NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you say and what you do isn't always the same thing. Yeah, I'm looking at you Zach Parise...

One indication? 86 million left on his deal. He can get as much in Russia over time, but he's not guaranteed any money there. Another indication? If he bolts to the KHL the IIHF will suspend him and then he'll be ineligible for the Olympics. If that tournament means as much to him as it does to Ovie, Datsyuk and the other guys, he isn't gonna risk that.

You are giving his statements too much weight. They are a) translated and b) intended for that market, that owner (who also is the KHL president), that coach and that team. Holy ****, guys will say anything to please the crowd wherever they might be playing for the moment. Basically every NHLer who has played somewhere has put the team and city over as the best thing since sliced bread. What the KHL is saying is posturing and trying to stand up to the NHL, to be viable, to be a threat, to upset the balance.

Now, I do think that he'd probably prefer to stay there and play in his native country. I don't see how you can blame him, but I also don't see him not coming back.

There are reports that russian oil billonaires are prepared to pay him 30 mil PER SEASON. It's not the money.

There are reports that russian oil billonaires are prepared to pay him 30 mil PER SEASON. It's not the money.
I wondered when those russian pocket books would start to open more!!!

Just read that Kovy is coming back. http://tinyurl.com/kovysreturn

Also read that Scott Niedermeyer is coming on as an Assistant Coach for the Ducks. If ever there was a way to allow Cam Fowler and Luca Sbisa to grow into incredible NHL blue liners, this is it. It will be great to see Nieds calm intensity behind the bench!

Confirmed and done. Non-story.

Confirmed and done. Non-story.

It would have been a non-story if he just came out and made his intentions known and not give half answers. I am glad it is over though.

This is why Kovy had to stay a few more days:

JhbXM.jpg

Just in via twitter: The memorandum of understanding has been signed by both sides. The lockout is officially over. Teams are cleared to resume normal operations at midnight ET.

Hallelujah!

Talk about having a late night pracitce.

What a crazy schedule. Stanley cup could be awarded as late as June 28th!

What a crazy schedule. Stanley cup could be awarded as late as June 28th!

And then before you turn around, training camp for the 2014-2015 season will be starting.

Cannot wait for this weekend Pens vs. MY FLYERS....a lot of hockey every week....I can dig it and need it! Also wadesworld you mean the 2013-2014 training camp? Your skipping a year ahead and making me feel old buddy!

Well, with my Packers out, the season is over for me. Now, I guess Im cheering for San Fran because Kapernick is originally from Milwaukee but honestly I find Harbaugh and the rest of the Niners to be so obnoxious that I honestly wouldnt mind seeing them lose to Atlanta.
As for the AFC, Id love to see the Ravens continue to play well simply because no one thought they had a chance and because everyone thinks that Flacco is a joke but I honestly expect them to get crushed by the Pats.
Besides, with the NHL starting up next weekend, its going to be much less football and much more hockey. LETS GO HAWKS!!!

And then before you turn around, training camp for the 2014-2015 season will be starting.

Draft is just a day or two after as well :)

I was looking through the Avs schedule this morning, wow only one game on NBC, must be a good year for them then, they are always opposite of what we expect!!!

NBC caters to Detroit, New York, and Pittsburgh. Any other teams that they show must have been due to a mistake that some intern made in scheduling. They suck.

New CBA is in effect for a minimum of 8 years, so no worries about that until at least 2021.

Thank god it's not 5 years. A lockout would put a damper on the 100 year celebration.

I was looking through the Avs schedule this morning, wow only one game on NBC, must be a good year for them then, they are always opposite of what we expect!!!

And they play almost every second night to the end of the season. All teams are are going to have it tough playing that much after so many didn't play at all.

New CBA is in effect for a minimum of 8 years, so no worries about that until at least 2021.

ahaha I'm aware. I'm just making a joke because you said before you know it, it will be 2014-2015 training camp.

Thank god it's not 5 years. A lockout would put a damper on the 100 year celebration.

And they play almost every second night to the end of the season. All teams are are going to have it tough playing that much after so many didn't play at all.
I don't have a problem with them playing too often, that's what happens in a shortened season.

I would have liked to see more games on TV, they need a hockey blitz marketing campaign for sure.

I'd say some giveaways might help.

2/3rds of the Canucks second line is out for the foreseeable future. Crap.

CBC's lineup for Saturday:

3:00 EST: Ottawa @ Winnipeg
7:00 EST: Toronto @ Montreal
10:00 EST: Anaheim @ Vancouver

Not sure if a two four will be enough.

FYI...NHL gamecenter live is only $49 for this shortened season (normally $140). If you've never tried it, it's awesome!

FYI...NHL gamecenter live is only $49 for this shortened season (normally $140). If you've never tried it, it's awesome!

Should have been free. It would have cost them nothing to make a nice gesture to fans for the shortened season. As a matter of fact, the Devils raised ticket prices this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back