New Arccos update

I am excited for the new features. Used the system all of last year and was on the fence whether I would re-up the subscription this season. Constantly looking at the phone was becoming slow for me so now that there is finally android watch support I will give it a try and see. Once Link finally come, it may finally be the system I am looking for.

As much as I would love to use the built into grip design, I think this year I'm going for the external product and hoping to actually use it to start tracking everything. It sounds like an awful lot of fun.

As much as I would love to use the built into grip design, I think this year I'm going for the external product and hoping to actually use it to start tracking everything. It sounds like an awful lot of fun.
I'm actually debating this myself. With the external ones you can replace the battery and keep using the sensor. Plus, you have more grip options (without a ridiculous markup).

I'm actually debating this myself. With the external ones you can replace the battery and keep using the sensor. Plus, you have more grip options (without a ridiculous markup).
Hardest part for me is how often I change equipment, even round over round (utility vs hybrid etc).

I need something I can transition easier.

I have both the Arccos 360 sensors and the Cobra Connect in grip option. I much prefer the Cobra Connect in grip option, but starting with the Arccos 360 sensors is a great way to see if you really want or prefer the Arccos system. The 360 sensors are a one-time payment and don't require a subscription. That is a huge plus for them.

I did have to put tape on a couple sensors since a few would unscrew and I had to constantly fix them after pulling from my bag.

Since the app update, the system is not detecting my drives. Seems to work fine on all other shots. I have re-paired the sensor several times. That doesn't seem to be the problem. Bumming me out.

I have the external sensors and they have worked out very good. I like that they do not require a subscription. Saves a lot of money right there.

You can not replace the battery in the current screw-in sensors. They do guarantee them for two years and said they they could last up to 5 years. The 1st generation sensors you could change batteries. I have the screw-in ones and am leaning toward getting them in the grips and biting the bullet to pay a subscription. They have announced that they will start charging a subscription for all sensors going forward, so if you don't want to pay a subscription, make sure you buy the right ones.

I have the cobra connect in grip sensors. They did send me several screw in sensors so when I've swapped in clubs I just throw one of those on. Definitely prefer the in grip sensor but have had a running debate with myself about getting the 360s so that I could save the 99 a year. At this point I guess my decision needs to come fast but I'll probably just stick to the smart sensors.

The screw in ones are the exact same sensor, just housed in the case. Kinda fun to tear apart and see what's inside of it actually.

The screw in ones are the exact same sensor, just housed in the case. Kinda fun to tear apart and see what's inside of it actually.

That being the case, could I buy the screw in one and take them apart and throw them into the grips?

There’s a massive overhaul on a competitive product. Will be out in late May early June. Can’t say more at this time I don’t believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardest part for me is how often I change equipment, even round over round (utility vs hybrid etc).

I need something I can transition easier.
This is why you get paid the big bucks! I didn't even think about portability. I am also thinking about getting them.

This is why you get paid the big bucks! I didn't even think about portability. I am also thinking about getting them.
What I would REALLY love to see is some new innovation from the Arccos side where they make the tags more compact.

The next version they release absolutely has to have a smaller footprint. it would be massively beneficial.

The faq seems to indicate the older tags will never go subscription:

Will the 2019 and prior generation non-subscription versions ever require a subscription?

We are committed to our loyal customers. Any existing user or new user who activates an Arccos Caddie account with the 2nd Generation version of Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors will not be charged a subscription. We will also continue to offer replacement sensors to users of the 2019 version for the life of the product.

That being the case, could I buy the screw in one and take them apart and throw them into the grips?
Yes, I've done that a couple times

Since the app update, the system is not detecting my drives. Seems to work fine on all other shots. I have re-paired the sensor several times. That doesn't seem to be the problem. Bumming me out.
Probably a bad / weak battery in the sensor. Cobra customer support is incredible. If you call they'll probably send you a new sensor for free as the clubs are only a year old and they should last longer. (btw, they are easy to pop out.. Use something to pull the grip gently away from the sensor and use a small bit of grip solvent and it pops right out).

I didn't realize that. I just saw on Cobra's site that the replacement in-grip sensors are only $5 a piece and I've seen online where you can get them cheaper if you buy a compete set. The one advantage of the screw in sensors is the cheaper grip replacement cost but hopefully that comes down in time. (looking at the mcc+4)

Is it possible the battery needs to be replaced?
I started typing this earlier and never updated the page. I see others have said the same thing now. I saw where someone did a write up on how to change them yourself if you so desire.

The faq seems to indicate the older tags will never go subscription:

Will the 2019 and prior generation non-subscription versions ever require a subscription?

We are committed to our loyal customers. Any existing user or new user who activates an Arccos Caddie account with the 2nd Generation version of Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors will not be charged a subscription. We will also continue to offer replacement sensors to users of the 2019 version for the life of the product.
Correct, but they are not making the generation 1 or 2 sensors anymore. You can still buy them, but they are going to start selling screw in sensors that will require a subscription. They will supply replacement sensors for the 2019 (no subscription) sensors if you need one.

Last edited:
I started my Arccos experience yesterday. I’m impressed so far. It was easy to use and edit where needed. And looking at stats from round one, I can’t argue. My driver game was a royal disaster. Saved a modest score with short game. This will be interesting over time. 👍

For you Arrcos users, I am switching from GameGolf. I'm having a hard time imagining the phone in my pocket for an entire round. I'll try it but I'm not excited about it. I'm looking forward to the belt clip coming out this spring sometime.

Having said that, I will start with the phone (I use a Garmin watch so the Apple Watch or android watch are not an option). Do any of you:
1) I walk a push cart when I play so the cart is always within 10-30 feet of me. Is that close enough for the sensor to register a shot? I could mount the phone on a phone clip on the cart.
2) do any of you use a belt clip for your phone instead of having in your pocket?

Thanks in advance

Playing nine today, and using my Arccos for the first time on all of my clubs. Can't wait to see some numbers! And find ways to get better.

For you Arrcos users, I am switching from GameGolf. I'm having a hard time imagining the phone in my pocket for an entire round. I'll try it but I'm not excited about it. I'm looking forward to the belt clip coming out this spring sometime.

Having said that, I will start with the phone (I use a Garmin watch so the Apple Watch or android watch are not an option). Do any of you:
1) I walk a push cart when I play so the cart is always within 10-30 feet of me. Is that close enough for the sensor to register a shot? I could mount the phone on a phone clip on the cart.
2) do any of you use a belt clip for your phone instead of having in your pocket?

Thanks in advance
I am pretty sure the phone has to be in your front left pocket(for a right handed golfer) for the sensor to pick up.

Thanks in advance

It definitely would not work hooked up to your push cart, I’m sure it would work though if on a belt clip toward the front of your body.

Back