NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caps are weathering the storm in Winnipeg so far. Big division game here.....

I like how Volpatti came in right away and dropped the gloves, I think the guys here will really like him and he brings some extra toughness we've needed. Wouldn't you know it the CBC feed on the NHL Network crapped out when we scored our 2nd and 3rd goals. We're real lucky we didn't get called for delay of game on Erkskine covering up the puck on that PK. Any info on why Wolski was scratched today? I'd love to see Big John whoop Bogosian's punk ass!

Jake voracek scores again. Guys on fire it's nice to see him stepping up and making a difference this year. Trades looking better and better.

I think him and simmonds are becoming break out stars and are not only better this year then last but this is going to keep elevating each year with their game. Rinaldo is such a smarter player yes drawing in pentalies and not dropping the gloves but that's thanks to Craig Berube telling him what to do and taking care of the goons on the ice. Happy to see Gagne back...he seems so young still, I remember him with Lindros and all those guys back in the day as a teenager....time flies. As far as hawks out there in the west coast. Like an ex flyer from the Flyers team in the late 70's with the longest point streak without it being broken until 35 games, the Hawks are not going to do it! Not even close to breaking 35 games.

They look good but come awful close to losing to some low end teams. I put my money on they are out the first round of the playoffs and a creeper team comes up like last year like the Kings and wins the cup! Teams that go perfect and so well all season long like that anymore this day in age choke choke choke in the post season!

I may get nailed for this one but I always thought and still do the east coast has the better teams and competition, and if they played the Bruins , Pens, Flyers, Canadiens, Maple Leafs at all this year the big 0 in the middle would not be there!Glad to see Philly climbing back up that ladder and solid playing in goal really on both sides of the ice today....i think though 6'7 is getting a little big or a goalie and it helps in situations but in the long run is past the size of 6'6 tops to play in net....talk about a 5 hole whe n he goes in the butterfly!

Great win today for the Caps! Such a huge division win and on the road in a very hostile environment. Great job picking up the 2 points.

Great win today for the Caps! Such a huge division win and on the road in a very hostile environment. Great job picking up the 2 points.

Glad they won, I am not a caps fan but it kept winnipeg away from getting closer to philly with points.

Zac Rinaldo doesn't play hockey. The guy is an idiot. All he does is hit people. No hockey talent otherwise.

Glad they won, I am not a caps fan but it kept winnipeg away from getting closer to philly with points.

Yeah your Flyers spanked my Caps last week it was embarrassing didn't even have a chance after they scored 30 seconds into the game.

I agree, he was half a second ahead of himself on that. Did not like the roughing call on Rinaldo though, I thought the hit was clean and then Alfreddsen cross checked him in the head. Hopefully the Flyers keep playing like this, they need to string 5 or 6 together but they have two tough ones coming up with the Rangers and Penguins.

Their next 7 or 8 games are tough, Rangers...could not be as tough as last year the way they been playing but knock on wood, then Bruins, Pens, Devils twice, Lightning twice....a few easy games and then on to the canadiens after the Rangers and Caps and then have toronto and bruins again I think. They need to go more then 500 on those stretch of 10 games IMO.

Man, where does CBC find some of these turds?

Yeah your Flyers spanked my Caps last week it was embarrassing didn't even have a chance after they scored 30 seconds into the game.

Yea I know...I do not really have anything against the Caps...my fiance's family being outside of DC......that is their team....I cannot stand the PENS....it has been a life long thing...battle of PA, Always respected Jagr though and it was an honor to have him even for a year. Ovechkin needs to step it up back to his old self from a few years ago, I do not know what's up with him slumping, same goes for G from the flyers, he is slumping this year as well. OV is getting those big bucks though.

Zac Rinaldo doesn't play hockey. The guy is an idiot. All he does is hit people. No hockey talent otherwise.

Oh C'mon darren your kidding me, he is a vitale part on the ice....everyone wants a piece of him, and hits are huge in hockey, and what Philly is known for and actually has a little talent when he touches the puck but that's simply not his job and that's that! He is out there to bring spirit to the team, fight when needed and draw the pentaly which he has been amazing at doing this year giving the flyers so many tries at 5-4 chances which can equate to goals. Thats a good player to have on the ice, and Philly has a lot bigger goons to toss on the ice but never keep them on the roster because he does actually have some talent to keep his position out there. Besides he knock the bologna out of anyone he fights.

Just think he got Alfred out the game, tossed out....that's not like Ottawa's Captain at all but he gets under your skin.

Oh C'mon darren your kidding me, he is a vitale part on the ice....everyone wants a piece of him, and hits are huge in hockey, and what Philly is known for and actualls has a little talent when he touches the puch but that;s simply not his job and that's that! He is out there to bring spirit to the team, fight when needed and draw the pentalie which he has been amazing at doing this year giving the flyers so many tries at 5-4 chances which can equate to goals. Thats a good player to have on the ice, and Philly has a lot bigger goons to toss on the ice but never keep them on the roster because he does actually have some talent to keep his position out there. Besides he knock the bologna out of anyone he fights.
So you really just proved my point that the guy is just there as an enforcer. That's all I needed you to say. Yes, that's a key part of hockey. But he's dirty, he's an antagonizer, he's a punk, he takes some of the dumbest penalties I've seen (besides Chris Kunitz), and that's all he's good for. He has VERY little talent when he touches the puck, which is why he rarely handles it unless he's dumping it in or digging it out of the boards.

Yea I know...I do not really have anything against the Caps...my fiance's family being outside of DC......that is their team....I cannot stand the PENS....it has been a life long thing...battle of PA, Always respected Jagr though and it was an honor to have him even for a year. Ovechkin needs to step it up back to his old self from a few years ago, I do not know what's up with him slumping, same goes for G from the flyers, he is slumping this year as well. OV is getting those big bucks though.

Yeah I hate the Pens more than any team in the league without a doubt. I hate Jagr also he is the worst I hated when the Caps signed that bum, he only played hard when he had the puck or was on offense. I want players that will play the game hard all over the ice.

Yeah Ovie has had a tough go this year and I blame it on the KHL and the lockout. He wasn't doing the little things that you need to do to succeed in the NHL, stops and starts and not those stupid looping turns. Ugh....

So you really just proved my point that the guy is just there as an enforcer. That's all I needed you to say. Yes, that's a key part of hockey. But he's dirty, he's an antagonizer, he's a punk, he takes some of the dumbest penalties I've seen (besides Chris Kunitz), and that's all he's good for. He has VERY little talent when he touches the puck, which is why he rarely handles it unless he's dumping it in or digging it out of the boards.

Yea but that's what you also need in hockey, if you do not have guys like that your in some serious trouble, he is not a Punk, as he will knock you out, he gets under peoples skin and thats others fault he lets himself in their heads and blow their cool but he is bringing alot to the ice when out there. that's why he is being played so much this year....he is not dirty though....he clean hits, you never hear of him getting bad cheap shots all the time on people....there is a lot way more dirty players out there.....like sydney crosby....he is one of the dirtiest players in the game....and cries about everything that happens to him....he slashes peoples wrist so much Claude Giroux actually needed surgery on both of his wrists from Crosby. That is a dirty player, or a Matt cooke.

Yeah I hate the Pens more than any team in the league without a doubt. I hate Jagr also he is the worst I hated when the Caps signed that bum, he only played hard when he had the puck or was on offense. I want players that will play the game hard all over the ice.

Yeah Ovie has had a tough go this year and I blame it on the KHL and the lockout. He wasn't doing the little things that you need to do to succeed in the NHL, stops and starts and not those stupid looping turns. Ugh....

Yea Jagr didnt do much down there...I will admit that...he has openly even said he didnt like playing there and it showed. Pens....Crosby...ugh.

Yea but that's what you also need in hockey, if you do not have guys like that your in some serious trouble, he is not a Punk, as he will knock you out, he gets under peoples skin and thats others fault he lets himself in their heads and blow their cool but he is bringing alot to the ice when out there. that's why he is being played so much this year....he is not dirty though....he clean hits, you never hear of him getting bad cheap shots all the time on people....there is a lot way more dirty players out there.....lik sydney crosby....he is one of the dirtiest players in the game....and cries about everything that happens to him....he slashes peoples wrist so much Claude Giroux actually needed surgery on both of his wrists from Crosby. That is a dirty player, or a Matt cooke.
Let me just show you a few figures on Rinaldo:
NHL Games Played: 66
Points in those 66 NHL Games: 9
Penalty Minutes: 232

I think that more than reinforces my point.

And I don't argue the Crosby thing. He definitely is. But Matt Cooke has come a LONG way in the last 2 seasons. You're defending Zac Rinaldo yet calling Cookie dirty? You need to look at things a little more objectively, man.

Yea Jagr didnt do much down there...I will admit that...he has openly even said he didnt like playing there and it showed. Pens....Crosby...ugh.

Yeah it was all Ted Leonsis trying to play GM. Jagr never wanted to be here and your exactly right it showed.

Crosby is the worst

Let me just show you a few figures on Rinaldo:
NHL Games Played: 66
Points in those 66 NHL Games: 9
Penalty Minutes: 232

I think that more than reinforces my point.

And I don't argue the Crosby thing. He definitely is. But Matt Cooke has come a LONG way in the last 2 seasons. You're defending Zac Rinaldo yet calling Cookie dirty? You need to look at things a little more objectively, man.

I hate Cooke and the Pens but correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember where I read it but I heard Mario and Shero told Cooke if he didn't clean his act up he was out of there.

I hate Cooke and the Pens but correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember where I read it but I heard Mario and Shero told Cooke if he didn't clean his act up he was out of there.

I have no idea if Ray or Mario said anything like that to him. But either way, the message came through. He's a completely different player.

I imagine all hell is gonna break loose on these boards when we all get in the same division next year. That's gonna be fun and some awesome hockey to watch.

Good game going on right now in nhlnetwork. Fast pace of play and refs letting them play tonight. I am biased as a pens fan but I find very few teams that are as fun to watch as Pittsburgh. Vokoun in net at fleurys home in Montreal. What's the whole story between vokoun and fleury splitting so much time in net this year?

Good game going on right now in nhlnetwork. Fast pace of play and refs letting them play tonight. I am biased as a pens fan but I find very few teams that are as fun to watch as Pittsburgh. Vokoun in net at fleurys home in Montreal. What's the whole story between vokoun and fleury splitting so much time in net this year?

In the past Fleury has played entirely too many games and was relied upon too heavily. That meant come postseason he was exhausted. Vokoun was told to expect about 40% time in net when we picked him up.

That being said, I almost can't watch this team play. They look like they don't want to win, honestly. I'm so frustrated with the defense and their efforts late in periods.

Crosby gets the goal, but what a beautiful effort by Kris Letang. Wow.

TNolan and the Sabres are a bunch of turds. That is all.

I've really enjoyed the Habs Pen game so far, great hockey being played!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back