NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh Penguins really going for it this year but late season pick ups for a team that is already having success doesn't always work out.

Always liked Iginla but it is going to be really hard to cheer for him in Pittsburgh.

But the best part is they haven't changed the team that was playing well. Only added to it.

I think Shero pulled some highway robbery on Calgary for this one.

But the best part is they haven't changed the team that was playing well. Only added to it.

Very true Iginla is a great addition and he will bring a lot to the team.

My theory is that Calgary might have just been happy to get anything for him because he was an unrestricted FA this summer anyway. If it doesn't work in Pittsburgh he could walk at the end of the year. He also could go back to Calgary if he wants.

For a team that is heading towards rebuilding, a first round pick may turn into something big. That gives them two first rounders in the draft this year, which is pretty deep.

Very true Iginla is a great addition and he will bring a lot to the team.

My theory is that Calgary might have just been happy to get anything for him because he was an unrestricted FA this summer anyway. If it doesn't work in Pittsburgh he could walk at the end of the year. He also could go back to Calgary if he wants.

I'm hoping he stays to be honest. We'd probably have to do some restructuring though.

I'm hoping he stays to be honest. We'd probably have to do some restructuring though.

Yeah I hear you only time will tell. What do the recent additions do to line combos?

It will be interesting with $10 mill available next year and 7 UFR and 3 RFA's next year, then include Malkin and Letang being on their final years of contracts.

I could see Murray resigning.

It will be interesting with $10 mill available next year and 7 UFR and 3 RFA's next year, then include Malkin and Letang being on their final years of contracts.

I could see Murray resigning.

Malkin and Letang have reportedly already told Shero they'll do what it takes to stay.

Malkin and Letang have reportedly already told Shero they'll do what it takes to stay.

I have heard that before. Unfortunately now, you (as in any NHL team) cant frontload contracts or backload contracts to lessen the cap hit like previous years. You think either of those guys take 5 mil per when they can probably get at least 8 elsewhere? I will believe it when I see it.

Wow. What a difference 10 hours makes. That whole Iggy reporting thing was full of fail, all over.

Anyone who is a fan of the game would've loved I see Jarome win a cup in Calgary. He loves that city and is super involved in the community.

That being said, he deserves to be a winner and he is just such a great guy. This move is making me root for the pens even more than j already do!

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

Well, I didn't expect to wake up to that trade alert this morning.

This is fun. Especially for the price.

So, we're probably looking at:

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Adams - Jeffrey - Kennedy?

Of course, that still leaves them with a fifth line of Glass - Vitale - Bennett (even though the homer in me would rather see Vitale on the fourth line, Jeffrey in a depth role..I don't think it happens).

This is like Team Canada with a really, really good Russian sprinkled in the lineup.

shero_money2.gif

The best part? It sounds like Iggy was like, "Uhhh..so you're going to go with Boston, huh? Nah, I pick Pittsburgh."

I read someone on HFBoards already ordered an Iginla Bruins jersey. Ouch.

And, my word, good luck trying to figure out the PP units. This team could legitimately have two top 5 PP units.

I sure hope this all works out because it's a ton of fun on paper.

Well, I didn't expect to wake up to that trade alert this morning.

This is fun. Especially for the price.

So, we're probably looking at:

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Adams - Jeffrey - Kennedy?

Of course, that still leaves them with a fifth line of Glass - Vitale - Bennett (even though the homer in me would rather see Vitale on the fourth line, Jeffrey in a depth role..I don't think it happens).

This is like Team Canada with a really, really good Russian sprinkled in the lineup.

shero_money2.gif

I don't think they mess with the top scoring line in the NHL.

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Neal-Malkin-Iginla
Cooke-Sutter-Morrow
Adams-Vitale-Kennedy

Bennet is going down till Apr 3, I won't be surprised if the pens move Glass, Bortuzzo, Engles, or Kennedy for some picks.

Boston organization and fans are pissed!! Hahaha

Is there a GM in the league worse than Feaster? Hooooooly garbage.

What makes it worse is that we arent even at the deadline. He had time to work on it and get the best deal possible. That is just an God awful package. And a 1st round pick that will be in the 25-30 range. Yikes.

What makes it worse is that we arent even at the deadline. He had time to work on it and get the best deal possible. That is just an God awful package. And a 1st round pick that will be in the 25-30 range. Yikes.

You send Iginla to a team that just picked up Morrow and has Neal, Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz, Sutter, Dupuis......

Don't expect anything less than the 30th pick haha!

hahaha!! terrible grammar and uncontrolled "life ruined" posts all over the place. That is excellent.

I love the people that continued to post stuff about how great Chiarelli is and what the roster will look like with Iginla after the presser. Then a few posts down you just see "What a kick in the nuts! Life ruined!" Hahahahahahah

You send Iginla to a team that just picked up Morrow and has Neal, Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz, Sutter, Dupuis......

Don't expect anything less than the 30th pick haha!

Good thing you have to play the games and not just win on paper. Haha

Iginla had veto power, which ties Feaster's hands somewhat.

Feaster's hands were tied every so slowly starting at the beginning of last year. He could have made that deal a year ago and banked.

Good thing you have to play the games and not just win on paper. Haha

I don't think it's possible for a team that stacked with that much character to not make the SCF.

Feaster's hands were tied every so slowly starting at the beginning of last year. He could have made that deal a year ago and banked.

I don't think it's possible for a team that stacked with that much character to not make the SCF.

It's definitely possible. Especially with that many stars on a team. Alot of egos to go around. I am not saying its the case but the team with the best players isnt always the best team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back