flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
We are less that 1 month away fromt he start of a new season with Kevin Harvick returning as Sprint Cup Champion.

Perhaps the biggest news story in the off season also broke today as Jeff Gordon has announced this will be his last full season behind the wheel of the #24 car.

Anyone going to a race this year? I'll be at Bristol in the fall at the Night Race.

Atlanta and Talladega for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone going to a race this year? I'll be at Bristol in the fall at the Night Race.
I get tickets to Loudon, NH every July. I've given them away the last few years, but I really think I'm going to try to go this year. I love people watching, and there are fewer places to see more interesting sights than a Nascar race.

I get tickets to Loudon, NH every July. I've given them away the last few years, but I really think I'm going to try to go this year. I love people watching, and there are fewer places to see more interesting sights than a Nascar race.
That's the track my boy Newman rules. Looking forward to this year. Hate seeing Carl go to JGR leaving RFR with Biffle basically, but is what it is. I don't think much will change this year except perennial powers don't choke during the chase format.

That's the track my boy Newman rules. Looking forward to this year. Hate seeing Carl go to JGR leaving RFR with Biffle basically, but is what it is. I don't think much will change this year except perennial powers don't choke during the chase format.
I think Brian Vickers won the last time I went. I don't recall Newman's record there, but it always seems a mid-level guy always wins when I'm there. I mean...I saw ​Daytona 500 Champion Ward Burton win there.

I think Brian Vickers won the last time I went. I don't recall Newman's record there, but it always seems a mid-level guy always wins when I'm there. I mean...I saw ​Daytona 500 Champion Ward Burton win there.
Funny, Newman won the 500 too. I think he has like 3 or 4 wins at Loudon.

planning to hit Dover and Richmond this year. Didn't get to any last year.

Hoping this is finally the year Dale Jr wins the championship.

I had just read the news about Gordon "retiring" at the end of this season. Never been my favorite driver, but without a doubt vital to the sport's escape from being a regional sport to a more national one.

I had just read the news about Gordon "retiring" at the end of this season. Never been my favorite driver, but without a doubt vital to the sport's escape from being a regional sport to a more national one.

I understand your comment regarding the expansion of NASCAR from regional to national. Being a Virginia good ole boy, I'm not sure that was a good thing. Much like the ACC, I always appreciated its southern flavor. Now both have abandoned their southern roots. When I was in high school, there was no Richmond International Raceway, it was the track at the fair grounds. The drivers actually raced stock cars. My buds and I would get a case of 3.2 beer and hang out at the motel where the drivers would stay. The drivers would join us on the parking lot and share our beer. Not going to happen now a days.

I remember the first time I took the wife to a race in Richmond. Rusty Wallace put Jeff Gordon into the wall and the place erupted. Most race fans from south of the M/D line are not Gordon fans. He has an accent and talks funny. My driver is Denny Hamlin, he's a Virginia boy, grew up in Chesterfield, just outside of Richmond.

I understand your comment regarding the expansion of NASCAR from regional to national. Being a Virginia good ole boy, I'm not sure that was a good thing. Much like the ACC, I always appreciated its southern flavor. Now both have abandoned their southern roots. When I was in high school, there was no Richmond International Raceway, it was the track at the fair grounds. The drivers actually raced stock cars. My buds and I would get a case of 3.2 beer and hang out at the motel where the drivers would stay. The drivers would join us on the parking lot and share our beer. Not going to happen now a days.

I remember the first time I took the wife to a race in Richmond. Rusty Wallace put Jeff Gordon into the wall and the place erupted. Most race fans from south of the M/D line are not Gordon fans. He has an accent and talks funny. My driver is Denny Hamlin, he's a Virginia boy, grew up in Chesterfield, just outside of Richmond.

While this might have been the case 10-15 years ago, you would be hard pressed to find a driver who gets more cheers during driver introductions on a week to week basis now.

While this might have been the case 10-15 years ago, you would be hard pressed to find a driver who gets more cheers during driver introductions on a week to week basis now.

You also would be hard pressed to find a driver that gets more cheers when he wrecks. He's definitely a polarizing character, people love him or love to hate him.

Yep, I find I must agree, but like I said, it ain't southern no more. I don't know, why can't somethings just be left alone.

Yep, I find I must agree, but like I said, it ain't southern no more. I don't know, why can't somethings just be left alone.
Because NASCAR had bigger plans and didn't want to be a fly by night enterprise? If it had remained "regional" and relegated to "good ol boys" it'd be dead now. Welcome to the 21st century along with the rest of us.

Because NASCAR had bigger plans and didn't want to be a fly by night enterprise? If it had remained "regional" and relegated to "good ol boys" it'd be dead now. Welcome to the 21st century along with the rest of us.

In a sense golf has done the exact same thing and people dont complain about it. Was delegated to Country Clubs, Izod wearers and upper class and thanks to Tiger and a few others it has spread.

I can't be your friend unless you take me:D
Always wanted to go there, just have not made the time.

You've got to go man. Hands down my favorite venue. It's not just a race, it's an experience.

Maybe, just maybe, if Jeff's not in the Chase this year, he'll just spend the last ten races chasing down Kyle Busch and Kesolowsi and putting them in walls.

I can dream.

The last Nascar type race I saw, was when Uncle Ben was hauling arse with a load of stump liquor trying to outrun the revenue officer.

The last Nascar type race I saw, was when Uncle Ben was hauling arse with a load of stump liquor trying to outrun the revenue officer.

Ah..... The good ole days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale Earnhardt Jr. was on Mike & Kelly's show this morning. I love that dude and he even talks like me :thumb:

I'm a huge Dale Jr fan but with Gordon semi retiring after this year I would love to see him win the chase.

I'm a big nascar guy. Also a big Jeff Gordon fan. He's been my favorite driver since I got into NASCAR in 95. I'll be sad to see him go but I'm glad Chase Elliot is taking over the car. I was glad to see Gordon get the pole today. I've been going to New Hampshire for the last 16 years. I usually go to the fall race with my buddies.

Been a Dale Jr fan from the beginning and was a fan of his dad.

Not it sure im a fan of the group qualifying.

Back