Nike Vapor Flex/Speed Fairways and Hybrids - Preview Thread

Picked up the Vapor Flex #w today. Saw 13.5 launch off the deck and som solid carry. Club felt a it heavier than I expected but looks good at setup. Can't wait too put in play.

noice. A little volt with the cobra blue. Loving your bag.

Picked up the Vapor Flex #w today. Saw 13.5 launch off the deck and som solid carry. Club felt a it heavier than I expected but looks good at setup. Can't wait too put in play.

Is that a bit low? I would think you would be coming up short of what you are used to with that launch.

It was low off the deck but I had it set at 13* I plan on playing it at 15* so that will come up. I am sure off the tee I'll see a higher launch as well.
Is that a bit low? I would think you would be coming up short of what you are used to with that launch.

You're gonna love it Freddie, it truly is a good club.

And it's confirmed, I will be adding the 4 hybrid to the bag.

Add the 3 in play for the first time today and just really like the performance both off the tee and the deck. I came in behind a few off the deck and was really impressed how the club still got through the turf into the ball delivering a respectable shot.

And it's confirmed, I will be adding the 4 hybrid to the bag.

Add the 3 in play for the first time today and just really like the performance both off the tee and the deck. I came in behind a few off the deck and was really impressed how the club still got through the turf into the ball delivering a respectable shot.
You need to just pull that trigger. You hit the 3hy well today, even on misses, it performed.

My 3h will be in this week, but its not beating out the heavenwood, I think we both saw why today hahaha

Best 3W I've hit in a few years. I'm smoking this thing off the tee.

You need to just pull that trigger. You hit the 3hy well today, even on misses, it performed.

My 3h will be in this week, but its not beating out the heavenwood, I think we both saw why today hahaha

It'll happen this week, no question. That's what impressed the most was with the misses, all still in play. I can't say that very often.

I hit the Vapor Flex 3 wood at lunch today and was incredibly impressed. I had to get going, so I only took 5 or 6 swings, but it blew me away. I had it set at 15* and neutral and according to the simulator I was on, I was consistently carrying the ball 250 off the deck. That's pretty insane for me with a 3 wood, and not all that far off of my driver. I wouldn't normally believe it, but the simulator was right on when I was testing 7 irons (still, I don't totally discount potential inaccuracy like adding distance for lower trajectory shots, etc.). Distance aside though, this thing just wanted to go straight. Every single shot seemed to be on a rope, which is very unlike me with a 3 wood. I usually play a pretty good draw with my Optiforce, which sometimes turns into a hook. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to choose between this and new irons because the $300 price tag is pretty steep for a 3 wood. But if I had an extra $300, this would have been in my bag before I left the store.

I absolutely stole a 3 wood today from golfsmith. Traded in 913 D2. Manager said he'd give me 150 with the bonus if I bought club today. Plus 50 off 250 coupon. Paid 60 bucks for a flex 3 wood!

On to the club. Wow it amazed me. Every strike with it I was like a kid on Christmas. The feel. The sound. The distance. Everything about it. I put it up against the alpha, Xr, and r15. The flex won by a mile. For some reason it was so much easier to hit off the deck. I do prefer the smaller head too. Not to mention it comes the shaft of my preference.

I would have thought the new Nike FW would be price protected.

Finally had a chance to hit some balls with my 3w and 3h and was impressed with both. Both were easy to hit and some good forgiveness.

finally hit the flex 3 and 5w with diamana s+ 70g stiff. i must say wow, why did i wait so long? the 3w set to 14* left (i guess lowering loft opens the face a bit so left allows to back to square? idk, it was set that way and i just hit it lol) was stupid easy to elevate, and was long! first swing on monitor was 290! haha went straight to the "shot distance boost" feature and set it to zero, then saw a bunch of balls in the 275 mark which is pretty awesome. needless to say 3w and 5w are on the way lol

Nice Kang, I still love the 3w. Stupid easy to hit at 13* off tee. Just wants to go straight.

The more that hit them, the more that are impressed. I like not being crazy! LOL!

Well, who am I kidding, I AM crazy, but still.

The more that hit them, the more that are impressed. I like not being crazy! LOL!

Well, who am I kidding, I AM crazy, but still.

you were spot on with these and not even close to being crazy. i feel confident standing over these that i will be able to hit them. then when the ball rockets off the face and you can see the results just makes one want to jump up and down. my srixon buddy he was impressed with the performance from these when i was hitting them yesterday

Is mostly people picking up the Flex version rather than the Speed? Is it the headshape or the adjustability?

finally hit the flex 3 and 5w with diamana s+ 70g stiff. i must say wow, why did i wait so long? the 3w set to 14* left (i guess lowering loft opens the face a bit so left allows to back to square? idk, it was set that way and i just hit it lol) was stupid easy to elevate, and was long! first swing on monitor was 290! haha went straight to the "shot distance boost" feature and set it to zero, then saw a bunch of balls in the 275 mark which is pretty awesome. needless to say 3w and 5w are on the way lol
Dibs on the other ones with metal straight things in themha.

You were hitting them well the other day. That shaft is great and may sneak a few swings out of your bag when your not looking.

I am not seeing this immediate love affair with mine. I've hit some good shots but I am no where near "wow" like eveyone else seems to be. I like the look but need to figure this out soon or it is going bye bye

Is mostly people picking up the Flex version rather than the Speed? Is it the headshape or the adjustability?
Personally for me I want the adjustability

Lateral forgiveness? Not so much. Toe shots are low and right.

Lateral forgiveness? Not so much. Toe shots are low and right.
Not what I'm seeing, and that's my numero uno miss with a fairway. But, we are all different of course. Lots of great releases out this year, there's something for everyone.

I didn't see anything low and right on misses on the toe. I had a few slices with an bad move but the ball still launched. I haven't been on the course yet but I have found this a little easier to hit than the g30. I have always struggled with 3w and I feel like this one helps,with confidence standing over the ball.

Back