New Arccos update

I have now played 2 rounds with my new (Gen 2) Arccos. I really like the fact that, coming from GG, I don't have to think of tagging the club first (but it's funny how many times I started to tag it out of habit). I don't like having the phone in my pocket so I'm excited about Link coming out.

I had an old iPhone 7 with a cracked screen sitting in my drawer. It doesn't have a SIM card because I upgraded the phone. However, I am able to pair my old phone with my new one via hotspot and voila, my old phone has internet access, which is all you need to it to be an 'Arccos phone.'

The 7 is smaller than my X so it fits better but I still hate having the phone rattle around in my pocket while I'm walking.

For those of you whose batteries have run out on the Arccos, can you buy replacement tags for $5 apiece? Seems like $70 for 2 years of life isn't too bad if that's true.

EDITED: I see that they are available from Arccos for $7 each as an Arccos Caddie member

Last edited:
I am really hoping the link and/or Watch features are worked out this year. I still get updates for the beta on the watch without the phone in the pocket, but my battery drain was crazy bad last year. Hoping this is all finally worked out this year.

Yes I preordered it last year and was disappointed with everyone else.
My issue now is that I have 3 or 4 clubs that the sensors aren't working.

The Phone in the pocket was never a issue for me and I have a Samsung Note8 which isn't small.
Did Arccos not want to replace them for you? You can get grip sensors for $5 each from Cobra if you want to continue with it.

I have now played 2 rounds with my new (Gen 2) Arccos. I really like the fact that, coming from GG, I don't have to think of tagging the club first (but it's funny how many times I started to tag it out of habit). I don't like having the phone in my pocket so I'm excited about Link coming out.

I had an old iPhone 7 with a cracked screen sitting in my drawer. It doesn't have a SIM card because I upgraded the phone. However, I am able to pair my old phone with my new one via hotspot and voila, my old phone has internet access, which is all you need to it to be an 'Arccos phone.'

The 7 is smaller than my X so it fits better but I still hate having the phone rattle around in my pocket while I'm walking.

For those of you whose batteries have run out on the Arccos, can you buy replacement tags for $5 apiece? Seems like $70 for 2 years of life isn't too bad if that's true.

EDITED: I see that they are available from Arccos for $7 each as an Arccos Caddie member

I am still rocking the iPhone 7 and that is one of the reasons I don't feel it in my pocket. Very low profile.

I did not know they had inexpensive replacements for members. That is great news!

I am really hoping the link and/or Watch features are worked out this year. I still get updates for the beta on the watch without the phone in the pocket, but my battery drain was crazy bad last year. Hoping this is all finally worked out this year.

My battery drain has been pretty bad, but it is mostly because of how old my phone is. Arccos sent me an email recognizing it was draining my battery and gave some tips to slow the drainage. They did say in the email that using 50% of the battery during the round is pretty common.

Did Arccos not want to replace them for you? You can get grip sensors for $5 each from Cobra if you want to continue with it.

Arccos has always sent me free replacements and quickly when one broke. It is worth a call to them.

I am still rocking the iPhone 7 and that is one of the reasons I don't feel it in my pocket. Very low profile.

I did not know they had inexpensive replacements for members. That is great news!
I still use an old iPhone 6. It’s not activated so I have to download the course via WiFi but besides that, it works great. Low profile and small so I never even notice it in my pocket.

Arccos has always sent me free replacements and quickly when one broke. It is worth a call to them.
Same here. I had 2 sensors quit working. I called Arccos and they arrived at my house the next day, no charge.
I have also called customer support about app glitches and they are super responsive.

Same for me, although I have heard of a few people that more trouble with them. At least there are ways to get the sensors for pretty cheap if absolutely necessary. Arccos sells them for $15 lol

I still use an old iPhone 6. It’s not activated so I have to download the course via WiFi but besides that, it works great. Low profile and small so I never even notice it in my pocket.

Not a bad idea.

I have a couple old phones laying around I could use, to free up my actual phone. I have been pre downloading the courses on my current phone, so that won't change anything. 👌

Not a bad idea.

I have a couple old phones laying around I could use, to free up my actual phone. I have been pre downloading the courses on my current phone, so that won't change anything. 👌
Interesting. I might try this as well depending on how it goes with my iPhone XR.

Not a bad idea.

Another advantage of using a phone that is not activated. I find it doesn’t drain the battery as bad. A round uses about 30% of the battery. There is no issue with interference as far as microphone or Bluetooth go since I’m not using it for anything other than Arccos. I take pictures on the course with the phone and then airdrop the pictures after the round.
I put my activated phone in my bag. Use that phone to play music.

Another advantage of using a phone that is not activated. I find it doesn’t drain the battery as bad. A round uses about 30% of the battery. There is no issue with interference as far as microphone or Bluetooth go since I’m not using it for anything other than Arccos. I take pictures on the course with the phone and then airdrop the pictures after the round.
I put my activated phone in my bag. Use that phone to play music.

It is a great idea, and something I will probably do moving forward. Does Arccos go off of complete sound for ball striking pickup? Or is it the motion as well?

It is a great idea, and something I will probably do moving forward. Does Arccos go off of complete sound for ball striking pickup? Or is it the motion as well?

Combination of both is what I remember.

Combination of both is what I remember.

I will have to do some research on that. I was just wondering.. Because if the microphone on the phone is turned off for whatever reason, will the recognition be off?

I will have to do some research on that. I was just wondering.. Because if the microphone on the phone is turned off for whatever reason, will the recognition be off?

Yes, it needs the microphone turned on in order to recognize shots.

The sensors emit an ultrasonic sound that the phone listens for, which is unique per sensor. It starts doing that when it's activated by light (why their instructions say to carry multiple clubs grip down). They also make a sound at contact, although that sound is the same for every sensor lol. The app goes by the last club to identify itself. I don't think the phone motion is used, although now I'm curious to check. It's also been over a year since I talked to their engineers, so it's quite possible that they've made some changes to the app side of the equation.

Either way, it won't work without the microphone.

I just received an email from Arccos, stating that the company hopes to begin shipping the link devices in July. The email also stated that the technical difficulties that prevented release seem to have been overcome.

Saw that email. Hope we get it this year.

Here is the email:

ABDF2F9C-64F3-43CF-B227-A9B99BEB83E2.jpegFF914E9D-6671-4BEA-B001-05FFC9C3A26B.jpeg23DBC3FD-2B6C-4DE7-B838-E3AF6733C709.jpeg

Saw that email as well. Hopefully they have used this time wisely & have fixed all the kinks. (y)

I still have my pre-order in for Link, fingers crossed that it arrives in July. I honestly don't even remember the price on the pre-order deal so they could charge me any price and I'd have no idea haha.

I used to be all in on the Link, but now that I have a separate work phone and personal, don't really think it's as much of a necessity. Checked and my last round with Arccos was back in November. Shows how little I've been playing :/

I don’t have a pre-order in but will be interested to see how the link compares to have just your Apple Watch on versus the phone in pocket

Back