New True Temper Prototype DG AMT Shaft

Fantastic Periscope with Chad about this product.

It absolutely was fantastic! Learned quite a bit about this product. True Temper is doing a great job reaching us consumers!

It absolutely was fantastic! Learned quite a bit about this product. True Temper is doing a great job reaching us consumers!

And Chad has a way of articulating it so my pea brain mind can understand.

A lot of great info in there. Really worth a watch. And also some great questions posed.

A lot of great info in there. Really worth a watch. And also some great questions posed.

Im partial to mine about BBQ...haha

Im partial to mine about BBQ...haha
I figured that was you.

Maybe I need to try out this Rendezvous place while on the MVP trip... ?

I absolutely love my AMT. I have been launching my short irons so far, and feel like I can get a little extra out of the swing with them due to the decrease in weight! Overall I would recommend these to anyone.

Had a lunch meeting today, need to get on periscope and watch. Really bummed I missed out on it as these shafts interest me very much based on the positive feedback I've heard from THPers.

It was really good. He did a great job fielding the questions and provided excellent info.

I can see these replacing the CTapers. No question.

Great periscope with tons of info. He explained everything extremely well and easy to understand. Lots of good questions especially from the thpers on there.

I thought this was a pretty cool graphic from True Temper's website. I played DG S300 way back in the day, would be interested in trying the AMTs, especially for the added height in the long irons.

AMT-Chart_Launch_Angles.jpg

I have a set of these in my back up irons they are very nice long irons are very easy to hit

I thought this was a pretty cool graphic from True Temper's website. I played DG S300 way back in the day, would be interested in trying the AMTs, especially for the added height in the long irons.

This is pretty cool - that's a question I had asked during the Q&A. I'm almost certain these will be the shafts in the next iron set I have.

I have them in my 2010 razr forged, the shaft is real smooth well into the 4 iron which I never used to be able to hit.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

These will be going in the bag replacing my DG Pros when Regional Rivalry is concluded.

Replaced my standard DGs with AMTs over the weekend. I had a chance to hit the range yesterday and I was really pleased with the performance. You can definitely feel the difference in actual weight. I didn't swingweight the clubs once completed, but I would say the 5 iron is within 1 or 1.5 points of original. The irons seem to launch a touch higher as others have said. Definitely still have the DG feel. I didn't hit the 5 as well as I'd like but 6 down I was extremely pleased with the performance. From a distance perspective, I didn't really see any change but I didn't have a great judge on the range. I'll know more when I get a round in this week. Before the change I always felt like my yardages were well gapped from PW up to 7 and then they started to bunch between the 7 and 5. I was hoping this might stretch the gaps a couple extra yards so we'll see. More to come

Had a chance to game my newly shafted irons earlier this week and loved the performance from these shafts. Great stopping power and I would say I did get a couple extra yards at the top end. Hit several 6 irons that went a bit further than expected. I am a hitter and always will be, and I always struggle against the wind. I really need to focus and/or club up when hitting into the wind with these to avoid getting hung up. Maybe a little more likely with the AMTs vs the standard DGs. Overall couldn't be happier with the feel, weight, and flight.

I just ordered a combo set of Srixon 765/565 with the X100 AMT shafts. I had a chance to compare the regular X100 and the AMT version in a 4 iron and the results were dramatic. 18 foot higher apex and 7 more yards carry for the AMT.

I just ordered a combo set of Srixon 765/565 with the X100 AMT shafts. I had a chance to compare the regular X100 and the AMT version in a 4 iron and the results were dramatic. 18 foot higher apex and 7 more yards carry for the AMT.
Wow! Definitely interested in hearing how you like them. Thanks!

Dusting off an old one here. Anyone still using these? How many use reg or "tour issue". I am very interested in the concept of these. I currently use Modus 105 stiff which i love but do sometimes feel like the 9i PW and GW is light.

Dusting off an old one here. Anyone still using these? How many use reg or "tour issue". I am very interested in the concept of these. I currently use Modus 105 stiff which i love but do sometimes feel like the 9i PW and GW is light.

I'm still gaming mine. I got the standard AMT. I love them. I feel like I hit the long irons better. The 8 - PW feel the same as before which is a good thing. I love the DG feel

I'm still gaming mine. I got the standard AMT. I love them. I feel like I hit the long irons better. The 8 - PW feel the same as before which is a good thing. I love the DG feel

So did you switch from regular DG to DG AMT?

Back