I was never a Nascar fan but while flipping channels tonight my son wanted to watch "fast cars zoom". So we decided to watch the race from Kansas. I have to say now I will be tuning in more I really liked the race and the excitment of it all. My son really like Dale Earnheart Jr's car with the "doctor" symbol on there. My sons like "that doctor is so fast wow dude" . He is a riot, kept saying he wants to drive one tomorrow. Ah innocence. What happened to that new kid forgot his name? he was in his first race they said ( he was in the yellow car with the M&M symbol on it) . He was passing everyone like mad. I plan on watching the next upcoming race for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was never a Nascar fan but while flipping channels tonight my son wanted to watch "fast cars zoom". So we decided to watch the race from Kansas. I have to say now I will be tuning in more I really liked the race and the excitment of it all. My son really like Dale Earnheart Jr's car with the "doctor" symbol on there. My sons like "that doctor is so fast wow dude" . He is a riot, kept saying he wants to drive one tomorrow. Ah innocence. What happened to that new kid forgot his name? he was in his first race they said ( he was in the yellow car with the M&M symbol on it) . He was passing everyone like mad. I plan on watching the next upcoming race for sure

That was Erik Jones filling in for the injured Kyle Busch. He wrecked around lap 200, got loose coming to the start finish right in front of JJ. Showed a darn good effort though before that, really impressive. Wonder who will get the yank for that kid at JGR.

That was Erik Jones filling in for the injured Kyle Busch. He wrecked around lap 200, got loose coming to the start finish right in front of JJ. Showed a darn good effort though before that, really impressive. Wonder who will get the yank for that kid at JGR.
Gotta be Denny. Just signed Carl and Kyle is signed for a bit I would think.

He was very impressive to watch for sure. I really liked all the different camera views. Another viewing is in order soon

Ratings for 'dega were down for 3rd year in a row and at 18 year lows. Ratings are down across the board as is attendance.

Both Jr. and Harvick have given opinions on changing the schedule and I agree with them but with TV and track deals and Nascar's stubbornness I don't see anything happening.

Love seeing this! If you really want to make a fan for life of him, find a way to make it to a race. This coming weekend is the All Star Race in Charlotte which is usually pretty entertaining

Love seeing this! If you really want to make a fan for life of him, find a way to make it to a race. This coming weekend is the All Star Race in Charlotte which is usually pretty entertaining

100% agree with this. Once you see a race in person you will be a fan for life.

Same with NHRA. Love the smell of Nitro in the evening.

The only way to really appreciate Nascar (and Hockey) is to go and see it yourself. And if you really want the ultimate experience, you MUST make a trip to Bristol and/or Talladega. Both will blow your mind.

The only way to really appreciate Nascar (and Hockey) is to go and see it yourself. And if you really want the ultimate experience, you MUST make a trip to Bristol and/or Talladega. Both will blow your mind.
Agree 100% on both. One of my bucket list items is to be able to be in the flagstand for a few laps after the start or restart at either Dega or Daytona. Can't imagine what that's like.

The All Star race is about to begin! :bomb: Great pre race show.

100% agree with this. Once you see a race in person you will be a fan for life.

I've always watched any kind of racing, but being there is even cooler. I've only been to the Dover fall races (boring!), but it's still great being there with some friends that I met randomly while golfing!

Contrary to what some may think, I believe Nascar is in serious trouble. The ratings are dropping like anchors from a ship and the attendance is atrocious.

Funny that all of a sudden Nascar is open and wants to talk to the drivers and get ideas. There's a little less "our way or the highway" attitude.

Contrary to what some may think, I believe Nascar is in serious trouble. The ratings are dropping like anchors from a ship and the attendance is atrocious.

Funny that all of a sudden Nascar is open and wants to talk to the drivers and get ideas. There's a little less "our way or the highway" attitude.
It's just boring to me. The restrictor plate races are still good, everything else has bored me to tears every time I turn it on. I used to really enjoy it, but between the new cars and chase I no longer can get interested.

Pocono was a good race to watch for once. Not to mention the Jersey boy closed the deal. Feel good win for a team that has been on point all year. Looking for better things now that the ice is broken.

Great race last night! Glad to see Jr. get another win.... I will say NASCAR dodged a major bullet last night from the last lap wreck. Thank God for safety innovation or we might be talking about the death of a driver and fans. I really wish there was something that could be done to help these cars from going airborne. As cool as wrecks might be at times, I've seen enough of the airborne variety

Great race last night! Glad to see Jr. get another win.... I will say NASCAR dodged a major bullet last night from the last lap wreck. Thank God for safety innovation or we might be talking about the death of a driver and fans. I really wish there was something that could be done to help these cars from going airborne. As cool as wrecks might be at times, I've seen enough of the airborne variety

Yea that was freaking scary! The fans were extremely fortunate that nothing worse happened and the car was totally destroyed. The engine was lying out on the track. :bulgy-eyes:

That was very scary...the technology they use today saved a lot of lives and/or serious injuries.

That was very scary...the technology they use today saved a lot of lives and/or serious injuries.

The catch fence did what it should have. It stopped the car in mere feet, which is the plan. Nascar needs to abandon the seats on the concourse and put a low barrier wall in front of the first row. If they had everyone would have walked home unscathed.

The real need is to quit the G-W-C on super speedways. Everyone can stick together and push for three laps and its just a giant wad of cars coming to the line with the guys in back shoving the guys in front. Its a recipe for disaster.
They need to stretch it to 5 or more laps to cut the pushing out and add a little space between cars. There were a bunch of times last night cars got squirrely with someone on their back left fender and with three lines someone is going get in the sucker hole like Hamlin did and either get loose or try to block and disaster follows.

Going to my first NASCAR event in two weeks at Dover. Can I bring in beer? Tickets say I can bring in a small cooler.

Going to my first NASCAR event in two weeks at Dover. Can I bring in beer? Tickets say I can bring in a small cooler.
I believe so. I used to go to Louden NH for the July race every year, and was always amazed what people brought in with their coolers. I'd check the track website maybe just to be sure.

I think you are good as long as it's not a rolling cooler. I was at Dover two years ago and saw all sizes of coolers but no rolling ones. I had a blast at the race there

HAve a blast! You should be good to go.... I would just check to see if you can bring just cans or if they have to be plastic/glass

Typically you can bring in cans of beer. No glass. I've been to probably 30 NASCAR races and never had a problem with aluminum cans. Usually you can bring in like a 14"x14"x14" cooler.

BTW, Dover is a great track to watch a race.

Back