New Guy From Charleston, SC

kdjmu1

Reaction score
Handicap
I've posted in a few forums of late, but thought I would formally introduce myself anyway.

My name is Kevin, I am originally from Southern Virginia, but migrated to Charleston, SC almost 8 years ago. I graduated from James Madison University (JMU - Go Dukes!). I currently work as an Senior IT Systems Engineer supporting the US Navy.

I'm an avid golfer (obsessed is more accurate). Play every chance I get, but love reading, talking, dreaming golf as well. Being a techie, I enjoy reading and trying out new gear and gadgets. Golf goals are to be a scratch player (8.1 index currently) and to better par (I've been close with a 73!)

Outside of family and golf, I enjoy craft beer, trying new restaurants (Charleston is great for those!), travel and hanging out with my daughter.

I really enjoy reading the forums and talking golf. I look forward to getting to know you guys (and ladies). Feel free to message me about whatever, especially if you want advice on golf, food, drinks, etc for any trips to Charleston and the surrounding areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to Paradise!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome! Charleston is one of my favorite cities in the south. Are you stationed at Goose Creek?

Welcome to THP, Kevin!!!

Welcome! Great intro

Welcome and .....Start Wearing Purple!!

Also with COC joining the CAA this year you'll get to see the Dukes when they come down.

Last edited:
welcome to THP was just down there last week and played at Legens Oaks. It rained way to much when I was down there on my vacation.

Welcome! Charleston is one of my favorite cities in the south. Are you stationed at Goose Creek?

Thanks! Charleston is great indeed. Based on your name, I'm assuming current or prior military. I'm not active duty or civil service, I'm what you would call a "dirty contractor" ha. I work out of Joint Base Charleston.

Welcome to THP Kevin

welcome to THP was just down there last week and played at Legens Oaks. It rained way to much when I was down there on my vacation.

Thanks. I think sent you a pretty lengthy post in courses and a couple suggestions for food I think.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome kevin

Thanks! Charleston is great indeed. Based on your name, I'm assuming current or prior military. I'm not active duty or civil service, I'm what you would call a "dirty contractor" ha. I work out of Joint Base Charleston.

I'm a former Marine from many, many years ago. I get to Charleston a couple of times a year and have visited the AFB and Goose Creek several times. I work in the travel industry and have visited the ITT offices on the bases.

Welcome from a fellow South Carolinian - I work for a bank with offices in Charleston and visit a good bit, love playin Wild Dunes on IOP, plenty of gorgeous courses in the area - and you are right, killer food spots, my personal favorite is F.I.G.

Welcome from a fellow South Carolinian - I work for a bank with offices in Charleston and visit a good bit, love playin Wild Dunes on IOP, plenty of gorgeous courses in the area - and you are right, killer food spots, my personal favorite is F.I.G.

FIG is great! It's tough to find a bad meal here for sure. My waste line can attest to that.

Hey Kevin, welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Duh I should have known that, sorry about that man. Glad to see your in the Navy down there and thank you for your serivce. I was down there because my best friend is at the Citadel and got commissioned in the Marine Corps. I was his first salute so I was down there in my Army Class A's.
Thanks. I think sent you a pretty lengthy post in courses and a couple suggestions for food I think.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Back