This is exciting. I can confirm these balls are much much better than previous generation

I'll say this one thing - these new balls are so much better than the last iteration in every possible way. so much better.
That is awesome to hear! Vosh promised they would be back at Shaft Up!

the early THPer feedback on these has me more intrigued than I ever have been by a Mizuno ball.

20221004_164854.jpg
20221004_164922.jpg

So since sample packs are officially being handed out now I can share this and say that I've been hitting the crap out of these and really enjoying them. Some of the numbers I've posted in others threads are with these balls. :D

Hitting some stock 221s with both again right now. Quick. Can live in about 400 or so rpm separation between them or stretch it a bit if I try to spin them up. Really enjoyed the Tour off a 3W the other day.

Hitting some stock 221s with both again right now. Quick. Can live in about 400 or so rpm separation between them or stretch it a bit if I try to spin them up. Really enjoyed the Tour off a 3W the other day.
Which model fit you the best? For me its the Tour.

I need to get my hands on these. I really liked the feedback from the Victory Cup guys

Which model fit you the best? For me its the Tour.
Well I posted a couple in the 6i spin thread. I could play either. Feel a little in between depending on day. I'll post a couple of the 7i numbers I hit a bit ago when I get home andmaybe you can tell me. :D

I have only seen one Mizuno golf ball up here in the Great White North and didn’t get a chance to play with it as I showed it to my wife and she snatched it out of my hand. Hopefully will come across one in the near future, sound pretty exciting.

these look dramatically different! good stuff
20221004_193205.jpg
20221004_193417.jpg

Night and day. From 360 (I think) dimples to 272, more defined. So much better.

yep did the comparison... these have to be monsters! the others were terrible for me... way too much spin for this guy esp on driver spray machine, but irons felt good

Been seeing lots of 55-5600 rpm 7 irons for me with the Tour and 59-60xxs with the X. And about the same separation in the 6. Which is comparable to V1 and V1x for me I have vids and data and stuff but have been too busy to put much together.

they’re so good right?!
They really are. You guys have had them in play for a while now seeing it - they're so improved it's silly. I'm glad a bunch more THPers are going to get to try them, because that's likely the only thing that would hold people back from putting them in play. The more they get talked about, the more people will try them and start forgetting about the old ones.

Full disclosure -
I only hit a few wedges indoors with them initially. First, I try to avoid hitting wedges off mats in general. Second, I realized pretty quickly I was chewing them up a bit. I don't consider that on its own a durability issue, because in the couple other times I've actually hit a wedge indoor I've been pretty hard on them. I'm hard on wedges and balls compared to most already, so it would make sense for that to be magnified off a mat with the balls. I'm not going to be one of the ****heads posting a picture of a chewed cover on a new ball acting like it's a thing. Give me a ball and I can tear it up.

I wasn't going crazy on them. About 116-120 yard 56 degree shots. Spin was good with both. About 10.4k on stock and 11.3 trying to spin it up a bit. There might be a bit of separation there but I honestly didn't hit enough to say for sure.

Full disclosure -
I only hit a few wedges indoors with them initially. First, I try to avoid hitting wedges off mats in general. Second, I realized pretty quickly I was chewing them up a bit. I don't consider that on its own a durability issue, because in the couple other times I've actually hit a wedge indoor I've been pretty hard on them. I'm hard on wedges and balls compared to most already, so it would make sense for that to be magnified off a mat with the balls. I'm not going to be one of the ****heads posting a picture of a chewed cover on a new ball acting like it's a thing. Give me a ball and I can tear it up.

I wasn't going crazy on them. About 116-120 yard 56 degree shots. Spin was good with both. About 10.4k on stock and 11.3 trying to spin it up a bit. There might be a bit of separation there but I honestly didn't hit enough to say for sure.

i don’t have your speed, but i have not seen any cover issues with full swings off any club.

Let's gozunooo!

So the X is more skinny if the two?

why does everyone have to use "X" 🤷‍♂️

Wedge on approach action. ✅

why does everyone have to use "X" 🤷‍♂️
20221005_140428.jpg
20221005_140747.jpg

RB Tour works great too. Even when you push your push draw about 30 yards because your hands aren't warmed up and you can't catch up. Lol. Which is impressive.

Im just talking about naming golf balls across the industry.

It can't be the RB Tour-S or RB tour-M; always with the X
They would be kind of cool. But also off industry standard and probably confuse most people.

Back