Nike and Tiger Breaking Up?

Strange all just very strange.
I mean, Nike has never produced their own Golf stuff, correct? It's always been outsourced, I do believe.

Hard to believe it would ever happen but since the whole shoe thing who knows. I'd guess Adidas would be up next
Probably just his own thing and Collab with brands. Makes sense to me that way

Time for TW brand to take off.

this will be interesting..such an iconic partnership

Tiger owns the copyright to the TW logo so there’s one domino down. Although I’m wondering if he creates something new or somehow incorporates the 3 triangle design from his business logo. I honestly think a lot more can be done with his product offerings. Nike obviously focused more in other areas.

What Tiger does has absolutely zero influence upon me. I am probably not alone. Nike most likely saw it as a poor investment.

Because like him or not, Tiger IS the needle in golf.

Sure being a needle or the standard of golf but who cares if he drops Nike. Do you buy the shoes you wear ALL because of TW. Or do you buy shoes because they fit correctly and the price is supportive of your budget.

Sure being a needle or the standard of golf but who cares if he drops Nike. Do you buy the shoes you wear ALL because of TW. Or do you buy shoes because they fit correctly and the price is supportive of your budget.
What I do doesn’t matter, but a huge portion of golfers do care and do buy the shoes or shirts because of the TW logo, which is my entire point. One may not like Tiger personally, but to push off his influential or impact in things like this is just short sighted.

What I do doesn’t matter, but a huge portion of golfers do care and do buy the shoes or shirts because of the TW logo, which is my entire point. One may not like Tiger personally, but to push off his influential or impact in things like this is just short sighted.
Jman, not pushing off his impact to golf, because I never said that at all. I never noted I didn't like TW. Like you noted, what I do doesn't matter, so why do we actually care if TW drops Nike , Nike will succeed and so will TW, who could be moving to another brand that better fits his personal needs, like a shoes that supports for his knees and legs, its his personal decision. If we knew more of the story it might be clearer in understanding.

Last edited:
Jman, not pushing off his impact to golf, because I never said that at all. I never noted I didn't like TW. Like you noted, what I do doesn't matter, so why do we actually care if TW drops Nike , Nike will succeed and so will TW, who could be moving to another brand that better fits his personal needs, like a shoes that supports for his knees and legs, its his personal decision.
We care because it’s a big story. And it IS a big story, anything Tiger does is, and rightfully so, he is the needle in golf.

This can only mean one thing----We will see Tiger in LIV golf in 2024

And we care, why !
We could legitimately ask the same question in every thread.

It's a cynical way to view things, right?

This may not interest you, that's fine. But some of these inner workings of the golf economy interest some (me).

Just about every golf shoe I have worn for nearly a decade has been because of TW. Love the TW Nike shoes, not sure if I would want a Footjoy TW shoe.

how weird would it be to see him in Pumas?

how weird would it be to see him in Pumas?
I think it would be awesome. I could get along with some TW Pumas.

That’s interesting I thought he was on a lifetime deal like Jordan and LeBron.

That’s interesting I thought he was on a lifetime deal like Jordan and LeBron.
Who needs who more? Does Nike need TW or does TW need Nike?

I would think there are many brands that would LOVE to offer a TW line.

Who needs who more? Does Nike need TW or does TW need Nike?

I would think there are many brands that would LOVE to offer a TW line.
Right, but do you think Jordan or Lebron need Nike either? They don't. It's a marriage of convince and money. Any one of them could write their ticket at any OEM. Hell they all have the money to do it themselves. It's more about distribution lines and infrastructure at their level.

Back