Jamie McMurray is coming back out to Cessna. They're going to setup a lil track & in a specialty car, (of his ride) he's going to take 3 employees at a time for a ride. 72 total. Him & JR. have been out here before.

Last edited:
I tried to watch the race just now, I don't think I made it 5 laps. I used to love NASCAR but I just can't get into it at all anymore.

I tried to watch the race just now, I don't think I made it 5 laps. I used to love NASCAR but I just can't get into it at all anymore.
I'm in the same boat about NASCAR but I'm forcing myself to watch it since Gordan will be retiring.

I'm really hoping Gordon can pull it out today. I've been a fan of his since 95. It's really sad to see him retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally a real wheel man wins the Cup.

Go Toyota!!

edit: This post is made in jest

Did I hear the "champion" missed 11 races this year? What a joke. They need to dump this stupid "playoff" crap. Go back to what worked for decades.

Did I hear the "champion" missed 11 races this year? What a joke. They need to dump this stupid "playoff" crap. Go back to what worked for decades.

Can't do that because someone like Kenseth may win again. You know finish top 5 like every race but never win and win the championship.

Can't do that because someone like Kenseth may win again. You know finish top 5 like every race but never win and win the championship.

I like this format to a certain extent. I don't think it's fair to crown a champion off of 1 race. While I like the idea of rounds, I think they need more races in the last round to figure out who the champ is.

Bummed Gordon couldn't pull it out.

Ditto. The guy is a hall of famer and by all accounts a very generous person off the track. One of the last great drivers from the previous generation.

#24Ever

Why does someone have to "win" to be a champion. Shouldn't it be about consistency? Or was that what made nascar not cool and they had to change to brig more fans in?

Why does someone have to "win" to be a champion. Shouldn't it be about consistency? Or was that what made nascar not cool and they had to change to brig more fans in?

The point is to win races, if you aren't doing that you aren't the best in my mind

Nascar 2015

The point is to win races, if you aren't doing that you aren't the best in my mind

But to be a champion it means your run the best the entire year. Anyone can win a fluke race once in a while. Or a guy like almirola gets in the chase because he wins a road course race. Those are the people who shouldn't win a championship or get in the chase.

But to be a champion it means your run the best the entire year. Anyone can win a fluke race once in a while. Or a guy like almirola gets in the chase because he wins a road course race. Those are the people who shouldn't win a championship or get in the chase.

Who has won a championship based on a fluke?

Who has won a championship based on a fluke?

No one has won a championship but guys have got into the chase that really don't deserve it. I'm just saying that if you base everything off wins, sometimes the best team doesn't win.

If they had kept the points format, Gordon would have won three more championships ... including the first year they switched IIRC.

Whatever they're doing they need to change it the viewership and attendance is in the toilet.

I can't even watch a race for 15 minutes anymore.

No one has won a championship but guys have got into the chase that really don't deserve it. I'm just saying that if you base everything off wins, sometimes the best team doesn't win.

I think undeserving guys getting in to the chase is a better outcome than someone winning a championship without winning a race.

I always said 1st should get twice as many points as 2nd. And no points should be awarded to 11th and behind. Award winning and competing, not driving around for hours without taking risks

I get what NASCAR is trying to do but for me it's not working. Haven't watched many of the races the last two years. Not sure what they need to change but racing just isn't fun to watch anymore.

I went Saturday with my son to the eco-boost 300 and Xfinity series. The garage and pit passes. It was definitely much more entertaining to be at the race then to watch it on TV.

bb90102dabcf348fe632f6b23b38bfb6.jpg

236417f0ed5089519f385475b1659b70.jpg
99903aad0d71712f307bb9ee3517718f.jpg

https://vimeo.com/146643542

If they had kept the points format, Gordon would have won three more championships ... including the first year they switched IIRC.

I heard that stat as well. its sad, I wish he had the most of all time.

Also, the truck series and xfinity series had good championship battles with no chase involved. And, while i'm complaining about NASCAR, I wish they would get rid of some of the 1.5 mile tracks and bring back rockingham and north wilksboro, or go to Iowa or some other new tracks.

I get what NASCAR is trying to do but for me it's not working. Haven't watched many of the races the last two years. Not sure what they need to change but racing just isn't fun to watch anymore.

They are changing the rules package last year to make cars drive a little more like they used to. The problem is technolgy has made the competition so close that it has come down to aerodynamics instead of the best driver. PAssing is extremely hard.... Hopefully that changes next year

In any other sport does consitency win a championship or is it about winning when it matters most?

So if a QB for your team is out for the year does the rest of the team just sit on the sidelines??? The rest of his team still ran the races and he worked his Ass off to get back in time to even have a shot.

He ran 11 less races and still had the most wins in the series and made it in to the playoffs on points.

In 5 more years when Nascar is completely irrelevent, we'll see who was right. They took something that had no issue (i think alot of people felt this way) and changed it to be more 'exciting'. Yet the product is something alot wished were changed... It's hard to argue that the France's are destroying the sport...

Back