went right through Legends and stayed in a condo on the beach

I will second TB and Caledonia and I enjoyed Long Bay many years ago.

JM

It is quite a long drive from TB to Long Bay, I played Long Bay again in 2013 for about the 5th time, it is a good choice too. I have as yet to get on True Blue or Caledonia, maybe this year.
fingerscrossed.gif

You can't go wrong with either the Legends courses or True Blue and Caledonia. I absolutely love both. If you stay at the Legends you get breakfast and lunch and 2 free drinks included, and they have a great range and a huge putting green

Good rentals can be had at Ocean Lakes which is towards Surfside. Lots of courses within easy access of the place too.

My parents have a condo in Kingston Plantation up in North Myrtle and I tend to alway gravitate towards any of the Barefoot Courses. I little up north is The Thistle which is phenominal. Also a really fun course is Farmstead up north. They have a par 6 that plays over 700 yards and plays in both NC and SC

Good rentals can be had at Ocean Lakes which is towards Surfside. Lots of courses within easy access of the place too.

Love Ocean Lakes. Always liked the little snack bar and driving around in the golf carts. I love going there in sept and seeing the bluegrass festival. Anyways as for the golf there are some great courses south as well. Take a look at Prestwick, you wont regret it

Caledonia vacations is fantastic, Barefoot resort is fantastic, I think Grand Dunes has rentals and packages, and Sea Trail has good packages too.

Love Ocean Lakes. Always liked the little snack bar and driving around in the golf carts. I love going there in sept and seeing the bluegrass festival. Anyways as for the golf there are some great courses south as well. Take a look at Prestwick, you wont regret it
Prestwick steals my lunch several times a year!

Caledonia vacations is fantastic, Barefoot resort is fantastic, I think Grand Dunes has rentals and packages, and Sea Trail has good packages too.

My thoughts are if I am going to Myrtle Beach, I am definitely playing Caledonia and True Blue. Such incredible courses.

Myrtle Beach Trip Planning

My parents have a condo in Kingston Plantation up in North Myrtle and I tend to alway gravitate towards any of the Barefoot Courses. I little up north is The Thistle which is phenominal. Also a really fun course is Farmstead up north. They have a par 6 that plays over 700 yards and plays in both NC and SC

My memory and/or geography could be off, but I stayed at KP a few years back and thought it was well south of MB, near Willbrook maybe.

Either way it was a very nice resort.

My thoughts are if I am going to Myrtle Beach, I am definitely playing Caledonia and True Blue. Such incredible courses.

They really are dude Caledonia is by far one of the best courses I've played and True Blue is th e best competition course I've played. Two must plays.

I have used Myrtle Beach Golf Holidays to book everything.All we had to do was show up.

True Blue and Caledonia are the cream of the crop for sure.

I really enjoyed the Barefoot courses as well. I second Farmstead up North and River's Edge has their greens back.

In terms of booking, I used Ambassador Golf and Dave K, he was great.

I second this

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but last week, I found out I'm going to Pawley's Island to play in the #THPLegacy. My wife and I will be staying at True Blue during the #THPLegacy, but we plan to stay a couple of extra days as well. We literally know nothing about the area. We would like to be somewhere that is ocean front those couple of extra days that we stay. Anyone have any recommendations for ocean front hotels in the Myrtle Beach general area?

~Rock

My memory and/or geography could be off, but I stayed at KP a few years back and thought it was well south of MB, near Willbrook maybe.

Either way it was a very nice resort.

Off just a tad. I stayed for a long weekend this November with friends. From KP it took 5 minutes to get to Broadway the Beach

I took a group of anywhere from 20 to 32 guys to Myrtle for 10 years. Now I still go with the group, but, let someone else coordinate the trip. Many of the hotels and even some of the courses will make the arrangements for you and find you the best rates for the courses you want. The Legends, for instance, will book courses for you other than their own. I used their condos and their booking service for a few years and sometimes didn't even play there. Ocean Reef hotel did our booking for several years and is centrally located on the beach. Best advice I can give is don't assume you'll get the same rates from all sites. One of the reasons I switched from Ocean Reef to The Legends was that the latter gave me much better prices at the courses I wanted to play. Another year, Ocean Reef was cheaper. I'm talking actual greens fee for the package, not accommodations. They were about the same. It takes a little work, but shop for the best deal. That can be done on line for some of the locations. Hope this helps.

Anyone have any recommendations for ocean front hotels in the Myrtle Beach general area?
The wife and I did a semi-staycation once at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (3000 South Ocean Blvd). It's across the road from the beach, but it's a great resort and it's south MB and away from the really dense part of the strip. You could look into places like Dunes Village Resort which is very nice, but you'll be looking at close to $300/night.

Back