Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

I still want to hit this one, its a strange urge that I have. Even with how much I adore the Xhot.

Curiosity never ceases it seems.

I still want to hit this one, its a strange urge that I have. Even with how much I adore the Xhot.

You would be a lot cooler if you did.

thanks blugold

thanks blugold

Stylo I can tell you that Aussies are going to get well and truly shafted when these finally arrive here. There will be NO custom fitting options as per all Nike Golf offerings. If you want that you will need to do what myself and others have done, order from the US. Not sure of the markup for the tour yet but I'm guessing in the $500 range.

Stylo I can tell you that Aussies are going to get well and truly shafted when these finally arrive here. There will be NO custom fitting options as per all Nike Golf offerings. If you want that you will need to do what myself and others have done, order from the US. Not sure of the markup for the tour yet but I'm guessing in the $500 range.

typical !!!!!

Prettty sure I ordered my driver about 6 months ago. Not sure where it is right now

Pretty simple results. 10.5 perfect. 9.5 to low. 11.5 too high.

I have the kuro kage silver 70g with the performance head and I have mine on 11.5 because of the low launch of the shaft. I also had my shaft shortened to 45" and loving the extra feel and accuracy. Swings much more like my 3 wood.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

typical !!!!!

Hit the performance in store today. Prepare yourself... Tour rrp $500. Performance rrp $349. As for how the performance actually performed- very impressed, even though the shaft is too soft for me (black) I was hitting it some good distances with great flight set at 10.5 right. Launch was around 11-14 with spin low 3000's. My covert tour should be delivered today or tomorrow and after hitting the performance I'm more than pumped. I'm expecting lower spin numbers with the tour matched up with my shaft.
Even with tape on the face I liked the sound and feel. Big improvement over the VR Pro IMHO.

Just do it...

Just do it...

bezy5ate.jpg

I hit the Tour version of this on an LM over the weekend.....and boy it was horrible. Hard to keep straight and just didn't go anywhere. Maxed my ball speed out at 156, took the VRS from last year out of the demo bag and put up 159-165 over about 4 swings. All the guys in the pro shop were talking about how the heck they were going to sell the 5 Tour models they had. They had raving reviews for the Normal version though, and can't even get them in the store. They even had a guy buy their Demo club since they are back ordered. Crazy how much of a difference there could be in such similar drivers.

Sounds like you were horrible moreso than the driver. You clearly weren't hitting it out of the middle if there was that much difference in ball speed. Everyone else is selling the hell out of Tours.

Sounds like you were horrible moreso than the driver. You clearly weren't hitting it out of the middle if there was that much difference in ball speed. Everyone else is selling the hell out of Tours.

Stay classy San Diego. Pretty ballsy calling a forum member horrible.

Sometimes its good to call people out, I see a lot of guys on this forum saying X and X is good or horrible when in reality 90 plus percent is the swing and not the club.

Sometimes its good to call people out, I see a lot of guys on this forum saying X and X is good or horrible when in reality 90 plus percent is the swing and not the club.

There are better ways of doing it than saying "maybe you're horrible". I understand this is a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

No arguement from me. If I miss over 50 percent of fairways on the day I usually immediately list my driver on ebay.

Did you hit the regular version?
I hit the Tour version of this on an LM over the weekend.....and boy it was horrible. Hard to keep straight and just didn't go anywhere. Maxed my ball speed out at 156, took the VRS from last year out of the demo bag and put up 159-165 over about 4 swings. All the guys in the pro shop were talking about how the heck they were going to sell the 5 Tour models they had. They had raving reviews for the Normal version though, and can't even get them in the store. They even had a guy buy their Demo club since they are back ordered. Crazy how much of a difference there could be in such similar drivers.

Did you hit the regular version?

Nope b/c they had a guy buy the demo from them and they hadn't gotten a new normal version demo in yet. They said the normal version though was pretty amazing and I'll give it a swing as soon as they get one in.

I tap, therefore I am

Back