Nike Golf Tour Premiere Golf Shoe Review

Short version is they planned a release with a certain graphic that may or may not have racial undertones depending on what your viewpoint is. Based on that possibility, Nike pulled the campaign and 86’ed the launch of the shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh! Is there a thread or article? Was the release leaked or?

Short version is they planned a release with a certain graphic that may or may not have racial undertones depending on what your viewpoint is. Based on that possibility, Nike pulled the campaign and 86’ed the launch of the shoe.

It’s not a certain graphic, it’s the Betsy Ross American Flag.

Google Nike American Flag and it will come up.

It’s not a certain graphic, it’s the Betsy Ross American Flag.

Tried to keep it as neutral as possible in the quick version.

It was nixed because Kapernick threw a fit.

Tried to keep it as neutral as possible in the quick version.

Nothing to be neutral about, they threw a fit about an American Flag.

Wish Nike's were not so narrow.

I wore mine today, still amazing! I do need to pick up some fresh spikes for them though...still a big fan!

Wore mine today for the first time for a quick range session, really liked them. The real test will be pushing/walking 18, but I think these shoes are going to be great for me. Super comfortable and a great fit.

They seem to offer a lot more support/comfort inside versus my old Flyknit Chukkas (the original ones, been wearing them 4-5 years now haha), and I felt a LOT more traction to the ground.

Nike Golf Tour Premiere Golf Shoe Review

That “certain graphic” is the Betsy Ross designed American Flag. That flag had the original 13 stars, for the 13 colonies. The flag that inspired The Star Spangled Banner had 15 stars on it (as two states had been added).

It’s the American flag... If you think it has racial undertones, then you believe that America is inherently racist. Solid position for a company that attempts to sell products to .... Spoiler Alert - Americans.

I am not sure I've ever had so many compliments over a golf shoe than my tour premiere's.

Obviously they are a bit more flashy with the limited coloring, but again, never even close to this many positive thoughts.

Oh, and they never slip, and are stupid comfy.

I am not sure I've ever had so many compliments over a golf shoe than my tour premiere's.

Obviously they are a bit more flashy with the limited coloring, but again, never even close to this many positive thoughts.

Oh, and they never slip, and are stupid comfy.

Make me pick a golf shoe I have to wear the rest of my life with no changing, it’s these. EASILY.

Make me pick a golf shoe I have to wear the rest of my life with no changing, it’s these. EASILY.

I absolutely agree with this. It’s not even that close either.

Gotta agree, after a few rounds in mine now, these are the best golf shoes I’ve owned.

@jman

3ba780e7e647cc85cbec98c085503eed.jpg

Those will go well with the pair of jogger skinny jeans.

What the heck else are you supposed to wear to Church?

I've got a pair of church jeans that are kind of ripped up. They're my holy jeans.

I'll let myself out...

Back