New video game "The Golf Club"

Played 67-66 (-11) in the first two rounds of CC-E. Got a hole in one in the second round on #12

I suck, I should actually spend some time playing as much as I do building.

I suck, I should actually spend some time playing as much as I do building.
That's the great part about the game tho. Make of it what you want!

Gahhhhh. Had my first real good round in my tournament going and a 2 foot putt goes right over the hole 6 feet and I lip out the come backer. Seriously...

Redoing the Dogwood Ranch with some different tees, a couple of renovations, and hopes of making the tour schedule.
Played the first 8. I think you have a few too many trees, especially around the green which causes shadows. Green slopes were fair but could have been more receptive on the long par 4s.

I suck at the game so can't say whether it is easy or hard or what they look for in tour courses. Seems like you could narrow the fairways a few yards. Looks good though

Played the first 8. I think you have a few too many trees, especially around the green which causes shadows. Green slopes were fair but could have been more receptive on the long par 4s.

I suck at the game so can't say whether it is easy or hard or what they look for in tour courses. Seems like you could narrow the fairways a few yards. Looks good though

I appreciate it. I cleared the trees around the greens more than what it was. The shadows have always been an issue in the game unfortunately. Ironically, I softened and slowed the greens from the original. It's definitely not a course you can just throw it at the pins.

I agree the fairways could've been narrowed a bit but didn't want to penalize too bad when theres only a sliver of rough around them then heavy rough.

Is anyone playing this with GC2, or are all posters just using this as a console/computer game? If there are any out there who are pairing this with GC2, please PM. I've got some questions.

Top 25 after 2 rounds in the tournament despite leaving 5 or 6 strokes behind.

Submitted The Golf Club at Dogwood Ranch last night to TGC Tours. Hoping to at least make the Web.com

I'd appreciate everyones feedback on it. I feel like I softened up the greens and listened to what people didn't like last time. Enjoy!

Tyler -

It is a really good effort. The greens are a lot more receptive and I found very fair now.

#3 - I like the false front with the pin tucked just over it.
#4 - The big slope in the driver landing zone is a bit much for my taste, but even into the wind, the second shot (195ish) was fair.
#7 - The bunker in the middle of the green is really well done, and better than the rendition of Riviera the PGA Tour played on TGCTours last week.
#9 - Don't love the front pin position with the big slope behind it on a 491 yard par four.
#10 - I do love the right tucked pin position given the 140ish second shot.
#11 - Really pretty par three with another great pin location.
#15 - Nice driveable par 4.
#16 - Love the difference in danger between the left and right FW areas.

The planting off the tee boxes is really nice, and frames the shots nicely. Really a solid effort Tyler.

Tyler -

It is a really good effort. The greens are a lot more receptive and I found very fair now.

#3 - I like the false front with the pin tucked just over it.
#4 - The big slope in the driver landing zone is a bit much for my taste, but even into the wind, the second shot (195ish) was fair.
#7 - The bunker in the middle of the green is really well done, and better than the rendition of Riviera the PGA Tour played on TGCTours last week.
#9 - Don't love the front pin position with the big slope behind it on a 491 yard par four.
#10 - I do love the right tucked pin position given the 140ish second shot.
#11 - Really pretty par three with another great pin location.
#15 - Nice driveable par 4.
#16 - Love the difference in danger between the left and right FW areas.

The planting off the tee boxes is really nice, and frames the shots nicely. Really a solid effort Tyler.

Sincerely thank you for taking a look at it, it means a lot. Your words carry a lot with them. This is the Thursday pin placements and have drawn out the Friday thru Sunday as well. I would definitely make a couple more changes based on the feedback.

I agree with your thoughts on #9. It originally was a par 5 that is only a par 4 on Thursday (3 par 5s rotate as par 4s). I really couldn't figure out a great way to do that hole, so might have to change it depending on what the tours say (they favor par 71s and 70s for majors, which is what I was ultimately gunning for, lofty goal). Now that I read it, the PGA doesn't need to be a non-72, just the US Open. It plays much better as a par 5 with the green like #2 at Augusta.

Donne, what would you change if you were me? Let's start with 3 of them, general or specific?

Tyler, it's hard to suggest too much because I have never created the first hole of my own in the designer. I've only played the course twice with exactly the same wind direction and strength, so that skews things as well. The second time I played it, I played a couple of the doglegs differently with less aggressive lines and liked the variety it offered.

Purely as an opinion compared to the other tour courses I have played, here would be my thoughts:

1) I really don't care for the severity of the slope on #4 FW, the drive into the wind hits right into the bank and rolls backwards and to the left under the tree there. The second shot is very playable, but the drive feels quirky.
2) This will seem counter to the earlier statements, but the greens hold almost too well and are very gently sloped around most holes. Better players are going to score very well (-7 and -8 in my two rounds).
3) The left FW piece on 16 (I went up the right the first time) didn't offer enough reward to take it on. The uphill lie on the right side was a nice "penalty" to taking the easy way, so having a flatter lie on the left section might be a nice incentive particularly since I think there was also a better approach angle from the left side.

I'm not sure about changing several of the par 5s into 4s in the different versions. Seems a bit unnecessarily complicated, and the one that dog legs around to the right (front nine I think) would have to have the tees moved a bit to give a fair approach. Both times I played out left in the fairway and the trees prevented me from having any path to the green.

These are kind of random since I'm not looking at it right now, but hope there is something useful in the musings.

Tyler, it's hard to suggest too much because I have never created the first hole of my own in the designer. I've only played the course twice with exactly the same wind direction and strength, so that skews things as well. The second time I played it, I played a couple of the doglegs differently with less aggressive lines and liked the variety it offered.

Purely as an opinion compared to the other tour courses I have played, here would be my thoughts:

1) I really don't care for the severity of the slope on #4 FW, the drive into the wind hits right into the bank and rolls backwards and to the left under the tree there. The second shot is very playable, but the drive feels quirky.
2) This will seem counter to the earlier statements, but the greens hold almost too well and are very gently sloped around most holes. Better players are going to score very well (-7 and -8 in my two rounds).
3) The left FW piece on 16 (I went up the right the first time) didn't offer enough reward to take it on. The uphill lie on the right side was a nice "penalty" to taking the easy way, so having a flatter lie on the left section might be a nice incentive particularly since I think there was also a better approach angle from the left side.

I'm not sure about changing several of the par 5s into 4s in the different versions. Seems a bit unnecessarily complicated, and the one that dog legs around to the right (front nine I think) would have to have the tees moved a bit to give a fair approach. Both times I played out left in the fairway and the trees prevented me from having any path to the green.

These are kind of random since I'm not looking at it right now, but hope there is something useful in the musings.
I've changed them all back to par 5s. And I'm currently changing some things you mentioned as well! Tremendous insight.

I've changed them all back to par 5s. And I'm currently changing some things you mentioned as well! Tremendous insight.

I'm going to be away this weekend, but I'll be glad to play test again next week. I'm always willing to offer an opinion keeping in mind that I don't understand much about the tools.

I will try and play your course tonight, man.
Will be gone all weekend........playing Sea Effing Island!!!

Oh, and still T5 in CC-E today.

I now have TGC for Skytrak! Did a one year subscription to it because I am going to use the year to decide if TGC or Perfect Golf is the full time answer going forward. First round is Magnolia National (what else would I pick??) for ProTee (6500 yards) and so far I am -1 after 5 holes.

I now have TGC for Skytrak! Did a one year subscription to it because I am going to use the year to decide if TGC or Perfect Golf is the full time answer going forward. First round is Magnolia National (what else would I pick??) for ProTee (6500 yards) and so far I am -1 after 5 holes.
very jealous. Does Chambers Bay have a protee version?

very jealous. Does Chambers Bay have a protee version?

Haven't checked yet. I'm going to do q school this weekend and dig around the sim tours some.

If you guys want to get pissed off at a couple impossible routine holes, try Westmorland Manor CC. The front 9 is just stupid on half the holes.

Thanks for trying.He is a non avid golfer like myself and would maybe play 9 holes a year.He worked real hard at that one.Im talking a month or more.I shot a 75 there,but I played probably the best round I ever played on TGC.
Lol, I shot +2 and thought I played awesome. Definitely need to think outside the box to par some of them even.
Very nice looking course.

Sent from my S6 edge

Question for the guys that like to build courses. Do you prefer to let the computer auto generate the terrain and find interesting routings, tee and green locations or do you prefer to flatten everything to a few feet over the water line and do everything from scratch.

I am in the middle of a few courses I am building trying different ways of doing it. So far I feel it is almost like real life. It is usually easy to tell if a course was built moving tons of earth compared to a naturally good site. Good part is there are no construction budgets so you can actually do both, make a good site and still move tons of earth.

Question for the tour players. What kind of scores do the people in the easiest division normally shoot. I want to actually start playing the game more just wondering what scores I need to shoot.

Question for the guys that like to build courses. Do you prefer to let the computer auto generate the terrain and find interesting routings, tee and green locations or do you prefer to flatten everything to a few feet over the water line and do everything from scratch.

I am in the middle of a few courses I am building trying different ways of doing it. So far I feel it is almost like real life. It is usually easy to tell if a course was built moving tons of earth compared to a naturally good site. Good part is there are no construction budgets so you can actually do both, make a good site and still move tons of earth.

Question for the tour players. What kind of scores do the people in the easiest division normally shoot. I want to actually start playing the game more just wondering what scores I need to shoot.
I like to do auto gen some Hills and stuff using the meter, but mostly manually make the larger terrain features. You don't get anything like 60 foot drops without doing it yourself, and many people like that challenge.

As for the Tours, they all seem to be fairly consistent on what's scores are the cut line and the winners. Typically cuts are in the high teens and winners are in the 40 unders. The cc courses tend to be easier than the PGA or Euro courses to help that go along.

My course got approved for Tour Usage, but doesn't mean it will be on there. I'm going to resubmit as Dogwood Park Golf Club with all 4 days of pin locations and the recent edits.

Found dubs dread and boy what a great rendition.Ironically I searched for a ghost partner and found MikeDean441.He must be good luck as I shot my lowest score to date on a tough course.Thanks Mike

If you guys want a challenge I'll show you how to play on tour pro settings..

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

I suck bad enough as it is.

Tour Pro? Not sure I'm familiar...

Back