Your statement is so true, except that I will quibble with the statement that LeBron can’t play defense. He is old now, but in his prime, he would lock down the other team’s best player, whether that player was 1 through 4. I don’t say that because I am a LeBron fan, either. I am not. I really hate how he invented the concept of purposefully creating super teams. It practically destroyed the ability of small markets ever to compete again for a championship. However, the dude is a monster specimen, physically, and it showed up on both sides of the floor until he was about 33 years of age.
LBJ can play strong defense just not as consistent Duncan Leonard Bryant Jordan

I freaking love, Giannis. He’s the perfect superstar for Milwaukee. I spent the last 15 years living there, and everyone I know who has encountered him has had just the nicest things to say about him.

I loved the Holiday trade. Not sure if it’s enough to get this team to the finals, but I know Giannis will give everything he’s got to get the Bucks there.

I freaking love, Giannis. He’s the perfect superstar for Milwaukee. I spent the last 15 years living there, and everyone I know who has encountered him has had just the nicest things to say about him.

I loved the Holiday trade. Not sure if it’s enough to get this team to the finals, but I know Giannis will give everything he’s got to get the Bucks there.
I really hope he signs an extension.

He is basically the million dollar question in the league right now. Does he stay or does he head off to form another super team.

That is great news for the team.

It’s nice to see that the small market teams still somewhat have a chance. Not a lot of loyalty out there though like Giannis has.

That would be so good for the league for a smaller market to keep a star of his magnitude. We’ll see what is more important to him: more money and continuing to try to bring Milwaukee a championship or less money to join or create the super team of his choice.

That is great news for the team.
Great news for the team, all small market franchises and, ultimately, the health of the league.

Great news for the team, all small market franchises and, ultimately, the health of the league.

I struggle so much with a league that cannot figure out the salary structure.
Here we have a salary cap at 109 million. Yet I am guessing, and it is a complete guess that 2/3 of the league are over that and some by as much as 40-50 million. What is the point of a salary cap?

I struggle so much with a league that cannot figure out the salary structure.
Here we have a salary cap at 109 million. Yet I am guessing, and it is a complete guess that 2/3 of the league are over that and some by as much as 40-50 million. What is the point of a salary cap?

hard cap is 30 million (138) more than the salary cap. Luxury Tax starts at 132. I do know where you are coming from though, many small market teams won’t even consider getting to the luxury tax which provides the large market teams essentially an extra 10-15 million to spend.

hard cap is 30 million (138) more than the salary cap. Luxury Tax starts at 132. I do know where you are coming from though, many small market teams won’t even consider getting to the luxury tax which provides the large market teams essentially an extra 10-15 million to spend.

Thats not a hard cap. Its still soft. If it was, there would not be teams well over it.

Thats not a hard cap. Its still soft. If it was, there would not be teams well over it.

Yeah the warriors are at 173 with “bird rights” and two ways and all the other BS that doesn’t actually count to the cap. Dumb rules lol

NBA cap is the most confusing thing ever.

Yeah the warriors are at 173 with “bird rights” and two ways and all the other BS that doesn’t actually count to the cap. Dumb

Its awful. Set a hard cap at 100 million and let the chips fall where they may.
Its not rocket science and I understand Bird rule was put in place to keep existing players with teams to build with, but it was done at a time when free agency, max contracts and every other exception didnt exist. I just looked it up. 2/3 of the league is over the 109 million cap. And the tax burden doesn't come until 30 million over that, which is also a joke.

The NFL’s is quite confusing also.
NFL is not that confusing. Basically guaranteed vs signing bonus that is spread over the length. That's simplifying it a bit but compared to NBA it is algebra versus a masters level calculus class.

Its awful. Set a hard cap at 100 million and let the chips fall where they may.
Its not rocket science and I understand Bird rule was put in place to keep existing players with teams to build with, but it was done at a time when free agency, max contracts and every other exception didnt exist. I just looked it up. 2/3 of the league is over the 109 million cap. And the tax burden doesn't come until 30 million over that, which is also a joke.

Yeah there can’t be a million different clauses and exceptions in a league where every top front office member has a law degree. Loophole madness

sadly it will never be reversed either I feel like because the players won’t ever give any money back during bargaining especially with social climates like they are today.

The NFL’s is quite confusing also.

But it is a hard number that teams cannot go over.
Yes they can prorate bonuses, but its a number that cannot be exceeded.

A hard cap would certainly spread the superstars out through the league, put an end to the super teams.

I'm hoping Hardin goes to the Nets for a couple of reasons.

One, to mess with the Lakers chances to repeat..

Two, to be there when Irving gets hurt. Yes, he will get hurt, and not be able to play some of this season.

Two, to be there when Irving gets hurt. Yes, he will get hurt, and not be able to play some of this season.
They certainly would become the all congeniality team. 😂

Just what the Nets need: three guys who want to be the man. If Harden couldn’t co-exist with Russ in Houston, how is he going to run with Kyrie as his backcourt mate.

Back