New SLDR "C" Series Driver, Fairway Woods, and Rescue Hybrids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebadged clubs that are just parts and pieces of other clubs, sold in order to reduce stock don't excite me. But this thread sure does.

How exactly is this rebadged?

With all the hype, I've got to test this out!
My driver game needs this!
I can't wait to C what it can do for me!

Holy smokes! I have to contact TM about a possible ad campaign!...

No reason for TM to promote or advertise an addition to the SLDR line AFTER announcing the R15 and AeroBurner lines for 2015 that was to replace the 2013/2014 SLDR line.

However TM recognized the SLDR line was still very popular, but receiving some criticism for being unforgiving, particularly for mid-to-high handicappers like most of the people on this forum.

The decision was made to introduce a differently shaped, more forgiving Driver head in June of this year, (just in time for Father's Day), along with a matching line of FW's and Rescues. TM decided to name it the SLDR "C" Series since it was a Classic bonded line of clubs that offered the low spin distance the SLDR line is known for, but with none of the adjustability. The lack of adjustability features makes the C-series less expensive to produce, hence a lower price point was possible.

Since the SLDR name was already so well-known, and people still loved the "look" of the SLDR line, TM didn't need, (nor did they want), to divert advertsing budget away from the R15/AeroBurner lines. Low risk move on their part and a nice gain for the consumer. I applaud that!

No reason for TM to promote or advertise an addition to the SLDR line AFTER announcing the R15 and AeroBurner lines for 2015 that was to replace the 2013/2014 SLDR line.

However TM recognized the SLDR line was still very popular, but receiving some criticism for being unforgiving, particularly for mid-to-high handicappers like most of the people on this forum.

The decision was made to introduce a differently shaped, more forgiving Driver head in June of this year, (just in time for Father's Day), along with a matching line of FW's and Rescues. TM decided to name it the SLDR "C" Series since it was a Classic bonded line of clubs that offered the low spin distance the SLDR line is known for, but with none of the adjustability. The lack of adjustability features makes the C-series less expensive to produce, hence a lower price point was possible.

Since the SLDR name was already so well-known, and people still loved the "look" of the SLDR line, TM didn't need, (nor did they want), to divert advertsing budget away from the R15/AeroBurner lines. Low risk move on their part and a nice gain for the consumer. I applaud that!
Please share where you are getting your facts from because they differ from what TM has said and spare me the trolling nonsense and just answer the question.

Now im confused. If the adjustable version was seen as unforgiving for mid to high handicappers their solution was to make it bonded? Or are is it that even though they look the same they are actually a different head shape that ends up being more forgiving?

Now im confused. If the adjustable version was seen as unforgiving for mid to high handicappers their solution was to make it bonded? Or are is it that even though they look the same they are actually a different head shape that ends up being more forgiving?

It is not the same head. The "C" is a lower profile head with a face that is wider from heel-to-toe than the other SLDR's.

I wouldn't be suggesting that people try it if it was simply the very same head as the other SLDR's. It looks pretty much the same at address, (other than the new gloss black color), but it has a bigger footprint than the other 460cc SLDR's. It plays very differently. No need to loft up either.

Here's what I would love to know - Question for the OP; I see you game the SLDR 430 Tour Issue (what does tour issue even mean anymore?) however make claims that the SLDR-C spends half the time in your bag as well (strange to not include that in the signature but we'll ignore it for now.

Considering how obscenely unforgiving the SLDR 430 was (I owned one, I enjoyed it a bit, I watched people suck with it), why not just game the SLDR-C full time to take advantage of what I am assuming is a WILD increase in forgiveness based on the posts you're sharing?

and edit for MikeDean441: There is nothing with the name SLDR on the tag that you should ever even entertain. Stick with Aeroburner or Jetspeed for increased spin/launch. We've discussed this in depth.

There's a surprise. Skipped over my question. Go ahead and keep spreading your incorrect info because I mean why would anyone want info directly from the OEM when they can just sit at a keyboard and troll about a club that a company doesn't even have the faith to post on their own website. I'm sure it's a really great piece of equipment but something tells me the C stands for what we all think it is.

Because it's a Jetspeed being branded as an SLDR. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Please share where you are getting your facts from because they differ from what TM has said and spare me the trolling nonsense and just answer the question.
Quoting for Bobcat. For the love of humanity, answer the man's question! Please, we'd all love to know the answer.

Quoting for Bobcat. For the love of humanity, answer the man's question! Please, we'd all love to know the answer.
Sadly, answering questions is not in the Troll Handbook. Deflect Deflect Deflect change subject, spew lies. Rinse repeat.

I feel like it's time to put this thread out of its misery.

It's a rebadged Jetspeed driver. Made from Jetspeed parts.

Obviously, it would cost far more to de-constuct and rebuild with different cosmetics than to build a new driver from scratch. (All TM heads are assembled in China).

If you start with an original head casting, (basically a shell), you can build whatever kind of driver you want...just depends on where and how you add weight to the hollow casting.

I feel like it's time to put this thread out of its misery.
Believe me, I have wanted to close it for a while but there may be someone out there actually looking for info on this club that is willing to wade through this s**tstorm of misinformation.

Not dodging at all...What I stated is simply what happened...we all observed it, not just me. The SLDR "C" was announced in June of 2015 but was NOT promoted by TM. I also opined that the non-promotion choice by TM was quite understandable since the "C" was an "addition" to a 2013/2014 line of products that was in the midst of being replaced by the R15/AeroBurner line for 2015.

Think about it...Why would TM want or need to promote an SLDR series addition announced this year, (June of 2015). This was well AFTER the R15/AeroBurner release. TM wisely kept their advertising focus and budget on the current high margin, newer line of products. It certainly doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

However, as previously mentioned, none of that has anything to do with the actual performance of the C-series Driver. Either you like a driver or you don't...no need to get hung up on how or why it was "announced" or "released"...it is here, like it or not.

For those of you who are genuinely still curious about the "C", I have tried to give you a honest review, and answer your questions as best I can because I do own and play this driver.

For those of you whose agenda here is to diminish the quality of the thread with crude comments when you have zero experience with the C-series driver, I suggest that you either go and hit it or simply forget it....I am not here to argue with you...There are plenty of other threads for you besides this one. I honestly don't care whether or not you like TM's new C-series driver, but I just happen to like it!

Some of you at least learned something here that you didn't know before. This thread was for you, because the more you know...

Last edited:
Mr Cat,,
I do believe what some concern may be is:
Where are you getting your information from?

I give up. Enjoy.

b81b16cbe938ab5137ea05e61b63b539.jpg

He appears to be postulating a bunch of stuff based on preconceived ideas and rumors about TM's direction and former clubs. Then pasting in some of the SLDR-C club description from Carl's clubland.

Edit I'll stop feeding it... sorry guys

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back