New Arccos update

Hmmm. I wonder. I know you have to have at least 8 clubs paired to use it, but I don't know if putter is a required one.
I have never tried it with less than 14. When I used to be on their FB page, I just recall people saying that they couldn’t use it because the putter sensor was bad and they were waiting on a replacement. Then I read this on the FAQ
6F7781AD-77AD-4489-8FDC-8F5F03B5EC13.png

The funny thing is that none of this is new functionality. They just took Plays Like and turned it into a fully marketed feature.

The funny thing is that none of this is new functionality. They just took Plays Like and turned it into a fully marketed feature.
I just like the breakdown. I put in hole #1 in Utah and like how it breaks down what it is calculating

79844F5F-D5D0-441F-A801-72914183D32B.png

I just like the breakdown. I put in hole #1 in Utah and like how it breaks down what it is calculating

View attachment 8924466
The old plays like feature used forecasted weather data and not live weather data. Also, it did not account for temp, humidity and altitude. It was only based on the slope and the forecasted wind

The breakdown is certainly nice, there are some courses here that give funny numbers and now I'll see what it thinks for the slope. Most of my rounds are club, so I rarely play without tournament mode enabled.

FWIW, my whole business is consulting around Industry 4.0 and the Digital Transformation - A.I., Big Data Analysis, etc - all the things Arccos does. Based on solutions I put together, Arccos is a freaking bargain if you actually knew how much the Azure platform costs. I'm guessing they aren't exactly getting rich of the endeavor.

The breakdown is certainly nice, there are some courses here that give funny numbers and now I'll see what it thinks for the slope. Most of my rounds are club, so I rarely play without tournament mode enabled.
That's another issue of garbage in - garbage out. It is only as reliable as the elevation provided by google/apple maps. There is a good reason why the construction industry relies on physical surveyors for elevation - resolution just isn't good enough and accurate enough. GPS vertical error is typically 3x worse than horizontal error - that is a pretty big error when we are looking for elevation changes.

They actually are in the process of doing that - $99 annual subscription after year 1 whether you buy the grips or the screw-in sensors. I do believe the screw-in sensor prices dropped.

What I think they need is a tiered offering - some annual fee that gives you the GPS and shot tracking abilities, and then another fee for the caddie option and the detailed statistics.

The phone beta release was such a bad idea. I am involved in the private beta testing and all the issues that I see over-and-over with the watch on the public beta side are the same annoying issues that would occasionally pop up on our private beta testing side. The difference is that I am enough of a tinkerer that I can usually figure out why the bug occurred but the general public beta user is not like that.

If I just put the phone in my pocket and do not use the watch for any shot recording, my experience is nearly flawless - there is the missed putt or extra putt here and there but nothing that cannot be fixed easily on the fly.

Then the link - man that's a sore subject. Vaperware has destroyed so many good companies with great ideas. Get it to 99% before you even announce it. Unfortunately there are still a number of users that Pre-ordered it demanding a refund, but forgets that Arccos has not charged anyone for it yet.

Now they have released an Android watch beta and its opening a whole can of worms they don't need. Android can be so finicky due to all the different Android hardware out there. When there is an Android issue posted on Team Arccos, it can usually be traced back to some oddball setting on the phone or some junk phone made with sub-par components that the user got as a freebie when signing up for a new phone plan.

With this new release, I can already see Major issue #1 - Plays like is completely off!!! One thing I noticed on the beta testing is that several holes showed "live" weather that was no where close to actual conditions. The wind tends to swirl a lot at my home course (I still cannot figure out how 18 holes can all be played into the wind), and the closest live weather station that feeds the National Weather Service is not near the course - the one on the course has not been operational in years. I know that I cannot rely on live weather data.

So I see it now "Why is Arccos telling me to hit my PW that normally goes 130 into a green that is 135 yards away and the wind is gusting in my face?" Again, it's not Arccos - its the data - garbage in / garbage out. How many times does the weather show rain and we dry or vice versa.

I ran into this several times when the wind was way off. I learned to quickly adjust accordingly.

Haha. I snoozed Team Arccos for 30 days and today the snooze expired so it started to show up on my FB feed. And sure enough it was just bitching and moaning about arccos. Now I’m completely unfollowing the FB group. Technology and the general public just do not mix well unless it’s 100% perfect - “why can’t I mark my shots as partial shots - worthless POS!?” ”why don’t you have stableford scoring yet - this software sucks.“ “where is my ******* link you piece of **** company that screwed me over. I want my money back since it has not shipped yet”. ( Note - not a single person has been charged for link).

I have never really relied on Arccos Caddy features to tell me what club to play. I have used it for several years now to track and build a database of stats. For me, it has been fairly error free and I feel that it has been a very valuable tool for my game. I don’t understand why anybody would expect perfection on technology that is relatively inexpensive, given what it provides the user. I certainly intend to continue using it.

@Tenputt I agree. Unfortunately, the app is becoming bloatware because it's trying to do way too much. Just give me front, middle and back and record my shots. I can do the rest from there.

I have never really relied on Arccos Caddy features to tell me what club to play. I have used it for several years now to track and build a database of stats. For me, it has been fairly error free and I feel that it has been a very valuable tool for my game. I don’t understand why anybody would expect perfection on technology that is relatively inexpensive, given what it provides the user. I certainly intend to continue using it.

? ? ? I don’t use caddie and the other features track my shots and the stuff I can control.

@wubears71 is correct with the data in data out garbage. WB I also think you should delete Facebook, seems like a trigger for you
:D:LOL:;)

@Tenputt I agree. Unfortunately, the app is becoming bloatware because it's trying to do way too much. Just give me front, middle and back and record my shots. I can do the rest from there.

It seems like they are trying to continuously outdo themselves, potentially to their own detriment. I agree with you around keeping it simple. Arccos, at its core, is really a way to track your distances and club statistics, it isn't supposed to replace a GPS and a Caddie.

It seems like they are trying to continuously outdo themselves, potentially to their own detriment. I agree with you around keeping it simple. Arccos, at its core, is really a way to track your distances and club statistics, it isn't supposed to replace a GPS and a Caddie.
Yesterday I had every bit of a 15 MPH wind in my face, yet Arccos showed an 11 MPH wind at my back. Caddie, while in theory, is a fantastic idea. In reality, it's just not reliable. Now there are more inputs that can skew the data the wrong way since the data may be suspect.

WB I also think you should delete Facebook, seems like a trigger for you
Haha. I totally think about it many of times. I just keep blocking people and unfollowing groups or sites.

? ? ? I don’t use caddie and the other features track my shots and the stuff I can control.

@wubears71 is correct with the data in data out garbage. WB I also think you should delete Facebook, seems like a trigger for you
It's interesting as I don't use the caddie feature in round either but both Mike Yagley and Jose Miraflor swear by it. They are bought in to the point that they don't use laser rangefinders and explained that they've seen real results (lower scores) when using the caddie feature. I think part of that is that they have very consistent swings so it works for them. For me, there are days when my driver should stay in the trunk of my car and others when it is on fire and should be used every chance I can. That's asking a lot of an app. I do use the preview caddie if I'm going to play a new course and find it helpful as it gives a few different ways to attack each hole and often they are not what I would have considered.

It's interesting as I don't use the caddie feature in round either but both Mike Yagley and Jose Miraflor swear by it. They are bought in to the point that they don't use laser rangefinders and explained that they've seen real results (lower scores) when using the caddie feature. I think part of that is that they have very consistent swings so it works for them. For me, there are days when my driver should stay in the trunk of my car and others when it is on fire and should be used every chance I can. That's asking a lot of an app. I do use the preview caddie if I'm going to play a new course and find it helpful as it gives a few different ways to attack each hole and often they are not what I would have considered.
I don't use the rangefinder anymore either unless I am looking at the pin and suspect GPS is way off (which does happen occasionally). The actual front/middle/back and the "plays like" number I see is pretty dang good. I'm talking about the basic "plays like" number - not the new one that takes into account a half dozen different things. Also, I never use the "caddie" feature that recommends the ideal way to play the hole.

I still haven't installed my Arrcos grips yet. I haven't finalized what set I want them on, especially since I'm looking for a new OEM this year :unsure:

Yesterday I had every bit of a 15 MPH wind in my face, yet Arccos showed an 11 MPH wind at my back. Caddie, while in theory, is a fantastic idea. In reality, it's just not reliable. Now there are more inputs that can skew the data the wrong way since the data may be suspect.
Maybe the wind was just swirling?:ROFLMAO:

I see the newer Android app has options for galaxy /android wearables. I knew the Apple watch was supported but had not heard about Android watches. I don't wear a watch when golfing so I'm still waiting on the Link that keeps getting delayed but it was promising to see pictures of it from the PGA show!

I too am waiting for the Link to be released. Because I would love to not have to mess with my phone as often as I do.

I enjoy all of the data that this gives. At my level, I think for a little while having it tell me which club to use helps me out until I get all of my clubs gapped properly etc. As I improve, it is likely I will use it less and less for that aspect of the app.

The caddie feature just seems off to me. Looking at a course I haven't played and a 170yd par 3 that it says is 2 ft up is recommending a 7i which I hit 156 according to Arccos. Maybe I'll go out and try a round and only use the club it recommends for each shot and see what happens.

Haha. I snoozed Team Arccos for 30 days and today the snooze expired so it started to show up on my FB feed. And sure enough it was just bitching and moaning about arccos. Now I’m completely unfollowing the FB group. Technology and the general public just do not mix well unless it’s 100% perfect - “why can’t I mark my shots as partial shots - worthless POS!?” ”why don’t you have stableford scoring yet - this software sucks.“ “where is my ******* link you piece of **** company that screwed me over. I want my money back since it has not shipped yet”. ( Note - not a single person has been charged for link).

Most of social media has become a bitching post. Yea, it’s tough to follow between all the junk.

I haven’t had a chance to use the new app yet. Hope to get out next week and give it a try.

New Arccos user here. Just got the Smart Sensors installed and paired. First round tomorrow. I tried the ShotScope system but thought it sucked. Returned it for a refund. Got the Arccos on their 20% off deal. Hoping it will work well and will provide me some great info about my game and help my scores.

BTW just got an Apple Watch 5. If anyone has experience using that w Arccos would appreciate comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Arccos user here. Just got the Smart Sensors installed and paired. First round tomorrow. I tried the ShotScope system but thought it sucked. Returned it for a refund. Got the Arccos on their 20% off deal. Hoping it will work well and will provide me some great info about my game and help my scores.

BTW just got an Apple Watch 5. If anyone has experience using that w Arccos would appreciate comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't like using the watch for shot detection, seemed to drain battery quite a bit quicker than using phone in pocket. Still use watch for distance.

Start round on your phone, then start app on the watch. Works really well.

Enjoy(y)

Back