Nike golf opens Nations first 360 Fitting Center at my home course this weekend

chewie69

Reaction score
Handicap
"Canongate Golf, in partnership with Nike Golf, announces the grand opening of the Nike Golf 360 Fitting Center (NG 360) at Bentwater Golf Club in Acworth.
The NG 360 Fitting Center is a full-service custom club-fitting and game improvement facility aimed at providing players of all levels PGA Tour quality service. The state-of-the-art facility strives to equip players with the proper equipment to enhance their ball-striking ability, which ultimately leads to better scores and more enjoyment of the game.

Among the many advance tools featured at the Center are the Flight Scope Radar technology, which tracks the flight of the ball and provides detailed data to assist in determining club specs; the SAM Putt Lab that measures stroke dynamics; and the V1 video technology to analyze the golf swing technique. The building can also convert to a completely indoor facility for indoor training purposes." -AcworthPatch

We went to Bentwater today, just to get a look at everything, and all I can say is that Nike went all out. The facility is amazing, the technoloy incredible, and Kordell Stewart and Gregg Lloyd were a blast to hit balls with.

Here are a few pics of the setup they had, from their new cavity back irons, with were pretty sweet to hit balls with to their entire 2012 shoe lineup:

7033110367_499e598148.jpg

7033115247_87a142436a.jpg

6887021788_5305727ca6.jpg

7033116655_e5435862b4.jpg

6887029194_0246449b0e.jpg

Kordell and Gregg warming up:

6887025450_12eb98c6df.jpg

Inside the 360 Fitting Center:

6887019552_04325d3532.jpg

6887020448_773116d874.jpg

The system actually uses doppler radar to track the ball flight and process all the data. The Nike rep had an Ipad synced up to one of the units on the driving range.

7033119883_d70645803c.jpg

6887026062_fc73baf3a7.jpg

My son, Will, hitting some balls. He actally had a swing speed of 69mph:

7033121917_077b184c1b.jpg

Kordell & Gregg hitting their current drivers, and the Nike rep explaining the numbers and what would be ideal for them:

Kordell & Gregg going for it:

Will and I with Kordell, Gregg, and Kordell's son:

6887028430_9b4b9459f1.jpg

It was an awesome day. I got to hit the new VRS Driver, Hybrids, and Fairway Woods and came away very impressed. My wife is already looking forward to getting fit for a new VRS women's driver. Nike really brought it, and I thank them for choosing my home course for the first fitting center like this.

That is sick and so awesome, although, at first, I thought it meant a 360* driving range, which would've been even more awesome. This is still pretty cool though.

Did anyone beat Kordell's drive and get the free custom driver?

Looks awesome! Definitely an amazing looking experience, Nike is stepping up their game again this year.

Looks sweet. Ty for all the pics/vids. I liked seeing all the shoes!

Thanks for sharing chewie! This is really cool to have as an option locally. I appreciate what Nike is doing to get the fitting more accessible outside of the stores.

There were a few that were close, but there were 2 that hit over 300. One young guy, maybe mid to late 20's, hit it 306. Another guy, an employee of Canongate ( one of their pros? ) hit it 312. But he relinquished to the other kid. I will tel you that the one's "crushing" it were not that consistant - spraying it everywhere. Kordell, though, was fairly consistant. It really was a load of fun!

Man o man I'm kinda glad I don't live near something like this. I'd have to take a 2nd mortgage out to cover the visits.

Is the first of many or is this a stand alone facility?

That is so cool chewie! I like where Nike is headed with both their equipment and brand recognition.

--
tapatalk

Wow! I envy your experience! And nice pictures :)

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

As do I.....Lucky!

What an awesome way to spend your day with your Son. Bring it on NIKE.

That's pretty cool chewie..thanks for sharing.

I would be there every weekend....haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

That's very cool. Thanks for sharing that Chewie. Like one t said, I'd be there pretty much every weekend

very cool, my only thought, is the guy taking a picture of your son hitting balls has a lot of trust in your son. My kids would probably hosel one right into me, if I tried that.

thanks for sharing

Is the first of many or is this a stand alone facility?

I did not get a chance to ask the Nike rep, but I would presume they would start opening these up regionally at other courses.

Thanks for sharing, chewie. I may have to come visit you at your home course!

Back