Nike Golf Tour Premiere Golf Shoe Review

In the older generations, I agree. Younger generations won’t flinch though.

That is why I said golfing demographic, which by and large is older.
I will be following it for the next 3 months of data, because its a fascinating social take in my opinion.

That is why I said golfing demographic, which by and large is older.
I will be following it for the next 3 months of data, because its a fascinating social take in my opinion.

I was speaking of the golfing demo as well, fwiw. The youth movement won’t care, and while they’re the lesser segment now, they’ll get older eventually.

I do agree Nike has made some bone headed moves, and the Kapernick thing actually pisses me off, but I don’t think the majority will care. They’ve had multiple opportunities over the years to dump Nike because of their crazy or idiotic moves, and there’s always bluster, then nothing. Nike will keep Nike’ing, which unfortunately for us means butt ugly hats, haha.

For me. As long as they keep making the Premiere’s, I’ll keep wearing them.

I was speaking of the golfing demo as well, fwiw. The youth movement won’t care, and while they’re the lesser segment now, they’ll get older eventually.

I do agree Nike has made some bone headed moves, and the Kapernick thing actually pisses me off, but I don’t think the majority will care. They’ve had multiple opportunities over the years to dump Nike because of their crazy or idiotic moves, and there’s always bluster, then nothing. Nike will keep Nike’ing, which unfortunately for us means butt ugly hats, haha.

For me. As long as they keep making the Premiere’s, I’ll keep wearing them.

Here is a hot take for you. Not only will this matter, as far as shoes go, this brand will fall to 6th before the end of the golfing season. That would be 3rd to 6th in less than 9 months.

Nike Golf Tour Premiere Golf Shoe Review

Here is a hot take for you. Not only will this matter, as far as shoes go, this brand will fall to 6th before the end of the golfing season. That would be 3rd to 6th in less than 9 months.

But Nike still won’t care, because globally for the brand, they’ll end up fine. If you can survive sweat shops and the worst conditions imaginable, they’ll survive this.

Plus they’ve made it clear golf for them is what it is.

Competitors are doing it better and have a better pulse on the golf consumer

Doesn’t bother me as I’ve never been one for Nike gear specifically in the golf business but in athletic business as well

Prefer me some German brands hahaha

Competitors are doing it better and have a better pulse on the golf consumer

Doesn’t bother me as I’ve never been one for Nike gear specifically in the golf business but in athletic business as well

Prefer me some German brands hahaha

I’m looking at May numbers and honestly that take of mine is less hot than I thought. Haha. They could be there by next month and without Jordan’s May have been already.

I reeeeeeally want a pair of the Denim kicks, or the Safari, but **** is hard to find in 14 at a non absolutely crazy price.

I reeeeeeally want a pair of the Denim kicks, or the Safari, but **** is hard to find in 14 at a non absolutely crazy price.

Should have let me know. They were on the Nike Canada site for over a week after the release.

Should have let me know. They were on the Nike Canada site for over a week after the release.

Shipping those boats from Canada would be a fortune! Hahahaha

Shipping those boats from Canada would be a fortune! Hahahaha

haha possibly, but you're dollar is also worth 130% of ours.

Since the switch to Nike golf shoes it's been awesome. Love both pairs I own and now looking at the Vapor Pro Golf Shoes to add to the collection.

Gotta do what I can to make sure they don't fall out of the Top 5 in the shoe sales department. :dohanim:

I may have to look into a pair of these.

Huge fan of Nike shoes lately thanks to the lunar control vapor 2s which are my favorite right now as they are great for walking and provide great support.
Keep wanting to try some of the newer pumas as I like their designs but hard to go down that road with the water proof (or lack their of) issues and the cracked pods in the spikes issue that doesn't seem to be going away.

And like the looks of these in person as I have seen Dan game his pair quite a bit.

Since the switch to Nike golf shoes it's been awesome. Love both pairs I own and now looking at the Vapor Pro Golf Shoes to add to the collection.

Gotta do what I can to make sure they don't fall out of the Top 5 in the shoe sales department. :dohanim:

Amazing Group text FTW. If you want the facts, here they are from a previous post (yesterday) in the Golf Style thread...
This is the current golf datatech marketshare numbers for May.

FJ is 33+%
Adidas is 15.5%
Nike is 9.7%
PUMA is 9.4%
Skechers is 8.7%
ECCO is 8.5%

Amazing Group text FTW. If you want the facts, here they are from a previous post (yesterday) in the Golf Style thread...

FJ is 33+%
Adidas is 15.5%
Nike is 9.7%
PUMA is 9.4%
Skechers is 8.7%
ECCO is 8.5%
And I will try to do my part to make sure they stay in the Top 5 is all I said, Josh.

Picked up 8 pairs of Nike's online with an awesome Memorial Day weekend sale and looking at adding another pair of Golf shoes, the Vapor Pros.

Not disputing your facts in relation to Golf, nor do I really care. The shoes are very comfortable, and I'd also add that Adidas is great as well.

Yet to try on any FJ's, not my cup of tea.

Working at DICK’S tonight...

I just had a guy come in for golf shoes (size 14) and refused to buy Nikes... I had to go to the back and find a pair of Adidas in his size... Tried on every brand except for the Nike.

There might be something to this Betty Ross thing , at least in the south...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am one that does not appreciate Nike's messaging lately. Because of this I will never buy another Nike product.

FJ is 33+%
Adidas is 15.5%
Nike is 9.7%
PUMA is 9.4%
Skechers is 8.7%
ECCO is 8.5%

Interesting data. Surprising to see skechers doing that much. I have FJ's,Pumas and skechers. Happy with all of them. Unfortunately Adidas shoes do not fit me as I do like their styling, colors and designs.

As much as I like some of their styles, I can wear them as they don’t come in a narrow width. Skechers run a touch on the narrow side so I can wear them. And FJ offers narrow sizes. So that what I buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look up the various brands market caps, I doubt Nike is crying themselves to sleep over the golf market numbers.

Look up the various brands market caps, I doubt Nike is crying themselves to sleep over the golf market numbers.

Regardless, if I were a shareholder, I'd be upset that they have alienated a large percentage of the shoe buying public with this type of social warrior stance, when they didn't have to...

Regardless, if I were a shareholder, I'd be upset that they have alienated a large percentage of the shoe buying public with this type of social warrior stance, when they didn't have to...
WSJ actually had an article about this where a lot of these decisions are being made to counter adidas in the 18-35 age market.

WSJ actually had an article about this where a lot of these decisions are being made to counter adidas in the 18-35 age market.

Yup. They’re aiming things directly at that gen. Sadly, they’re buying into the social media trends which do NOT represent the masses.

I must of missed it, what did Nike do now?

I must of missed it, what did Nike do now?

Short version is they planned a release with a certain graphic that may or may not have racial undertones depending on what your viewpoint is. Based on that possibility, Nike pulled the campaign and 86’ed the launch of the shoe.

Back