Odyssey Putters Thread

You were fitted to that one, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was. It was the best feeling face of the options available and I was in a toss up between this and the #1 but I was leaving the face open with the #1.

I was. It was the best feeling face of the options available and I was in a toss up between this and the #1 but I was leaving the face open with the #1.

I bet with more time you start draining those putts dude.

I bet with more time you start draining those putts dude.

Thankfully this weather is holding up and we can still play some golf.

Thankfully this weather is holding up and we can still play some golf.

Yep yep. Drain 'em brother.

I shall have a new putter this weekend. Ponder will finally end.

So my first few rounds are in the books with my #7 CH. it's interesting, I'm putting well but I'm not making putts. Some of the best lag putts I've had in a while we're this weekend. Could be the insane greens, could be just getting used to going back to a mallet but I didn't see many putts drop. I had a ton that were close just none wanted to fall

I was the same way with it at first. I think it's the plumbers neck with a mallet head shape. Once you get the feel and aim of it though it's so good.

Here's what I'm rolling putts with.

958e1edadc945b6fbc4768751b1a29f6.jpg

574fd2a266c131c65e56cdf1807bdd3f.jpg

cc647fdd50c8c8477756490c997c0c12.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Been rolling the v-line all season and love it. Lost the headcover for it today during my round..aggravating.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I was the same way with it at first. I think it's the plumbers neck with a mallet head shape. Once you get the feel and aim of it though it's so good.

I think the issue is just starting the ball on the right line. I might need to add a little forward press to get the hands going in the right direction from the beginning

I think the issue is just starting the ball on the right line. I might need to add a little forward press to get the hands going in the right direction from the beginning

Missing to a specific side?

My Versa Jailbird showed up today and I am wonder why I got rid of it to begin with.

Last edited:
After all this time not buying a #9 because I thought surely that wouldn't be a putter I'd work well with...I'm putting better than ever with a Cleveland Classic #2. Which means I'm looking for a #9.

Anyone game a ProType Tour? Would you take that or an Odyssey Works?

I went with the v line CB. This putter sets up so nicely it's crazy. I am not sure if it's the black contrast or the 2" alignment marker, but it finds the line. Really liking the longer putter that allows me to stand more upright. A little different than what I am used to but man when we get dialed it's going to be awesome.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

My #7 MXM Made it back into my bag after a 2 round hiatus, and I re fell in love with it!
My putting numbers werent the best with it due to slowed winter greens, but I did'nt miss direction wise during the round leaving a good 5-6 putts at the hole.

I also went from the 10g to 20g weights.
I cant see how or why I would stray from this putter again, the Set up and feel are simply fantastic!

Something about the Sabertooth that I love.
Me too. I saw it on line, went to GG, stood over it and had to have it. Toughest decision was to get the Super stroke grip or not.

Me too. I saw it on line, went to GG, stood over it and had to have it. Toughest decision was to get the Super stroke grip or not.

Hehe. That's an easy one for me. Haha

So, most know, I'm a long time single or double bend hater... But I went with the 5 Big-T for my #TheGrandaddy putter and that changed instantly. What a contrast this head is, the black shaft makes the offset tolerable for me and the head and finish scheme makes alignmebt a breeze. Been rolling it indoors a ton since I got home from Cali.

That was a surprise for sure James. I'm glad you are liking it. I have one and it's a great putter that sets up well.

I went into the fitting looking for a mid mallet. When the 6M was out of the window, the Works TC was next up because I loved the OG TC.

I rolled the #1 (which looks like a wide to me) and was ready to go. Steve stopped me and put the VLine in my hands. He noticed the #1 had too much toe hang the way I was addressing the ball and the VLine allowed for a more stable address with the putter fully soled.

15 minutes later my putter was decided on. 35" VLine Works TC with 15g weights in the sole and 35 gm weight in the grip. Considering I didn't miss a putt inside of 8' during competition, this one is not going anywhere. I'm looking forward to throwing up more updates when I get more rounds/practice sessions under my belt.

Sooo...some digging on the Interweb led me to this little guy.

cc34beab2e02f0a23d75611741a734e4.jpg

9eebf3444d20850915abaa8dbf7911ed.jpg

1b80e1fa686bc0171e28e75366cb979a.jpg

Back