NHL 2013-2014 Season

Missing 4 key guys and we broke the 5game losing streak!!! Woooooooo

Great game Nate. I thought the leafs were losing 4 or 5 times!

TTing

Jamie could buy a goal tonight. On the road I'll take the point but we've got a ways to go.

I really have to laugh at all of the Leaf fans who think the Leafs should trade Kadri. Guess everyone forgets he's only 23.

Surprised to see the Pens absolutely shell the Sharks. Someone needed to slow the fish down, they were on a tear.

I really have to laugh at all of the Leaf fans who think the Leafs should trade Kadri. Guess everyone forgets he's only 23.

That would be stupid. As much as I hate the leafs that would just be a dumb move. Also glad to see 45 playing well and not stuck in the shadow's in L.A.

That would be stupid. As much as I hate the leafs that would just be a dumb move. Also glad to see 45 playing well and not stuck in the shadow's in L.A.

I really hope that one of the goalies starts to pull through. I'm not a fan of this back and fourth thing. Sure it works now,but come playoffs, if they make it, they need a permanent number 1.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The most wonderful time of the year.

What happened to the Av's last night Scrap Iron? Lost the game and Hejda, likely for a while from the way he was grabbing his knee...

The Oil are Jeckll and Hyde right now. Never know what you are getting night to night, but they are 6-4-0 the last ten so its not as painful to watch as it was the beginning of the year.

Jamie could buy a goal tonight. On the road I'll take the point but we've got a ways to go.

In a few years that team is going to be lethal.

Its not stupid unless the return is stupid.

In a few years that team is going to be lethal.

Its not stupid unless the return is stupid.

With centres already being a premium. To have a guy at 23 doing what he's doing, I think I would wait a couple of more seasons to judge him. Unless he's part of an insane package deal that brings someone averaging over a point per game consistently, I just don't see the point.

Im not saying I disagree. I'm just saying it wouldnt be dumb unless the return was dumb.
With centres already being a premium. To have a guy at 23 doing what he's doing, I think I would wait a couple of more seasons to judge him. Unless he's part of an insane package deal that brings someone averaging over a point per game consistently, I just don't see the point.

Great to see the Ducks get a W in the shootout! After getting hosed in the OT, and playing a solid game, they deserved to beat Chicago.

Caps vs. Preds tonight hopefully the Caps can come out on home ice and play like they want to win.

So Bernier makes close to 50 saves for the win last game, yet Reimer gets the start tonight?

Tell me someone is watching this Pens/Bruins.

Tell me someone is watching this Pens/Bruins.

Have only seen highlights. Appears to be getting out of hand.

Have only seen highlights. Appears to be getting out of hand.
Way out.

Started w/ Orpik slamming Thornton and no call. Thornton then wanted retribution but Orpik refused to fight. Then Marchand took a WICKED, BRUTAL knee to the head while he was on the ice. During the ensuing mess, Thornton came up from behind Orpik, pulled him down, and while down, put him in a coma right on the ice. It was scary, and quite the bullsh1t move.

Way out.

Started w/ Orpik slamming Thornton and no call. Thornton then wanted retribution but Orpik refused to fight. Then Marchand took a WICKED, BRUTAL knee to the head while he was on the ice. During the ensuing mess, Thornton came up from behind Orpik, pulled him down, and while down, put him in a coma right on the ice. It was scary, and quite the bullsh1t move.

They're just talking about it now during the Leafs intermission. Sounds like a bunch of guys out of control, yet something that could have been prevented if the Refs had stepped in sooner.

Sad this has happened. I actually use to consider Thorton a decent guy, as far as enforcers are concerned, but this is disgraceful. I really hope the book and the book shelve is thrown at him.

Orpik coulda just dropped the gloves like he was supposed to after taking out Eriksson. You don't put a hit on a guy like that and not expect a guy like Thornton to come after you. Thornton might be out of line for slew-footing him like that, but the Pens were getting away with murder.

Orpik coulda just dropped the gloves like he was supposed to after taking out Eriksson. You don't put a hit on a guy like that and not expect a guy like Thornton to come after you. Thornton might be out of line for slew-footing him like that, but the Pens were getting away with murder.

So it makes it ok to take a guy down from behind, punch him while he's on the ice to the point that you knock him out? I'm all for the having to standup to a tough guy after a dirty hit, but Thorton has to let that go. This goes well beyond "the code".

I need to see the low light's from the Pen's game.

So it makes it ok to take a guy down from behind, punch him while he's on the ice to the point that you knock him out? I'm all for the having to standup to a tough guy after a dirty hit, but Thorton has to let that go. This goes well beyond "the code".

Also, my apologize Paladin, that was a harsh comeback. Just really hate seeing people's stupidity lead to major injuries.

Orpik felt like it was ok to take out Eriksson and then just decline fighting Thornton. So it's not like he's holding up his side of any code anyhow. The Pens felt like they were going to get payback after getting embarrassed and out muscled in last year's playoffs, so emotions were already riding high. This game was going to get out of hand one way or another.

I don't agree with Thornton's actions, like I said, he's probably outta line for how he went about it, but Orpik thinking he could take out Eriksson without repercussions was just stupid on his part.

Back