NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably correct. But I also don't think the level of talent we see today existed in Wayne's day.

Plenty of talented players in Waynes day he was just a cut above the rest. He is the kind of player that could play in any era IMO.

Wayne was in a class of his own in an NHL loaded with obstruction. Sid is a phenomenal hockey player, but he will never ever be the great one. I honestly don't think there ever will be a player that challenges Gretzky's dominance. Just my opinion though.

With the current rules, no one will touch Wayne's numbers. Look at his numbers in the '90s, Crosby has put up similar. It as a different game in the 70's and 80's.

Listen, the talent most certainly was poor when Gretzky dominated the league. Teams had no 5th or 6th defenseman. Now, you have teams like the Penguins with 8-9-10 quality defenseman. Not to mention, goalies back then had just about nothing in the way of pads. They all look like the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man in net now-a-days.

Is Crosby as good as Gretzky? He's not too far off. Tough to make the comparison though - really are two completely different games.

the Jackets just got war room raaaaaaaaaaaaped.

I can't wait to share the video on this garbage.

Yeah, I saw that. Brutal.

Such an embarrassment. It most certainly should've counted plus he was blatantly interfered with/hooked.

Funny.

Such an embarrassment. It most certainly should've counted plus he was blatantly interfered with/hooked.

Funny.

While I agree, it should have been a goal. I disagree with the part that there was a rules infraction. As a hockey ref working multiple levels, I can say that was a good battle for the puck. Martell was driving the net hard, and Nudgent-Hopkins was tying up his man. The stick did not hook, there was no overt body contact causing interference, just good old fashioned shoulder to shoulder battling for the puck. All of that said, it should have been a goal.

Dan

Miller has given the Sabres a list with 8 teams that he will not be traded to. That leaves 22 teams and with the goalie market being slim, the asking price will be high.

Miller has given the Sabres a list with 8 teams that he will not be traded to. That leaves 22 teams and with the goalie market being slim, the asking price will be high.

I would assume the leafs are on that list.

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

I would assume the leafs are on that list.

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

Doesn't hurt my feelings. Chances are the asking price is crazy and I hope the leafs don't give up much for a short term trade.

Lets go Jackets we need a playoff run!!!

Emery with the big save then Kaner keeps his point streak going!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Iginla is in the lineup today.

Paul Martin is out 6 weeks with a broken bone that requires surgery.

Highs and lows, today...

Iginla is in the lineup today.

Paul Martin is out 6 weeks with a broken bone that requires surgery.

Highs and lows, today...

Yeah, that's a huge bummer and quite a blow for this team. Martin has probably been the Penguins best defenseman this year. Fortunately, it's a position of strength and depth (and Shero has the room to make another move if he deems it necessary).

Can't wait to see Iginla though.

Yeah, that's a huge bummer and quite a blow for this team. Martin has probably been the Penguins best defenseman this year. Fortunately, it's a position of strength and depth (and Shero has the room to make another move if he deems it necessary).

Can't wait to see Iginla though.
I think we're okay. We have enough guys to bring up. Despres, Engelland, Bortuzzo...they can all do the job.

I think we're okay. We have enough guys to bring up. Despres, Engelland, Bortuzzo...they can all do the job.

I agree but that puts Martin out until the second round of the playoffs at this rate. Personally, I'm with you. I have faith in Despres and I think they're fine with the acquisition of Murray (who I thought looked rather good against Winnipeg). Shero has been so aggressive though that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he makes another move.

I think Crosby just lost a few teeth taking an Orpik slapshot to the face.

That's a little bit of a buzz kill.

Also, it should be illegal for DB to scratch Joe Vitale. Dammit.

A little bit of a slow start for the Penguins. Somehow, they actually look a little sleepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back