NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lower body injury ... again. Trotz said they are in it for the long haul and don't care about the All Star game. They don't care about missing the one game after either. He would rather see him get more rest and be ready for the 2nd half push for Lord Stanley!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yep, just lame to fake an injury to miss the all star game. He is arguably the games biggest star, and he is too good and important to his team to participate?

I understand his reasoning, but think it's lame.

They just added Kuznetsov to replace him.

My gut is he gets hit with the 10 game suspension for lacking intent.

And Crest, whatsup with your boy not going to the all star game.
Fine with it All Star game is a joke.

Yeah he has already said he didn't see him until the last second. That looks pretty dang intentional to me.
Wow, didn't see this video until now. Holy hell that was a complete crosscheck.

Yeah he has already said he didn't see him until the last second. That looks pretty dang intentional to me.

I think he was still woozy from the hit he took in the corner boards. So he got up on the way to his bench and thought the linesman was a Predator's player ... so he cross checked him in retaliation. That's what he will say anyway.

Just read that Toews is not playin the ASG as well. He has been sick and will still face a one game suspension. Serious NHL, you can't expect such a physical sport to give up needed days of recovery.

Trotz talking bigger plan/goal is absurd. I would love the league to drop a massive fine on any player who refuses to show, the organization, and a solid suspension.

This league is about entertainment. You act like a douche and don't go to the ASG, you deserve a healthy dose of suspension/fine.

Trotz talking bigger plan/goal is absurd. I would love the league to drop a massive fine on any player who refuses to show, the organization, and a solid suspension.

This league is about entertainment. You act like a douche and don't go to the ASG, you deserve a healthy dose of suspension/fine.
I agree completely, and will say the same if Bishop is Stamkos or anyone else doesn't go. I am no fan of the all star game, but if I'm paying money to take my kid and Ovi doesn't come because it doesn't fit into the big picture, then I am pretty mad. It's a fan league, there are lots of stars who's team's are in contention, doesn't mean they don't have to show.

I think 3 games is more reasonable.

I gree with Dan and Wake, this game is boring for us, hockey fans, but its not for us, it is a big publicity show to gain some interes from the non fans. The league needs the best players to be there for that.

I do think 3-5 games without pay is more appropriate.

He just got popped, right? Hard to say what's going through a guys head when he's dizzy haha

So weird. I want to hear what Wideman thinks about it.
Anything is possible, but he hits the ref then let's the Pred skater go right by. He was certainly rocked, and it may have caused him to do something he normally wouldn't do, but I don't see how he didn't know he was a ref.

The All-Star game needs to just go away. Just like the NFL ... what's the point? That's why they went to 3-on-3, for some change in the game ... no one watches it as it is.

The All-Star game needs to just go away. Just like the NFL ... what's the point? That's why they went to 3-on-3, for some change in the game ... no one watches it as it is.
It can be a big attention grabber for casual fans, that is the point.

I wouldn't cry if it went away at all, but I loved it as a kid.

I think if it was a traditional 5v5 he might have gone. I say just do the skills competition that for me is more entertaining than the actual game.

Let people be upset I could care less. Yes I am biased and admit it

It can be a big attention grabber for casual fans, that is the point.

I wouldn't cry if it went away at all, but I loved it as a kid.
I would say do another outdoor game and show case the game as it actually is...

I gree with Dan and Wake, this game is boring for us, hockey fans, but its not for us, it is a big publicity show to gain some interes from the non fans. The league needs the best players to be there for that.

I do think 3-5 games without pay is more appropriate.

Instead they are bailing and we've got a goon leading a team. Awesome.

I think the biggest joke is saying they need the rest. If you so out of shape that coasting around a rink during an NHL All Star game is too much work, there's the door. KHL pays well.

I agree with Marty about it being for the casual fan. If they can draw more fans great but will those fans stay with the sport?

I will continue to watch hockey and not care one bit about the All Star game.

I will continue to watch hockey and not care one bit about the All Star game.

I'm with you for that, I don't care about that game, and I agree 3 on 3 is stupid. But once again, that game is not for us, its for the casual fans. and even if I am happy when Ovi doesn't play hockey, mr casual fan wants to see Ovechkin, Crosby, Subban, Kane, Toews, Karlsson, Getzlav and Benn on the same ice. they want to see the best. they dont give a rats ass about kusnetsov and john scott....

I'm with you for that, I don't care about that game, and I agree 3 on 3 is stupid. But once again, that game is not for us, its for the casual fans. and even if I am happy when Ovi doesn't play hockey, mr casual fan wants to see Ovechkin, Crosby, Subban, Kane, Toews, Karlsson, Getzlav and Benn on the same ice. they want to see the best. they dont give a rats ass about kusnetsov and john scott....
Kuzie will make many many All Star games in his career.

I love Ovi you hate him it is what is... Would it have been better if he pulled out of the game last week? Is it just the fact that he is pulling out a few days before that people are upset? I have my Caps glasses on so things are a little fuzzy

Kuzie will make many many All Star games in his career.

I love Ovi you hate him it is what is... Would it have been better if he pulled out of the game last week? Is it just the fact that he is pulling out a few days before that people are upset? I have my Caps glasses on so things are a little fuzzy

I dont care if its ovi or Stamkos, Price or Subban, I'd say the same thing, they need to go if they get called up

I dont care if its ovi or Stamkos, Price or Subban, I'd say the same thing, they need to go if they get called up
I got ya. He has to sit out the next game so that is sort of like a suspension. I just don't think hitting these guys in the wallet will make much of a difference. Just my 2 cents

I got ya. He has to sit out the next game so that is sort of like a suspension. I just don't think hitting these guys in the wallet will make much of a difference. Just my 2 cents

If you hit them hard enough it will.

I understand that everyone is picked by the Fans to go ... but what if there is some unfortunate skate malfunction and Ovi blows out his knee in the boards. (It would never happen anyway but still) Then everyone will say "why did he even play in the All Star game?" He's damned if he goes & damned if he doesn't. Now just go and win the Cup! Everyone will forget all about the All Star game after the first game back vs Florida.

I understand that everyone is picked by the Fans to go ... but what if there is some unfortunate skate malfunction and Ovi blows out his knee in the boards. (It would never happen anyway but still) Then everyone will say "why did he even play in the All Star game?" He's damned if he goes & damned if he doesn't. Now just go and win the Cup! Everyone will forget all about the All Star game after the first game back vs Florida.

Why are you providing a sample you openly believe is unrealistic and asking us to consider it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back