Agreed. I love Simmons as a writer personally - but once in a while he really drops a bomb and writes a great, informative piece.

Yep, the only thing about him is that his articles are always really long and you have to have the time to read them.

I miss the NBA. The Nets were going to be good this year!

Ummmmmmm, no.

Ummmmmmm, no.

Dude they would be like the best team in the league. D-Will to Lopez all day long. And Kris Humphries getting 'bounds?! And Anthony Morrow draining threes?! They rule, lol.

Dude they would be like the best team in the league. D-Will to Lopez all day long. And Kris Humphries getting 'bounds?! And Anthony Morrow draining threes?! They rule, lol.

You need to do less drugs. However they do have a very rich owner who wants to take them somewhere so they could be good again one day.

You need to do less drugs. However they do have a very rich owner who wants to take them somewhere so they could be good again one day.

You bet. Brooklyn here we come! Who's your team CB?

You bet. Brooklyn here we come! Who's your team CB?

My team got stolen out from under me and then moved to Memphis! I'm still pissed as I loved my Grizzlies and we supported them like crazy. Since they got taken from me I have gone back to the team I always loved when I was a kid and until we got the Griz, The NY Knickerbockers.

My team got stolen out from under me and then moved to Memphis! I'm still pissed as I loved my Grizzlies and we supported them like crazy. Since they got taken from me I have gone back to the team I always loved when I was a kid and until we got the Griz, The NY Knickerbockers.

Lame. They don't know what the word defense means. Their two best players actually might play anti-defense. They could use CP3 to help improve that a bit.

Lame. They don't know what the word defense means. Their two best players actually might play anti-defense. They could use CP3 to help improve that a bit.

They could you CP3, but every team in the league is going to be going after him once we have a league again. I think the best point guard in the league is Darren Williams thats who I would love. A pass first guard is what they need.

They could you CP3, but every team in the league is going to be going after him once we have a league again. I think the best point guard in the league is Darren Williams thats who I would love. A pass first guard is what they need.

True. But something makes me feel like he won't leave the Nets. And I bet the Knicks get CP3. And hopefully the Nets get Dwight Howard. That'd be beast.

I'm actually enjoying no NBA.

Been watching college games more than normal and it's refreshing to see X's and O's basketball.

THe thing about the lockout is, no matter how good a deal the players end up with, they will NEVER come close to recouping the money they will lose this season, EVEN if they salvage half of it. The owners are, overall, losing money. Of course they aren't going to cave when many of them will save more money not having a season then having one with similar structure.

Like Simmons said in the article, its really the agents that are screwing everyone the most.

So interesting that the deal is now tentatively struck and low and behold....Its a 50/50 split. Same thing that the owners have said the entire time. Could have had a full season all along.

Yeah, as soon as I saw that, I thought " wasn't that the owners original offer WAY BACK when this started?"

Ridiculous!

So interesting that the deal is now tentatively struck and low and behold....Its a 50/50 split. Same thing that the owners have said the entire time. Could have had a full season all along.

It was just so frustrating. This was going to be the deal all along, the players were trying to fight for something they were never going to get all because the superstar players wanted what they felt was theirs.

I do like however having finished reading some things that we will have our Christmas day games which I've always loved watching, and I think a 60ish game season is about where the NBA should be anyway.
I know there are not a ton of NBA fans out there, but this is my favorite sport and my favorite league, and I can't wait for it to get started again. College basketball is fun to watch to and is a different beast, but nothing compares to watching the best atheletes in the world, play the game of basketball at the highest level.

I'm with CB on this one. I love the NBA.

Im glad the NBA will be back, I'm a huge Portland Blazers fan, but at this point I kind of wish there wouldn't be a season just to teach those greedy SOBs a lesson. The amount of money they make is ridiculous and of course they want more. Also, something needs to change with ticket prices (not just in the NBA).

I agree CB, the NBA season was WAY too long to begin with...60 ish games is plenty and they need to shorten the playoffs too.

Back