Odyssey Putters Thread

Sooo...some digging on the Interweb led me to this little guy.

cc34beab2e02f0a23d75611741a734e4.jpg

9eebf3444d20850915abaa8dbf7911ed.jpg

1b80e1fa686bc0171e28e75366cb979a.jpg
Nice. A sabertooth with fusion rx insert!

Odyssey Putters Thread

Well...first round out with the milled collection #2...and unfortunately I am not a fan. Ouch. Back to the #7ch I go

Well...first round out with the milled collection #2...and unfortunately I am not a fan. Ouch. Back to the #7ch I go
That's unfortunate....

What was off? Roll, sound, feel?

Very. It just sets up slightly different than my others and it throws me off.
Hmm...different how? I have a MXM #2 that's a touch more angular than my Newport 2 and Anser 2. It doesn't bother me, but I can see a difference

What was off? Roll, sound, feel?

Aim. Everything else about it is fantastic. But in the end I couldn't make anything. Looks great, great roll, near perfect sound/feel...but I can't seem to aim it like I can the others. I think it sets up a little further away from me and flatter and causes me to try and steer it too much.

Hmm...different how? I have a MXM #2 that's a touch more angular than my Newport 2 and Anser 2. It doesn't bother me, but I can see a difference

Visually it looks like I'm setting up the head too flat, even though it's fine, so I end up trying to compensate to visually put it where I "think" it looks lined up correctly. My #7ch lines up dead on my sight line, but this one doesn't feel comfortable.

It's also the first time I've used a traditional blade with a plumbers neck in a while, so that might be part of it.

Visually it looks like I'm setting up the head too flat, even though it's fine, so I end up trying to compensate to visually put it where I "think" it looks lined up correctly. My #7ch lines up dead on my sight line, but this one doesn't feel comfortable.

It's also the first time I've used a traditional blade with a plumbers neck in a while, so that might be part of it.
The 7ch is a plumbers neck. Do they really set up that different? That's surprising.

The 7ch is a plumbers neck. Do they really set up that different? That's surprising.

Not really honestly. The #2 might be just a tad flatter, but it's really close. If I stand them next to each other they are almost identical, but visually it feels like there is looking down on it to me. It's super weird, but it was throwing me off today.

I'm hoping I can just chalk it up to a really bad putting day, because I love everything else about this putter.

Not really honestly. The #2 might be just a tad flatter, but it's really close. If I stand them next to each other they are almost identical, but visually it feels like there is looking down on it to me. It's super weird, but it was throwing me off today.
Dayum. It's tough to shake that during a round.

Odyssey Putters Thread

Dayum. It's tough to shake that during a round.

Yea. And I'm someone who putts with the blank part of the ball up and rely big time on the aim on the putter head itself. I think that's something else that helps about the #7.

Might have been that rock you were playing with Colin

Haha that was only for one hole unfortunately and I almost made that putt. It would be a good excuse though. I haven't soft stepped the shaft yet though, so that might be it too.

Lol that was only part of the round.
Luckily i made some putts for our team with my non odyssey.

And fwiw the 2 other times i played with colin he putted much better

Aim. Everything else about it is fantastic. But in the end I couldn't make anything. Looks great, great roll, near perfect sound/feel...but I can't seem to aim it like I can the others. I think it sets up a little further away from me and flatter and causes me to try and steer it too much.

Maybe get it bent up a degree or two?

I had another shaky putting round. Missed wayyyy to many inside of 5 feet. The greens were unbelievably slow compared to the ones I was on all week and could feel myself losing my stroke in my hands. I think I may end up going with a flatso 2.0 to keep my hands quiet

Maybe get it bent up a degree or two?

That's probably a good idea. Next time I head to the store I might take it in to have them do it. Should line up better for me at that point

Been dialing in my Works TC #7 indoors since getting back from the Grandaddy. I think I've got the weights setup pretty well for me, 15g in the head and 20g in the grip, and it feels stable and I've been controlling speed rather well. I hope to get it outside at some point, possibly next weekend, but based on indoor results I'm a fan.

Man I picked up an Odyssey Works 2-Ball Fang today and was very impressed with what I felt. I was draining some long putts. Ponder mode kicked in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I picked up an Odyssey Works 2-Ball Fang today and was very impressed with what I felt. I was draining some long putts. Ponder mode kicked in...

Big fan of this with the limited rolls I've tried with it searching for a putter

Big fan of this with the limited rolls I've tried with it searching for a putter

I'm telling you had my wife not text me to hurry up because she was hungry, I would have walked out with it.

I'm telling you had my wife not text me to hurry up because she was hungry, I would have walked out with it.

Glad I'm not the only one. I drop mine off at the shoe store and go across the street to golf Galaxy. After lunch/dinner!

Back