Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

O man, listening to the podcast just takes me straight back and puts a huge smile on my face.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Out for 9 holes tomorrow morning. Gonna throw this in the GBB and get some shots in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Are you installing this shaft yourself or having it done professionally?

I can second JMAN'S comments on the clean look. The thing looks badass in the GBB. Is it possible to have too much matte? (That's a rhetorical question... the answer is 'no')

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Twelve THP'ers who attended the 2015 #TheGrandaddy were also fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to get their hands on the newest shaft from Oban, the Hashimoto. This thread will serve for the ongoing thoughts/testing of this shaft and also provide a place for any questions to be asked.

The Hashimoto is actually a very limited release from Oban that was designed in coordination with Callaway R&D and will be offered as a custom upgrade option with the 816 Alpha and Great Big Bertha drivers (as well as through Oban dealers). From discussions that THP'ers were able to have with the heads of Oban, the shaft possesses a softer tip section while having more stiffness in the butt and mid sections of the shaft. It was described to us as a low spin design with higher launch and aimed at a large segment of golfers needs. Aesthetically its definitely a departure for the company which is know for some of the brightest colors out there, but the stealth look is extremely clean with its combination of matte and gloss finishes.

The Hashimoto will be released in extremely limited quantities and available in R (55g), S (65g), and X (65g) flexes.

More information will be put up as we get it in hand in terms of specifications, but an in depth introduction on the shaft (and info on Oban as well) can be heard on Callaway Golf's "The Fitting Room" podcast below.

https://soundcloud.com/callawaygolf/oban-reveals-new-limited-shaft-the-fitting-room-bonus-edition

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0629-L.jpg

DSC_0630-L.jpg

DSC_0631-L.jpg

DSC_0632-L.jpg

DSC_0637-L.jpg

DSC_0639-L.jpg

DSC_0638-L.jpg

DSC_0640-L.jpg

DSC_0641-L.jpg

The fact that it came with its own case is in itself awesome.

Ok first drive of the day with the Oban. I really really like the ball flight. Nice high draw that had a ton of carry. Similar distance as with the Rogue so that makes me happy. I will say for the time on the range and that first tee shot impact feels a little softer

I will take this to the range next week, I'm playing tomorrow but want to get my first round at home with the rogue 60s I/O I was fit to. I am very intrigued with it at the moment can't wait to hit the range.

And if you guys haven't seen it, check out Obans Instagram account, it's been Rallo'd!!!

Ok first drive of the day with the Oban. I really really like the ball flight. Nice high draw that had a ton of carry. Similar distance as with the Rogue so that makes me happy. I will say for the time on the range and that first tee shot impact feels a little softer

Your temps are pretty different from Cali? So maybe longer than the Rogue or did you test side by side?

Nice! Are you installing this shaft yourself or having it done professionally?

They already had it tipped and ready.

After 9 holes too early to give good feedback. Did not get to take it on the range since it was closed, and did not hit driver on all the holes. Had some bad shots that were definitely on me. Was hoping to hit some side by side Fuji Speeder 665 Evo that I was fit into, but that's gonna have to wait until I get to a range that is actually open. But, this thing looks amazing paired with the GBB matte black head.

Yes!!! I was waiting for this one to come up. I immediately put this one in play for #TheGrandaddy.

I was fit into the 816 DBD with the Kuro Kage and was seeing great numbers on Tracman. I only hit this one on the range, but based on the yardages I lasered it was meeting or exceeding my carry distance and had the same (tight) dispersion.

I'm playing my DBD AT 8* | D and the ball flight is not low at all. In fact I had Ethan, Scotty G and DNevs all surprised it was set at 8* because the launch/ball flight was higher than you would expect to see.

Overall I know feel is subjective to everyone with golf shafts, but this one backs up all the claims Oban shared with us. Low spin, high launch & soft tip.

My initial thoughts and I'll have more soon.

I may be wrong here but I thought I heard him say $299 for the shaft

I thought it was a little more expensive than that, but that could be the upcharge with the driver?

7d7fec6aa32793a8ad2f17dd34106c8c.jpg

e420802d4ecbd875562a737e53e66a97.jpg

d4e38e8669e882bda390c6a855045c25.jpg

Haven't had a chance to play with this one but I will get to the range next week and work with it and give my thoughts then

Very hard to capture just how sexy the pairing is aesthetics wise. The slight gloss in the OBAN logo really pops in an understated way. Can't wait to get this thing on a monitor to see how it performs!

a1ba5d018547a7911d7bdd3f68ae8d5d.jpg

I'm very interested in this shaft. Soft tip, high launch and low spin. Sounds lethal in the right hands.

I agree it looks great with the GBB. I know this one is different from the Devotion, but the Devotion has worked so well for me in the past, I can't wait to read more about the Hashimoto.

Such a GREAT looking shaft, and all that I've read from you 12, it's hard not to see how GOOD this shaft is paired with just about any driver head let alone from Callaway. That combo of this shaft and the 816 DBD, that's the way to go!

This will be fun to put on my monitor this week. Especially against a setup I was literally professionally fit for.

This will be fun to put on my monitor this week. Especially against a setup I was literally professionally fit for.
Being fit for a similar setup, I'll be curious what numbers you see. I want to get out to the heated range with my GBB and put a few shafts through it and see how they all compare. I feel like high launch/low spin could be pretty dang good for me.

Being fit for a similar setup, I'll be curious what numbers you see. I want to get out to the heated range with my GBB and put a few shafts through it and see how they all compare. I feel like high launch/low spin could be pretty dang good for me.

You and jman got fit for similar shafts?

Back