Nike Method Matter Putters

mhuelsman131

Reaction score
Handicap
Just released on April 17th, these new putters from Nike have me intrigued. They feel is really different from the last Method insert, the method core which I wasnt a huge fan of. The black finish is really nice, it seems a little more sturdy than the method midnight series as well. Only 4 models, one Golo looking mallet, one mid-mallet, one flow neck blade and one plumbers neck blade.

Nike-Method-Matter-Putter_Default_550.jpeg

After rolling them in the shop for a while, they definitely have some pop off the face which is really nice. The M5-12 is very similar to the Mod-00/GoLo shape but with one simple sightline, looks great in my opinion. Really cant wait to roll them on an actual green, and at $129 retail, they're nice and affordable for me to do some pondering.

These look good. That B1-07 slant neck looks pretty slick if it's what I think it is.

Here's the full spec sheet if someone can help me resize it:

method-matter.png

The M4 or M5 immediately jump out at me. At this price point it will be a cheap tinker.

Price is fine. Pretty lukewarm on Nike putters in general though, so I doubt I'll bother trying one out.

No center shaft option = no temptation. And that's a good thing.

No center shaft option = no temptation. And that's a good thing.

No Del Mar style = no temptation for me. Also a good thing.

These were in my local shop yesterday - I was surprised to see them, as I hadn't heard of the line before. I like the look, and found them an improvement over the Method Core line. I tried the B2-01, and enjoyed the few rolls I had with it, but I'd like to try these on real (not golf shop putting turf) conditions before saying anything more.

I'd have to see in-hand pics before I make judgement on the looks. But that M4-12 style is one I really like.

Just picked one of these up at GS for $129. Great looking putter.

This is the first Nike putter I have owned and the RZN insert feels great. No skid, great roll, and a solid feel. For $129 I couldn't resist...

988FF625-5D8B-47E8-949F-B8E16A3E4B0D_zpsujgccd20.jpg

Got to say, after putting it in play yesterday, I love this thing. Not sure it will knock the Odyssey Works out of the bag, but it's a nice putter for sure. And the price point is great for someone looking for a true rolling insert.

Damn this thread.

Added to the ponders

I had a chance to demo these on the lesson putting green today. I don't have a lot of experience with Nike putters so I can't compare them to the previous versions.

Being outside during a demo day (music etc) I can't comment on the sound but they had a nice substantial feel and put a nice roll on the ball. My brother-in-law fell in love with the B1-07, comparing it to his gamer Odyssey (original insert) if that helps describe the feel.

I got a chance to roll these today. Along with the converge putter. I must say I was quite impressed. The B1-07 suited me best. Going to give it a few more rolls. Currently considering this putter, the converge, metal-x milled #6 and the Odyssey works 1w.

I'll provide feedback if I can, compared to them all, once I roll them side by side this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what the difference between flow and plumbers neck?

These look nice. Nikes putters very,underrated IMO

Yup! Pulled the trigger on this today. Pictures and my re-cap of an hours worth of trying different inserts,putters, styles.

Slapped on a SS 3.0+ w/counterweight grip on as well!

Here are some in hand pics of the putter I purchased. Review to follow

1c4e8cc419d666e79d2fb9c06d144997.jpg
050601e92068f75e5b777694bfe27441.jpg
d914b1652137c031e74d4762fd335d4b.jpg
8a1a58e17e3d300fcbb16d4832b2c1eb.jpg
db909004e2db6565c107561acb1e7711.jpg
4e24a14506d0ed8f77b6ef91ee61a6f5.jpg
bd784fce6be7d7ae1b9939f40e2bd961.jpg
84e0c9349631b757b0f1f490baf2442b.jpg

Ok so finally got some time to write my thoughts...

I spent the better part of an hour this Sunday at GS. Trying everything in the putting area. Went in unbiased and was ready to walk out with whatever putter felt good (under $200).

After about 30min. I narrowed it down to the Nike, TM Ghost Tour Black, TM spider blade Counter balanced, Odyssey Works 1W, Ping Cadence (no particular model, but liked the insert).

All of the above mentioned putters felt great on dead center hits. No real complaints. The Cadence and Odyssey putters were very comparable IMO on dead center hits, possibly giving the nudge to a "softer feel" to the cadence. But again these are probably too close to be greatly noticeable. And it had to be an absolute dead center hit! anything off the dead center and the sound and feel were drastically different. With that said I narrowed it down to the TM ghost tour black putter and the Nike method matter putter. Partly because of the off-center hits. While all putters felt great on center hits these last two really stood out on off-center fits. They had a slight change and sound and feel but not as drastic as the others.

I spent the last 30min between the TM Ghost Tour black and the Nike Matter. At first I was draining more putts with the TM putter and my misses were closer to the hole but then once I got a feel for the Nike it was lights out. The absolute buttery feel of this new RZN insert is amazing. It won me over for sure. Both on center hits and on off-center hits it was smooth. With that said nothing came close to "soft feel" on dead center hits to the Nike. Not any other putter that I tried. It was a noticeable difference for me and what had me sold!.

I probably shouldn't have jumped right into the SS counter balance grip. I may have just wasted money there as I should've putted it with the regular grip for a while to get a better feel for the putter as is.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and updating as I game the putter but Since I am making my come back, i'll be spending a lot of time at the range and at the putting green until I hit the course.

I forgot to mention the roll. While feel and sound are greatly important to me as well. One thing I noticed was skidding off the face in the different putters. while all these putters had minimal skid off the face the last two puuters that I narrowed it down to had the least amount of skid. This could be dependent on obviously the synthetic greens that were there and the stroke I'm putting on the ball, etc.. But those last two putters that I narrowed it down too, I noticed, had the least amount of skid and put a consistent role on the ball with my stroke

First of all thanks X.Man for the super detailed and helpful review.

I spent 1H at the store putting with all blades available, it's coming down to Nike Method Matter b2-01 and the Odissey Work #1 (Black). Still have to make up my mind even though I'm leaning towards the Method... I think I have a trust issue with Nike Putters. Odissey is the leader in the Market, but I need to get over it.

I completely agree with X.Man about shots not in the center of the face. Nike Method is unbelievable...basically the sweet spot is as big as the insert.

One question to players that tried it on the course. How is distance control on downhill puts. The ball literally jumps off the face and I was curious if you had issue with distance control in specific situations such as downhill/fast puts,

Thank you

Back