New England Members

Just an FYI to the Massachusetts guys to that have been to Big Sticks Golf Academy / indoor golf and practice facility in Burlington, Terry is running some great deals on Gift cards that people buy and use on themselves to save money when they use them on the sims or the launch monitors over the winter. I know a few guys here go there sometimes.

It’s 57 degrees out and I’m not playing golf....?

If you are looking to play tomorrow I just got back from playing Montaup in Portsmouth RI. Conditions were great for 12/27 the greens were open, receptive and rolled well. Definitely worth the trip if you are jonesing to play. I got 27 holes in and it only took me 4 hours. The first 9 was slow but then I looped back to the front nine and played a full 18.

Another option I heard is Metacomet in East Providence. $35 to walk.

I have decided to get a putter fitting. Any recommendations in CT or MA?

Golf and Ski in Hudson NH does a great job with putter fittings. Just a few miles from the MA Border

Yeah, I second the vote for Golf n ski in Hudson NH. They have the SAM putt lab inside the Callaway Performance Center gritting studio. Great guys up there too. I go there all the time. Brian is the asst. manager up there, if you go tell him you know Me, John with the Pingman tattoo on his leg.

Was fit by Nick at True Spec in Waltham - was fantastic, ended up going with Betti he recommended and I've been putting very well with it.

Overall service was fantastic, would definitely recommend.

Also did the fitting at Golf and Ski in Hudson, was another good experience, the personal touches were a bit better at True Spec for me comparing the two.

I heard True Spec was expensive and leaned toward expensive equipment. No idea personally.
Where is True Spec anyway? I always forget about them, I just see the ads in Golf Digest. I’m in Billerica, not to far away

We have something fun coming for THPers in New England this year.

Yeah, I second the vote for Golf n ski in Hudson NH. They have the SAM putt lab inside the Callaway Performance Center gritting studio. Great guys up there too. I go there all the time. Brian is the asst. manager up there, if you go tell him you know Me, John with the Pingman tattoo on his leg.
3rd for Golf and Ski, was fit for my Double Wide at the putt lab and had a great experience.

Yes!!! What great news!! I love it when @JB drops into the NE thread :love:

Guys, any courses north of Boston open? I know a bunch in RI and on the Cape are open, but I'm more interested in getting a quick round in rather than making an all day road trip out of it.

Just had a custom build done at club Champion in Bedford. Had the fitting done at true spec in Waltham which was awesome but I had CC do the work. Highly recommend both places.

I got 2019 apex with oban ct 100 shafts. I had pxg 2 iron also reshafted to an oban ct 100 stiff 98g.

Hitting sim this week use them and I am so excited
1ed5874ade8205dce0fa961ed6fcb974.jpg
14725cf93336f8a57b15016905e8d53d.jpg
da7fa6fa5d18470fefdab26319ae92bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been busy with a bunch of other stuff, so I missed this. This? This I like to hear.

Just seeing this as well. Get excited, New England!

Just had a custom build done at club Champion in Bedford. Had the fitting done at true spec in Waltham which was awesome but I had CC do the work. Highly recommend both places.

I got 2019 apex with oban ct 100 shafts. I had pxg 2 iron also reshafted to an oban ct 100 stiff 98g.

Hitting sim this week use them and I am so excited
1ed5874ade8205dce0fa961ed6fcb974.jpg
14725cf93336f8a57b15016905e8d53d.jpg
da7fa6fa5d18470fefdab26319ae92bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, those are really nice. Congratulations!

I heard True Spec was expensive and leaned toward expensive equipment. No idea personally.
Where is True Spec anyway? I always forget about them, I just see the ads in Golf Digest. I’m in Billerica, not to far away

Waltham - Fitter was great- and let me hit what i wanted to

I love seeing that THP is coming to New England this year! @clarkgriswold will be elated too I'm sure!

Back