I love my Sega Genesis as a kid, and I even had a Sega CD add-on.

That's what i was thinking, and that's why it is sega for me... otherwise I'd go snes... zeldas, chronotrigger, UN squadron, and some good FF games are enough to keep me busy

I heart you for hearting Chronotrigger.

That's what i was thinking, and that's why it is sega for me... otherwise I'd go snes... zeldas, chronotrigger, UN squadron, and some good FF games are enough to keep me busy

Yes based on time, I was looking at it more from the collectible side of things and its a debate : )

you can go straight to hell. The correct answer is obviously nintendo. I bought an original nintendo and 60 games off ebay.... Gunsmoke is still my favorite solo game, and Baseball stars is the best drinking game ever (1 drink for everytime you get out at the plate, when you are pitching 1 drink for every base/run/rbi.... a single 1, a 1 run double would be 4, a solo home run is also 6) and we played it quite a bit in college, many 24-19 games.

Genesis games I feel you need to be on psychadelic drugs to get the whole experience and I don't have time for that in my life nowadays.

Baseball stars was such a good game

Chronotrigger!!!! Best game ever❗❗❗

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes based on time, I was looking at it more from the collectible side of things and its a debate : )

If it’s collectible viewpoint, it’s NES by a landslide.

I say that as a collector, haha

If it’s collectible viewpoint, it’s NES by a landslide.

I say that as a collector, haha

Well and to replay. I’m going through midlife crisis and need to relive my youth. Minus Z cavariccis and tight rolled jeans.

I still have my original nes and sega. Loved them both. Collector wise, NES wins. But man sega had some really good games, esp sports games.

Give me NES with Mario Brothers, Blades of Steal, TechmoBowl, Adventure Island, Battletoads, California Games, and some TMNT.

It's still a good debate! I suppose it would depend on what you grew up with... I'll always remember the "secret spot" in double dribble. And the homerun fest in Bases Loaded if you played as NJ with the 3-4 batters of "Paste" and "Bay"... or just the sheer awesomeness of Baseball simulator 1000!

It's still a good debate! I suppose it would depend on what you grew up with... I'll always remember the "secret spot" in double dribble. And the homerun fest in Bases Loaded if you played as NJ with the 3-4 batters of "Paste" and "Bay"... or just the sheer awesomeness of Baseball simulator 1000!

At my age it was both. Nintendo when it came out and Sega in late high school and college.

Double Dribble and beating up on the Lovely Ladies in baseball stars was a large part of my indoor youth

Well and to replay. I’m going through midlife crisis and need to relive my youth. Minus Z cavariccis and tight rolled jeans.

Bahahaha, no right rolled jeans? Come on Josh!

At my age it was both. Nintendo when it came out and Sega in late high school and college.

Double Dribble and beating up on the Lovely Ladies in baseball stars was a large part of my indoor youth
I get ya man... just now remember the impossibility that was getting up the Zuul building stairway in ghostbusters... still have never beaten that game without game genie... memories

Baseball simulator 1000 was amazing.

Aaaaaamazing.

Baseball simulator 1000 was amazing.

Aaaaaamazing.
Remember the "line drive" super power that would carry defensive players to the wall and knock them unconscious? Who thinks of that!

Baseball Simulator 1.000 was also one of my favorite Nintendo games, with the "Ultra" teams and the various pitching and batting "superpowers". Made for some crazy games.

I spent a LOT of time with both of these systems.

The problem with Nintendo is getting them all is nuts pricing wise. Sega is easier.

The problem with Nintendo is getting them all is nuts pricing wise. Sega is easier.
It's not a hard system, and maybe not legal... but a ROM emulator gives you access to every NES game for free... not really for collecting i guess

It's not a hard system, and maybe not legal... but a ROM emulator gives you access to every NES game for free... not really for collecting i guess

Oh yeah, you can definitely get all of the games.
The hunt is part of the fun though.
Plus blowing into those stupid cartridges.

Great question. I liked both but for completely different reasons. The Genesis was my favorite because the controller was waaaaaay more comfortable and I enjoyed playing sports games more than anything else. I always felt and still do, that SEGA was the superior gaming system for sports games. Now, other than Sonic the hedgehog which is top 5 games in my book anyways.....the NES was better for fantasy and non sports games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nintendo. I thought the games were better and there was a better variety in my opinion. With that said, Sonic the Hedgehog was a pretty dope character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sega for me. sonic, mortal kombat, nba jam, street fighter, star fox, nfl blitz, . those were my jams.

The first 3 games alone make me go Sega, by far 3 of the best games between those 2 consoles.

I'd go with Sega for this comparison, but if it was the Super Nintendo or Genisis, I'd go Super Nintendo. SO many classic games.

I would also agree with this though.

Oh yeah, you can definitely get all of the games.
The hunt is part of the fun though.
Plus blowing into those stupid cartridges.

Blowing into the cartridge is ACTUALLY really bad for the games! It makes the pins corrode. NES in Japan is known as the Famicom(Family Computer). They all load from the top like a Sega Genesis or SNES. The American NES console was changed because the Japanese developers thought Americans wouldn't like a top loading console...so, they designed it like a VCR. And, when you have trouble getting the game to activate, it's actually the pins not making good contact...not dust! The whole blow into it to make it work is just an American concept...Japan didn't have this issue. Also, this is the same reason the US didn't get the real Mario Bros. 2! Nintendo thought it was to hard for Americans and they gave us Doki Doki Panic with the characters swapped out. That's why it's so different from the first one.

Back