Nike Vapor Flex/Speed Fairways and Hybrids - Preview Thread

I hit the Speed (I think) yesterday, and it's a silly forgiving hybrid. Very consistent, and looks and feels great. But I hit it a good bit higher than my J40's where it robbed me of a couple yards, so I'd be a fool to switch at this point. I'm sure it could be dialed in with the right shaft though, or by going to the Flex.

The deep face is causing seriously low spin for me I believe. I saw about 15 yards shorter and much lower flight. Saw similar out of the fairway wood and struggled mightily when hitting off the deck with it.

Weird cause it's totally opposite for me. I've always had an issue with 3W's off the deck and this is one I can finally hit and get airborne with some accuracy.

Best 3W I've hit in years. The honeymoon is over and it's a keeper.
Couldn't agree more Big Time. Although mine is a 5W. I thought I'd never get over getting rid of my RBZ 5W but the Vapor Flex is just so nice for me. Same with the Hybo.

Can anyone tell me if the FlexLoft adapter in the fairway is the same as the one in the drivers? I know the numbers are different, but I just wonder if it would be compatible. I've got this crazy idea to try and trim down my #TheHandCraftedExperience baseline shaft (which I have been told is essentially a HZRDUS Red) and put it in a fairway head, and since I've already got the FlexLoft adapter on the tip, it would be pretty easy if they're compatible.

Can anyone tell me if the FlexLoft adapter in the fairway is the same as the one in the drivers? I know the numbers are different, but I just wonder if it would be compatible. I've got this crazy idea to try and trim down my #TheHandCraftedExperience baseline shaft (which I have been told is essentially a HZRDUS Red) and put it in a fairway head, and since I've already got the FlexLoft adapter on the tip, it would be pretty easy if they're compatible.

Bumping for if anyone knows. Could I put a Vapor fairway wood on a Vapor driver FlexLoft adapter?

Bumping for if anyone knows. Could I put a Vapor fairway wood on a Vapor driver FlexLoft adapter?
Yes, it would work. Just take into account the differences in the loft numbers on the adapter as you already acknowledged.

Yes, it would work. Just take into account the differences in the loft numbers on the adapter as you already acknowledged.

Awesome, thanks James. Now I need to see if I might be able to find a cheap one of these heads somewhere.

Interesting. I really found the flight low for a hybrid. Low to where it was robbing me of some distance compared to others in similar lofts and ranges. Could be the deep face.

I hit this over the weekend and I was seeing a significantly lower launch angle (about 1.5*-2.5* lower) and my spin numbers were also lower. I wad using a launch monitor at my local shop and my carry numbers were awful with a mile of roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the Flex and Speed 5w on Wednesday on the GC2 and found myself really really liking the Flex. It is definitely a smallish head, but it's got some forgiveness and launch, and the damn thing sounds and feels GREAT coming off the face - it really reminds me of my old 910F in this regard, which TRUST ME is a good thing. Hit it with the S+ 70 shaft, and was carrying it in the 210-220 range with 3500-4000 rpms of backspin, which meant it only rolled out a max of 10 yards or so. Could be a great weapon for hitting par 5 greens. I really want to hit the 3w as well, because I'm curious if I'd see the same success in the slightly larger head/longer shaft.

Seriously contemplating trying to pick up one, if I can find a decent deal or trade for it.

Hit the 3 and 5 woods yesterday to compare alongside my Big Bertha 3w, and I have to say that the Flex 5w really made a strong case. I didn't get along with the Flex 3w too well, could be the shaft length (longer than the BB) but I had hook issues with it. But I cranked the 5w down to 17* (creating essentially a shorter shafted 4w) and proceeded to absolutely pummel it. I was hitting it only about 5 yards are so less carry than the BB, but with more spin and therefore better control and ability to stick a green. And it is loads easier to launch off the deck. Really solid club.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

the flex hybrids are 17-21 for the 3 and 21-25 for the 4 correct?

Thinking of a change? I'm surprised.

well I've had my current ones for a while and I just kind of feel like a change especially as I haven't been hitting them as well as I used to it seems

Finally got them in the mail today. I do like them more than the machspeed in in terms of feel and they look so much better.

The grip is awful though and I had that replaced right away so that's the big downside.

Headcovers are very snazzy as well.

Back