NHL '09-'10 Season

How do you guys think leighton holds up against a legitimate offense?

Good but not great, he's a solid goaltender, but the skill that Chicago has on offense will certainly point out his flaws.

the key as been the Flyers defense vs. the goaltender. it's much easier to stop the puck when you can see it. if Chicago gets traffic in front of Leighton he may have some issues.
How do you guys think leighton holds up against a legitimate offense?

Re: NHL '09-'10 Season

That seems to be their MO when they have possession... buff or even Toews have spent a noticeable amount of time outside the crease this playoff... I am going to enjoy watching buff and pronger go at it haha.

This should be a 5 or max 6 game series with the Hawks winning. One thing though for sure the Hawks are not going to have as easy a time in front of the net as they did with SJ. Philly blocks a lot of shots as well helping out their netminder. It sure seems like this is Chicago's year at this point and I was blown away by how they handled SJ. I just don't see the Flyer's hanging with the Hawks but then again this is playoff hockey and strange things happen.

Im expecting the Hawks to win in 4. If they were able to handle the Sharks that easily, Philly doesnt stand a chance. Honestly, the SCF is just a formality. The real battle for the Stanley Cup was the Western conference finals.

getting ready for game 1. Go Blackhawks

What a bad game. Neither team should have won. Great game for the Chi coaches. They won that game and can still get mad and skate their team.

I am hoping to see Boucher back in net for Phi, but I have heard they are staying with Leighton.

That just may have been one of the worst Stanley Cup games I've ever seen.

NHL '09-'10 Season

That just may have been one of the worst Stanley Cup games I've ever seen.

+1 and not sure why the Flyers pulled Leighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there are going to be four more of last night I think I'll start watching reruns on the Hockey Channel

I felt like that game was the perfect example of two goalies who were coming off their hot streaks in a big way...

Neither are really number one goalies, and it showed in a big way.. Sloppy, sloppy game.

Both teams have quite a bit of talent on offense and defense, and they both have good goalies, not great, but good. Should be a high scoring series.

I felt like that game was the perfect example of two goalies who were coming off their hot streaks in a big way...

Neither are really number one goalies, and it showed in a big way.. Sloppy, sloppy game.

i think all 3 goalies were sloppy imo

i think all 3 goalies were sloppy imo

Definitely agree there, although Niemi has the best chance of actually being a legit goalie in the coming years.

It will be interesting to see what Philly does in the off-season. Maybe take a shot at Chris Mason and hang on to Leighton as a backup?

well Chi town held home ice, lets see what happens in Philly.

I have to think Philly will win at least one at home, but it should be some high scoring affairs for sure!

I didn't expect the games to be this close. Fun series to watch so far...

Pronger is one of the dirtiest players in the league, but not in a bad way like Lapierre. Just smart dirty. Taking the game pucks, come on. :act-up:

WOW!! These first 2 games with the Hawks/Flyers have been amazing!!! Niemi is THE MAN!!!

Pronger is one of the dirtiest players in the league, but not in a bad way like Lapierre. Just smart dirty. Taking the game pucks, come on. :act-up:

Pronger is a child when it comes to handling his anger and frustration, Lapierre is a great example of an enforncer, Pronger is just a big baby!

Wow. What a start to the series. I gotta tell ya, being able to celebrate through the night after each of my Hawks' win is a blast.

yeah but that 'blah blah blah' he was doing with his hand was hilarious!
Pronger is a child when it comes to handling his anger and frustration, Lapierre is a great example of an enforncer, Pronger is just a big baby!

Back