New Callaway Releases

lmh3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
I got a chance to hit a few shots with the Bertha V Series driver, Apex Utility, and Apex MB irons today. Good looking stuff, the blade seems even smaller than the Razor X MB, I could see putting an 8-PW in, but probably nothing longer. I was really liking the look of the Utility, much more similar to the 712U with a weight in the sole to lower the CG a bit more. I hit the driver with a Whiteboard 72 at 45", I was concerned that the weight would be off at the shorter length, but it felt very solid. Different feel than the Alpha, can't quite put it in words, need to hi it a bit more. The adaptor has been changed a bit, will still offer the same adjustments and will fit the OptiForce and Bertha drivers, but they removed the plastic cup at the end of the adaptor, instead making it metal and the sleeve is a single piece u to the ferrule. My rep said pictures were ok, if I'm wrong, please let me know.

s3o7ro.jpg

Utility above the MB

sctniw.jpg

Utility

dme4nr.jpg

Utility and MB top line

20gldg.jpg

59sgoh.jpg

I'm looking forward to hitting the new Big Bertha Driver. Once those come out I'm going to demo them and compare them to the SLDR and a few other choices and see waht works best for me.

I've always wanted a Big Bertha Driver, but every time I end up going to buy a driver, I end up with something else.

That utility is calling my name something terrible! The MBs, they look so darn good but no chance I could play them. V series should get a lot of Optiforce gamers to perk up and try out. 290g I thought I saw...that's pretty light (not BSf 2.0 light though)

I am not sure I am really sold on the Apex MBs. I much prefer the sharper lines of the RAZR X MBs but still I would give them a shot.

I am thinking I will have one of those Apex utility irons. They look great and have heard great things. Really wish I would have taken some swipes in Myrtle Beach.

That utility is calling my name something terrible! The MBs, they look so darn good but no chance I could play them. V series should get a lot of Optiforce gamers to perk up and try out. 290g I thought I saw...that's pretty light (not BSf 2.0 light though)
It was calling my name too until I found out that it won't be available for Lefties (unless your name is Phil and you finish 2nd in the PGA Championship).

I'm going to replace my 4 iron with a utility, the order was placed today.

Great looking Irons, UT might come in pretty handy for a bunch of guys here (Couldn't see one myself as I would want something easier to hit), The V Series Big Bertha I am intrigued by and might prove to be right up my alley!

I am not sure I am really sold on the Apex MBs. I much prefer the sharper lines of the RAZR X MBs but still I would give them a shot.

I am thinking I will have one of those Apex utility irons. They look great and have heard great things. Really wish I would have taken some swipes in Myrtle Beach.
Yes you should of.....that was a sweet feeling club

I'm really liking the looks of both the irons.

Yes you should of.....that was a sweet feeling club

From the way you were swinging it I believe you. Hell even Mike was smashing that thing. I was just afraid I was going to throw it down the range. Haha.

I'll be finding one locally and giving it a try.

Hopefully these are ok to have up.

I'm a super #internetgolfer I want to hit the MBs

From the way you were swinging it I believe you. Hell even Mike was smashing that thing. I was just afraid I was going to throw it down the range. Haha.

I'll be finding one locally and giving it a try.

I was concerned with losing it too, which is why after 3 solid swings, I was done testing my luck. That's also all it took to sell me. Now to just ponder shaft combo. Any idea of release on the utility?

I liked the Apex UT when I hit it, but I think people treat them as an iron substitute when they are not. Its a specialty club, designed for a specific purpose.

I must say, I do like those razr MB's. Those are a nice throwback to their razr prototype irons from a few years ago

The MB look great even if i have no business hitting them

Aesthetically I prefer the current Apex lines to both of these, and by a good amount. I do like the looks of the V, just wish they'd do something about the cartoonish badge.

Aesthetically I prefer the current Apex lines to both of these, and by a good amount. I do like the looks of the V, just wish they'd do something about the cartoonish badge.

The picture doesn't truly capture it, but the badge is a pretty cool looking piece in person. The Newton character is set in about a half inch and the writing is on the top of the insert, so it floats above the character. I still agree that it looks a little cartoonish, but it is kind of cool to see how they did it.

Can't say if play any of these but would love to hit the driver and the utility.

Love the look of that driver, but so far super-lite shafts and heads just haven't agreed with me. I'm going to give that thing a try next time I get into Tucson.

As for the driving iron and muscle backs...love them. Works of art...Can't hit them any more than I can paint the Mona Lisa.

I like the BBv more and more every time I see it. Its almost a perfect blend of new tech and throwback retro coolness. I like the new MBs aswell, but I fancy the new Srixons quite a bit more.

Looking at these various new offerings together, I think this is a very interesting strategy from Callaway. While still releasing new products, nothing there cannibalizes their early year releases in any real way as these are all products geared toward rather specific demographics. As a whole it gives them a very complete and up to date offering list.

That Apex MB is just stupid amazing looking. I could never game them but man they are so clean looking.

Oh my word those MBs are beautiful! Really like the looks of the new Bertha as well!

Those MBs are gorgeous, but my hands sting just looking at them.

I absolutely hated the Big Bertha V series from the black and white pictures, but the more in hand pictures I see, the more I like it. Happy with the driver I have now, but this is something I'd test if I was looking.

Back