NHL 2013-2014 Season

Kaner scores with 18 seconds left to beat Calgary. Gotta love Mr. Mullet.

I love it. They were breaking it down and with all the Rogers properties we could have up to 9 different games on Wednesday Saturday and Sunday with only your basic cable package and the Sportsnet channels. They are reported to lift all blackouts which will be huge for the fans. This is a major move and I can't wait to see how they use all the platforms available and what personalities will move over. It's going to be exciting.

Even for us here in MB, with basic cable, it would mean one Sportsnet feed. Potentially not as much hockey as I would get with TSN/TSN2 unfortunately. But for my father who gets all 4 Sportsnet feeds, and has all of them blacked out when there is a Jets game on TSNJets, it will hopefully benefit him greatly.

Reading up on some of the stuff about the TSN negotiations, it really came across as them saying "NHL you owe us". Bettman chose Rogers because they came across as really wanting it. Really interesting article.

I love it. They were breaking it down and with all the Rogers properties we could have up to 9 different games on Wednesday Saturday and Sunday with only your basic cable package and the Sportsnet channels. They are reported to lift all blackouts which will be huge for the fans. This is a major move and I can't wait to see how they use all the platforms available and what personalities will move over. It's going to be exciting.

No blackouts? I was about to drop all the sportsnet stuff because of the stupid balckouts. (Edmonton plays Vancouver and you can get it on West but the Pacific is blacked out)

Anyway, Oil looked good last night. Could have been 7 or 8 nothing if the Preds defense had not stopped almost as many pucks as the goaltender in the third.

Hope Weber is OK after taking a puck in the face. Lucky it was deflected a couple times first though.

Read another article this morning about how instead of only having games on Saturday Night on CBC, that Rogers potentially will be showing 3 - 4 games AT A TIME.

Different games on the CBC Feed, the CITYtv Feed, as well as the Sportsnet feeds.... Potentially like 5 or 6 games on a night on Saturdays.

Wonder how this affects things like the CentreIce package. If there are more games shown for free/included in your regular cable package, I am really on-board this change.

just not a fan, before that deal i only had to subscribe to one channel to have all 82 canadien's games, but now i might have to get a few other....

just not a fan, before that deal i only had to subscribe to one channel to have all 82 canadien's games, but now i might have to get a few other....

Care to explain?

NHL 2013-2014 Season

So far the Ducks game is pretty entertaining. We even got Saku back!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385765170.172101.jpg

Last edited:
Care to explain?

rds had all the habs games here (in French) but now they will most likely split them with tva( also in french)

... yeah I am a frog

rds had all the habs games here (in French) but now they will most likely split them with tva( also in french)

... yeah I am a frog

I have been wondering how this affects the stuff like TSN Jets as well. Everything I have heard so far is that they don't know how it will shake down.

I have been wondering how this affects the stuff like TSN Jets as well. Everything I have heard so far is that they don't know how it will shake down.

yeah i think TSN/RDS will still try to get some games

Yeah I think it's going to be good too. This definitely proves to the beancounters in NYC that Canada is the NHL's bread and butter which you'd think they would know by now. Rogers paid more for the rights to the few Canadian teams than NBC paid for the rights to every American team. A lot more.

Man does Burns ever go beast mode at times. Wish the dude could stay healthy long-term.

Read another article this morning about how instead of only having games on Saturday Night on CBC, that Rogers potentially will be showing 3 - 4 games AT A TIME.

Different games on the CBC Feed, the CITYtv Feed, as well as the Sportsnet feeds.... Potentially like 5 or 6 games on a night on Saturdays.

Wonder how this affects things like the CentreIce package. If there are more games shown for free/included in your regular cable package, I am really on-board this change.

Full potential will be 9 games. Hockey night in Canada will still be just that. At least one Canadian team playing in each game. They are looking to expanding it to Wednesday and Sunday night as well. Regional Sportsnet will still focus on your local team and there will be no blackouts. Sportsnet one and their other properties will have showcase games, think caps vs. pens. Those types of games will big names or rivalries. As for Centre Ice that is owned by Rogers as well and will still be available. Think of the new deal as Centre Ice Lite instead of paying 20 bucks a month for everything you will pay a projected 8 bucks for all the Sportsnet channels.

TSN Jets and TSN Leafs will still be on next year. I think it's like 12 and 15 games.

In other news The Bryz got the hook in his second start. I wish CBJ would wear their alternates all the time and get a white jersey to match. The current ones are so dark and the logo gets really lost and it's an awful logo.

Caps snap a 4 game losing streak against the Habs played well enough to win. They need to stop falling behind early and having to come back all the time.

Caps vs. Islanders tonight

Nucks vs. Rangers this afternoon. I'm expecting a good showing from the hapless Canucks and hopefully we can actually score more than 1 goal today.
PVR set.

...and the Canucks lay an egg. Pathetic effort by an over-the-hill bunch so far.

A bit concerned that Talbot is getting more goal support than Lundqvist is lately. Some consistency would really be nice.

Caps up 1 on a garbage goal but they all count the same

Caps get a lucky win on the Island tonight but a big 2 points and no stupid shootout. 2 in a row baby!

Back