NE Ohio Spring Get Together

This was the hole you ended up with par, wedged between doubles and birdies around it. Then stuff got turnt up!

#ScoreBoard

Oh man, that is almost too good of bait for me to pass on. But I had a really fun time. ;)

Lol I'll say it for you. Doddly had to carry my dead carcass the last 9 holes to barely squeak out a W

Lol I'll say it for you. Doddly had to carry my dead carcass the last 9 holes to barely squeak out a W
Haha it resembled a large ship taking on water. Stupid 6 foot uphill putt that breaks more than the 55 footer that I drained 2 holes earlier.

Had to sneak that in somewhere :alien:

Thanks to Phill V and Mike for setting this up. I'm glad I got to play Sweetbriar and Legacy finally - just wish I would've played better. I need to be in better golfing shape before I do 36! Definitely ran out of gas on the back nine of legacy.

Hickerad (Andrew) is a great guy to golf with! Dude can play! He has the sweetest putting stroke this side of Canadan. It seemed like every long putt stopped inches from the cup if it didn't go in. He was a good sport to put up watching a lot of bad golf coming from myself and Chris. We still had a great time though. Looking forward to doing this again!

I had a pretty good time....
Thanks everyone for coming out and enjoying a day of Golf and Friends!

First of all, for a hot minute there I thought I was getting bamboozled by PhillyV and doddly for strokes, because both of those boys can swing a golf club. Tons of fun to play with, lots of laughs, and I am pretty sure they are both anti-Canadan scramble town.

While I absolutely cannot wait to see MikeDean get his game in check, there may not be a more entertaining individual as it relates to self-assessment of bad shots on the golf course. Truly hilarious to be around, especially when he surprises himself with great shots!!

My favourite part about going to events is seeing the unique, the impressive, and the fun.

For this experience, the impressive stays with vthokies who can rip the cover off a golf ball. It's obscene, and while I can hang a bit here and there, he's the kind of guy I'll hit next to on the range to feel humbled. On the bright side of all this, he's also and awesome dude and we had a blast in round 2.... even though he has a 2 iron.

AMart almost plinko'ed his way to a hole in one. I talk about him all the time, so whatever.

The perfect finish to a day full of golf is 30 minutes of BSing with great people while the rest of the pack comes into the clubhouse. You guys are awesome, and it's great to see the Ohio/Michigan/NY/PA contingent grow and grow.

Also, greggdrews is lucky he went home with his golf bag. I was ready to run.

First of all, for a hot minute there I thought I was getting bamboozled by PhillyV and doddly for strokes, because both of those boys can swing a golf club. Tons of fun to play with, lots of laughs, and I am pretty sure they are both anti-Canadan scramble town.

While I absolutely cannot wait to see MikeDean get his game in check, there may not be a more entertaining individual as it relates to self-assessment of bad shots on the golf course. Truly hilarious to be around, especially when he surprises himself with great shots!!

My favourite part about going to events is seeing the unique, the impressive, and the fun.

For this experience, the impressive stays with vthokies who can rip the cover off a golf ball. It's obscene, and while I can hang a bit here and there, he's the kind of guy I'll hit next to on the range to feel humbled. On the bright side of all this, he's also and awesome dude and we had a blast in round 2.... even though he has a 2 iron.

AMart almost plinko'ed his way to a hole in one. I talk about him all the time, so whatever.

The perfect finish to a day full of golf is 30 minutes of BSing with great people while the rest of the pack comes into the clubhouse. You guys are awesome, and it's great to see the Ohio/Michigan/NY/PA contingent grow and grow.

One day I'll be a consistent ball striker and then I want a rematch haha it was a pleasure playing with you Dan. You truly are awesome to watch on a course. The definition of a scratch golfer when it comes to consistent swings, eliminating big misses and making clutch putts. I tip my hat

One day I'll be a consistent ball striker and then I want a rematch haha it was a pleasure playing with you Dan. You truly are awesome to watch on a course. The definition of a scratch golfer when it comes to consistent swings, eliminating big misses and making clutch putts. I tip my hat

You swore at me. My heart aches.

And you walked away with a sweet patent green seemore cover haha

You swore at me. My heart aches.

Haha I don't think it was directed at you personally. May have been more directed towards the 69 you shot

Thanks again everyone for coming out and making it an amazing day. Days like yesterday are what THP is all about

Thanks again everyone for coming out and making it an amazing day. Days like yesterday are what THP is all about

I don't know if you got to meet my +1. I've been encouraging Chris to join THP for a while now, since he's moving to a new city - told him it's a great way to find playing partners when you don't know anybody. He was wondering how the forum worked and it hit me that outings like yesterday are why the forum & THP works so well. So many people getting together so often, and after a while the forum names are no longer anonymous & real friendships can form.

It was a struggle to finish, but I had a blast yesterday & can't wait to do it again!

It rained.
A little.
Ok, very little

It was a great i with awesome people whe weren't there for anything except to have fun and see old friends.

Sound like a blast?
It was!

The weather was def on our side. Glad to see you again CJ, always a riot man.

I'm ridiculously sore today but man was it worth it. Two solid rounds of golf with great guys. Mr. Pluff we were a solid team to say the least. Doddly and phillyV can take those 10 handicaps and shove them somewhere unpleasant lol

Jake and Andy you guy were awesome to play with. Def won't be the last time.

See pretty much all of you in Pitt!!!

Solid job again, Philly ?

Thanks for the kind words buddy. Had a great time teeing it up with you as always. I'll stop casting the immediately per your request. Some day the good shots will outweigh the bad...I promise
Looking forward to next time.

So finally getting to my recap. Thanks to Tyler choosing an extra hour of sleep over time to warm up, we arrived just in time to get to the first tee. Having had the folks at Old Silo deny us a first tee THP experience, it was good to get one yesterday. How people can hit tee shots with the CJ cracking jokes behind them is a testament to their skill level.

Now that I have been to a few THP get-togethers, I've come to learn that there are two types of Joy's to be had. First is seeing people you already know and have bonded with. Second is adding to that group of people over the course of the day. I was paired with Gunner and GoldenBear67, neither of whom are new to the forum but for both this was their first THP gathering. It took no time at all for both of them to fit right in, and the games were on from the very first shot.

Gunners look-alike really is Brock Lesnar. His arms are as big as my legs and he had the shot of the round without question, a 9-iron from 191 yards on to the green with a shot at eagle on a par 5. GB67 plays this baby fade from the tee that is so damn consistent that at one point we offered him to just go drop his ball on the right side of the fairway near the 150 sticks and be done with it. Truth be told, the three of us could make a pretty good scramble team. Brian drops it in the middle of the fairway, which allows gunner to go beast mode off the tee and on the off chance that he didn't find the fairway after another 300 y drive, we still have a good shot. This would allow me to basically use my tee shot as practice since it's the worst part of my game, but I could start contributing on the second shot with my iron game.

Because of the timing issue starting the second round we decided just to keep our groups the same so I played with these guys all 36 holes. Could not ask for better partners and I look forward to playing with them both in the future. We played straight up in match play and they all came down to the final holes each time. Lots of fun!

Just got home after playing 18 with my normal Sunday group. And I must say they are no comparison to playing with THPers. Had a blast this weekend like normal. Didn't play my best but it doesn't matter. Playing with friends makes it all worth it.

Just wanted to say thank you to PhillyV for putting this together. Had an absolute blast on Saturday and I think we were pretty lucky with the weather.

Winchell, Tyler and Andy - Had a great time playing with you guys on the first 18. Can't wait to tee it up with you all again. In the mean time, I'll be tuning into to Iggy Azalea Pandora.

Dan, 441, and Andy - Mike carried Dan to victory against Andy and I in our second round. I think that pretty much sums that round up.

I hope you all had as much fun as I did, and I hope to see everyone in Pittsburgh!

Back