Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

Philly grab the X?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's my understanding. I think he and James were the only two vying for it.

Regardless it's a beautiful shaft and you guys are lucky to get them to try out. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They actually had to wrestle for it... it will be on the next Callaway Live!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Your temps are pretty different from Cali? So maybe longer than the Rogue or did you test side by side?

Side by side with the same settings the Rogue was longer but the Oban was definitely a higher launcher. I may have to go down in loft settings to 8* for the Oban

Side by side with the same settings the Rogue was longer but the Oban was definitely a higher launcher. I may have to go down in loft settings to 8* for the Oban

I set the DBD initially at +2 | D & the launch was way too high. I dropped down to -1 | D and it was the ball flight I wanted. I'm curious what going 9* or 10* might do.

I looooooove the DBD/Rogue combo at 11* but that's too much loft for the Oban. But man does impact feel great with the Oban shaft.

Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

I looooooove the DBD/Rogue combo at 11* but that's too much loft for the Oban. But man does impact feel great with the Oban shaft.

Even with the tip described as "soft" I didn't get any negative feel from it. Someone who swings higher like you I'm sure can tell a difference.

Even with the tip described as "soft" I didn't get any negative feel from it. Someone who swings higher like you I'm sure can tell a difference.

Ya I could feel a slight difference

I'm planning on grabbing some Launch Monitor numbers with it tomorrow.

Rain rain go away... I think I'm going to be trying this in the mini first

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

O my it looks good

f04b30f2a0ecf339760943c6dcf6083c.jpg

Looking forward to everyone thoughts on this bad boy.

The callaway grip is a nice touch!

It really is, but I am loving the acid green UTX's as well

It really is, but I am loving the acid green UTX's as well

Can't go wrong with either on that awesome shaft.

Can't go wrong with either on that awesome shaft.

Agreed, one more thing, after nick said to go two wraps it's insanely comfortable. Amazing that a hack like me can tell there is 1 wrap on the Oban. So excited to hit this thing though. Rain all day tomorrow

Looking forward to your guys thoughts on this one. Being some of the first in the world to have it to test is pretty awesome and I look forward to the reviews.

I'm giving it its maiden voyage next week at UT Country Club in Austin. Nothing but rain today

I have had an oban locked in my bag for quite some time -- I believe they make a great shaft and expect nothing less from this thread.

Can't wait to read thoughts on a shaft I know absolutely NOTHING about!

I have had an oban locked in my bag for quite some time -- I believe they make a great shaft and expect nothing less from this thread.

Can't wait to read thoughts on a shaft I know absolutely NOTHING about!

You have shown quite the devotion to that shaft. :alien:

I took some swings with this combo today. Nice smooth feel to it. Felt like I could feel the kick down at the tip section. Spin numbers were really good for me with it paired with the GBB. Was seeing numbers between 2400 and 3100. On good swings LA was staying in the 15 neighborhood. Flight to the eye was good, was seeing mostly a straight flight with some movement going both ways because I'm no robot.

Looks wise, man it pairs up extremely well with GBB. Should have another LM session with it next weekend.

722d74c536a9a014b9995386090f873e.jpg

Back