Nike Hyperadapt Golf Bag - THP Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
UPDATE - LINK TO COMPLETED HOMEPAGE REVIEW: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/nike-hyperadapt-modular-golf-bag/

So, brace yourselves on this one, Nike is once again thinking outside the box. The company has come to the table with a golf bag design that is legitimately bringing adjustability from the clubs, to the bag itself. Honestly, the word modular would be a really good way to put this one. The bag has four "spines" running on the outside of it and while the base bag itself features standard ball and accessory compartments in the typical location, all of the other storage is removable and interchangeable.

Using a very cool, very simple, and surprisingly sturdy clip/lock system the user can pick from four different pocket options. For the "Large" side of the bag there is a cargo compartment option that also unzips into a "range bag" with attachable shoulder strap (weighing 0.86 lb) as well as a fully waterproof apparel pocket. On the "Small" side there is a fully insulated cooler pocket or a fully waterproof storage pocket. The idea here is simply, maximum versatility for the needs of the day, if you are carrying and want light as possible, go with the range-bag zip out or unclip all the pockets from the main bag. If its raining, bust out the fully waterproof pockets and clip them on. Normal day, then rock the standard pockets. Options on top of options.

The bag itself is also FULLY waterproof and features a really uniquely done 5-Way divider setup. In-hand the quality is really solid, and the clip system seems quite durable. With standard pockets the bag will be just over 5lbs, with the waterproof pockets it will be in the 4lb range, with no pockets it is sub 4lbs, and the range bag is 0.86lb. The kicker is the price, this one is coming in at $350.00, no doubt because of the waterproof nature just as much as the modular aspect.

It will get quite a workout with me carrying on the course at practice with my HS team each day.

Information from Nike:

VERSATILE, WEATHER-READY STORAGE.

The Nike HyperAdapt Carry Golf Bag is designed to adapt to unpredictable weather with a lightweight, waterproof construction and four removable pockets.

• Waterproof base bag with sealed seams helps keep equipment dry
  • Four removable pockets provide up to ten storage configurations
  • Nike EquaFlex shoulder strap for comfortable carrying
  • Pocket clips slip into garages for convenient storage
  • External frame serves as the anchor point for attaching pockets
  • Cargo pocket with extension sheath for easy conversion into a range bag
  • Materials: 100% polyester
  • Imported

Nike Images:
nikehyperbag-847-Photo%20by%20Nike%20Golf.jpg

NIKE-HYPERADAPT-CARRY-BG0400_001_B.jpg

In-Hand Pictures (Its hard to photograph a bag!):

DSC_1133-XL.jpg

DSC_1134-XL.jpg

DSC_1139-XL.jpg

DSC_1135-XL.jpg

DSC_1141-XL.jpg

DSC_1143-XL.jpg

DSC_1146-XL.jpg

DSC_1144-XL.jpg

DSC_1145-XL.jpg

DSC_1140-XL.jpg

DSC_1147-XL.jpg

DSC_1149-XL.jpg

DSC_1156-XL.jpg

DSC_1153-XL.jpg

DSC_1157-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely like the route they are going with being able to cater to just about all needs of a stand bag. Doesnt look too bad and kudos on the waterproof.
The price tag is a kick in the stones but if its durable enough then why not since some people spend 200 on stand bags that fall apart and need replaced a year or 2 later

Last edited:
  • Staff
I definitely like the route they are going with being able to cater to just about all needs of a stand bag. Doesnt look too bad and kudos on the waterproof.
The price tag is a kick in the stones but if its durable enough then why not since some people soend 200 on stand bags that fall apart and need replaced a year or 2 later

Yeah, the price SHOCKED me. Especially considering Nike is really not pressing the issue on this release from what I have seen so far, hard to find meaningful info, which is never good.

I will say, the divider is kinda cool, I currently have it:

Dr/Putter
3w/HW/4h/5h
6i/7i/8i ---- 9i/PW
50/54/58

Wow, that's different. Kind of looks like you filleted a fish with all of the compartments off of it. I like the unique thinking though, and it's not bad looking. Hope it works well

That is a slick design. The "modules" are a great way to adapt the bag to one's needs.

The idea behind this bag is awesome, I wonder how durable the hooks will be when you're taking the pockets in and out. Definitely a heavy pricepoint, but with the waterproofing I think it would be worth it. I wish it was sub 4lbs without pockets b/c that would make it a phenomenal travel bag.

I like it, and I really like the idea! Never been a Nike bag guy either. The price is going to be an issue though. Seems a bit aggressive.

So cool. Love the idea, the look, but.....yeah, that's full on staff bag pricing right there. Here I thought the new Titleist 4Up was a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Interesting concept but that price seems astronomical.

Concept is great and the inclusion of it being waterproof is great. Looks are okay but not sure I could fork over the cash for a stand bag with that price tag.

Seems like a great idea. Honestly before scrolling to the pictures the idea I had in my head was that this would be pretty ugly. But, I actually really like the look. The price is pretty steep though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the concept and only a little cheaper than what klvn is going for. My concern would be durability.

Was excited to see this thread pop up, but that price point will keep me away from it. Looking forward to your thoughts, though, James.

Interesting concept. Waterproof aspect is a nice feature. Seems like a great bag for the serious walker with deep pockets.

Really interesting bag here. Think about a carry bag, then a range bag, for this quality it's got to be close to this price point. All in one, I don't mind the price. Really a good effort by Nike and went the little extra with H20 proof.

Cheaper than KLVN and similar, albeit differently executed, ideas for the bag.

I like it.

Thanks for the pictures. When I saw this on Nike's site I found the concept very interesting, but I had no idea how the bag would actually look and work in practice. I like the idea as I currently switch between a Sun Mountain 4.5 and H2NO Lite. It looks like this provides great options combining both together. I also really like the divider system. I think the extra divider on the top is a great addition.

Interesting design for sure. I was curious about street price so I googled it and found it for $280 at Edwin Watts....bit more reasonable.

Really neat concept.... but holy heck that price is out there.

Wow what a great idea, seems quite versatile.

I like the concept and only a little cheaper than what klvn is going for. My concern would be durability.

To be fair, KLVN is a substantially different overall concept than this in what it intends to do and how it does it.

Got this one loaded up and ready to go for tomorrow.

I dig the divider setup.

DSC_1159-XL.jpg

That price is ludicrous and it's a function that I just don't need in a bag. I look forward to reading how well it's executed though and I like that some companies are trying to evolve the designs of golf bags.

I really like this.

Cool idea with this bag. Nike is looking at new ideas, different thought paradigm. That is good for everyone.
The price is a bit steep, so I won't be grabbing one is these. But there are those that can't wait to open their wallets and take one home. I believe they will have a good bag.

Nice review.

I have no need for a waterproof bag because of where I live, but even if I did, the price would be the dealbreaker for me. Especially for a stand bag. I like the different divider style but not too sure about the detachable compartments if it's something I would need.

Outside of the price, I'm liking everything about this bag.

Jman- is there a way to maybe get a quick video showing the bag being broken down and adjusted?

Back