NHL 2013-2014 Season

Just shows that if you throw enough money at something, you can corner the market and annoy a lot of people.

5 billion, that is a lot of dough. Hopefully they do a good job.

Im more curious than worried. This deal is for 12 years so its safe to say all the high end talent from the former competition is going to move over to Rogers in time. Not just the on-air personalities but the producers and everyone involved.
Sportsnet has good people in Vancouver but Ive heard that they are just terrible everywhere else. No more blackouts is a great thing for everyone.

They are paying more dollars/capita than the current NFL deal in the States...that is crazy.

I know it's a bit early to start talking about the outdoor games, but it's on my bucket list to attend one someday, and I love watching them on TV, I can't wait to watch every single one this year!!!

I know it's a bit early to start talking about the outdoor games, but it's on my bucket list to attend one someday, and I love watching them on TV, I can't wait to watch every single one this year!!!

Agreed Icey definitely on my bucket list also and the Caps and DC are will be hosting one next year. I really hope I can get to go.

I had no idea there were this many this season pretty awesome. I still will never forget the one they had where Theodore had to wear the wool hat over this helmet bc it was so cold.

If Rogers does what they say they'll do, dropping black out areas and bringing it across all platforms, I'll be happy. I'm a huge TSN fan, but I'd rather be able to watch more games than just listen to a panel every night.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Caps vs. Sens tonight. Caps really need a bounce back game to get back on track and get things going in the right direction. Home crowd should be rocking

Caps are just well sucking at the moment.... #thatisall

I was watching the lighting and heard '' Lecavlier with the goal'' I got excited, then sad, then confused.

Sorry about the game tonight Dan (well, not really). But from what I understand, the Jackets had more injuries than a MASH unit.

Anyone want to draft me to their teams fan base?

The Lightning are doing well, and our fan base is warm.

I actually jumped on their bandwagon when they were in the playoffs in 2011. Was at Game 4 to see them sweep the Caps. Was awesome....just the problem being that 50% of the people there were Canadians.

Come join the Preds! Great defense, great goaltending (when Rinne isn't injured), and a bunch of no-name offensive players who generally find a way to get it done.

I doubt you'll ride to the Stanley Cup with us anytime soon, but few teams have been more successful at reaching the playoffs over the past 10 years.

I actually jumped on their bandwagon when they were in the playoffs in 2011. Was at Game 4 to see them sweep the Caps. Was awesome....just the problem being that 50% of the people there were Canadians.

You should have waved, I was the ridiculously good looking guy in the upper deck.

Big Lightning fan as well. Really hope they can hold it together until Stamkos gets back.

You should have waved, I was the ridiculously good looking guy in the upper deck.

Think I was as far back as you could go, think tickets were like $45......which is the price of a beer at a Leafs game.

Haha yeah dude, join me. It's a damn disaster in Columbus.

.......maybe. Though I'm not moving to Ohio.

Wow Leafs almost made it but they never had a chance once the pens started rolling.

Lucky to get a point.

TTing

Think I was as far back as you could go, think tickets were like $45......which is the price of a beer at a Leafs game.

.......maybe. Though I'm not moving to Ohio.

Haha I wouldn't tell you to.

Wow Leafs almost made it but they never had a chance once the pens started rolling.

Lucky to get a point.

TTing

Yeah not having a shot in the third period or overtime may have hurt us.

The Avalanche fan's will be excited by our first round pick of the Fandom draft.

So how do my fellow Canadians feel about the broadcast rights deal that went down today? Rogers carrying all the rights to everything in Canada and TSN getting absolutely shafted. Hockey Night in Canada will be on CBC still but it will be a Rogers (Sportsnet) production.

I have mixed feelings. Good riddance to the HNIC panel...the only guy on there that I can bear is Elliot. TSN has always put on a great production and they had a lot of talent (Duthie/Dregs/Mackenzie to name a few) but I'm assuming most of these guys will make the switch once their current contracts expire. Rogers owning the Maple Leafs and the broadcast rights to every team in Canada makes me think that I'm going to receive a steady diet of the blue and white...but Sportsnet has always been good to Vancouver.

I'm curious how this will all shake down.

I love it. They were breaking it down and with all the Rogers properties we could have up to 9 different games on Wednesday Saturday and Sunday with only your basic cable package and the Sportsnet channels. They are reported to lift all blackouts which will be huge for the fans. This is a major move and I can't wait to see how they use all the platforms available and what personalities will move over. It's going to be exciting.

Back